PDA

View Full Version : Scared that my xbox might be damaged

The Beatle Dude
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
So heres the deal.

I got some games from the libary that i wanted to play, one of the was Deathsmiles...so i put in the disc and suddenly a loud freaking scary noice came from the disc drive and i could hear the disc jumping around inside the xbox :eek:

How the butt could that happen? i tried again and same thing happened, only this time the game wasnt there lolz...it was stuck inside the xbox but i could easily take it out. Could this possible have damaged my xbox somehow? I played some Rock Band 3 which i also got from the libary 5 min after and it worked fine.

Im just scared that it might happen again to one of my own games and the scratch the shit out of it :(

Tufty
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
You can get video games from the library? Anyway, you could install games to your hard drive before playing to minimise the chances of if happening again.

Illicit
06-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Had that happen once with a Dynasty Warriors game, once I heard that noise I took the game out and never played it again. I gave it to my sister to see if it was my xbox or the game and she said it did the same thing in hers. Has not happened with any other game yet. Could be a defective disc?
Also, I did not try to install it, might be worth a shot.

B0seiju
06-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes there are some countries where you can rent (video)games and movies from your local library with one card and no extra costs =). Just one yearly subscription for books, movies and games.

OP: Is your xbox standing upright or is it laying flat?

The Beatle Dude
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes there are some countries where you can rent (video)games and movies from your local library with one card and no extra costs =). Just one yearly subscription for books, movies and games.

OP: Is your xbox standing upright or is it laying flat?

Its laying down but i did try with it standing up

I tried playing the game on my brothers xbox, all that happened was an reading error

Beefdagreat
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
there must be something wrong with the disc. i havent come across a problem like this yet but maybe you can call support?

Ethiebeefy
06-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Something like that happened to me but, the only reason that happened my mum was moving my xbox off the ground into the TV Stand while it was on and see knocked on the corner of the TV stand