PDA

View Full Version : magic 2012 leaderboards

tsampugna
06-17-2011, 12:37 AM
So how does it calculate your score for the in-game leaderboards?

Pea Tear Gryphon
06-17-2011, 01:36 AM
My best guess would be, if you look at the completed people you have dueled against, it gives you bronze, silver, and gold. Gold being the best gives you the most points for the leaderboard. Im guessing this is factored by how quick you beat the opponent, how much life you have left, etc...but not completely sure yet. I would like to know for certain this is the case though, if anyone else has any info on the scoring! :)

TheUglyCasanova
06-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Who knows. You'll be lucky to find someone who doesn't quit when they know they lose anyway.

tsampugna
06-17-2011, 04:00 AM
I was wondering about single player specifically, I have a buddy who has beaten more of the campaign than me, yet he is lower on the leaderboards. Must be the difficulty setting?

Black Barney
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm also wondering about this. Is there no transparency to how the score is calculated? Is it just difficulty or more?

Azn Playah
06-20-2011, 10:24 PM
I've only paid attention to it in the last 2 duels, but playing on the easiest difficulty and beating the 1st campaign Garruk gave me 2 points. Beating Garruk in the revenge campaign also gave 2 points. So it doesn't seem to make a difference what your individual stats are in each duel as long as you win. I would assume higher difficulty gives more points per win and that possibly clearing out challenges or the campaigns at different difficulties give static amounts of points (since I'm at 1905 points, but definitely have not had even over 100 duels).

EDIT: Just beat Garruk in campaign on planeswalker difficulty and got 13 points. So difficulty definitely makes a big difference.

Farsight
06-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Who knows. You'll be lucky to find someone who doesn't quit when they know they lose anyway.

Do people still think that matters? It doesn't. It's even called "Concede Game". Unless the game crashes, you get credit.

Primarch Akurei
06-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Single player scales like real world ratings do. Everyone starts at 1600, the amount you gain/lose IRL would be based on the rank of your opponent and the results of the match. In game it works out on a difficulty based scale, that also scales with your current rank.

So for example, starting at 1600 and playing on mage you get somewhere around 5-6 points per victory. However the closer you get to 2000 that number reduces until roughly 1991 where Mage difficulty will always give only 1 pt. For further reference in the early 2000s Archmage will now net you roughly 5-7 per win, with Planeswalker giving 9-11.

It's a tiered/step scale as you can see. The exact values I can't give but this is from my own xp. I'm currently sitting at 2400 rating, will be higher soon but I got sidetracked by DA2 achievs.

Random related tid-bits
-Archenemy is always on Planewalker difficulty regardless of your difficulty setting. Oddly however the points you gain for a win seem a good bit less than a standard match.

-Online rankings scale on a smaller scale 1-34? I think (I know the original DoTP leaderboards were wonky so I'm not 100% what the exact values are for these) These ratings adjust more like real life games where your rating change will be based upon the rating of your opponent and the outcome of the match.

Black Barney
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Primarch, thanks for the awesome reply! That's a huge help.