PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide and Road Map

Jimm
06-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview (includes DLC):
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
- Offline achievements: 13 (220:gsicon:)
- Online achievements: 2 (30:gsicon:)
- Approximate amount of time to 200/200:gsicon:: 5-15 hours (depending on skill/luck)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None.
- Glitched achievements: No.
- Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
- Does difficulty affect achievements? No.
- Unobtainable achievements: None.
- Extra equipment needed? No.

For the main 200:gsicon: you must make your way to the end of the single-player and archenemy campaigns. There will be challenges along the way which have two achievements tied to them. My solutions for the challenges are after the achievements (in my second post). There is one achievement for multiplayer which you will need to find two people in order to get. For the 50:gsicon: from the DLC, you will need to complete another campaign where the challenges are unnecessary to get achievements.

Campaign
In order to progress through the campaign, you will need to defeat each Planeswalker in a 1-on-1 game. Once you do so, you can play against one of the next in line. The achievements for Single-Player are similar to story-related achievements in that they can not be skipped.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/sP/Ws/1oCLiGJhbC9FFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn+YP1qw ==.jpg 10:gsicon: Strength of Stone
Defeated Koth in the Single-Player Campaign
Koth is the first Planeswalker in the Single-Player Campaign. Beat him in a 1-on-1 game for the achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/2u/bu/0oCLiGJhbC9DFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn-cHmwQ==.jpg 15:gsicon: Ancient Depths
Defeated Kiora in the Single-Player Campaign
Kiora is the fourth Planeswalker in the Single-Player Campaign. Once you've beaten Koth, you will need to defeat Garruk Wildspeaker and Tezzeret in 1-on-1 games. This will let you fight Kiora and once you beat her, you'll unlock this achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1P/LJ/0YCLiGJhbC9MFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-ubyzw==.jpg 20:gsicon: Unquenchable Fire
Defeated Chandra in the Single-Player Campaign
Chandra is the seventh Planeswalker in the Single-Player Campaign. Once Kiora is defeated, Jace Beleren and Sarkhan Vol will be unlocked. Beat them to unlock Chandra, then beat her to get this achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Rw/op/0ICLiGJhbC9NFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn-wYKXA==.jpg 25:gsicon: Wielding Steel
Defeated Gideon in the Single-Player Campaign
Gideon is the tenth Planeswalker in the Single-Player Campaign. After Chandra, you must beat Sorin Markov and Nissa Revane to reach him. Defeat him for this achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/hu/eX/04CLiGJhbC81FQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn-LjnnQ==.jpg 30:gsicon: Final Exam
Defeated Karn in a campaign game
Karn is right after Gideon, making him the eleventh and final Planeswalker in the Single-Player Campaign section. The achievement will be yours once he's beaten.

Archenemy
The Archenemy mode can only be played once you've beaten Koth and Garruk Wildspeaker in the Single-Player Campaign mode. You can switch back and forth between menus using RB and LB. Much like the progression of the Single-Player campaign, you will need to defeat an opponent before moving on. This time, though, you can bring two allies with you. Each person has their own advantages, so try to choose based on whichever deck you are using (bringing three of the same deck is not always the best idea).
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/lg/Rt/1YCLiGJhbC9HFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn+kIEjQ ==.jpg 20:gsicon: You'll Never Get Away With It
Defeated an Archenemy in a game
Beat Koth in the Archenemy Campaign and you'll get this achievement. Alternatively, you may be able to do this in Multiplayer. However, if you'll be going for the Evil's End achievement, you'll need to do this anyway.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oB/ZW/0ICLiGJhbC83FQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn-3kWuw==.jpg 25:gsicon: Evil's End
Completed the Archenemy campaign
Nicol Bolas will probably be the most frustrating part of the game to get past, but once you defeat him this achievement will unlock.

Challenges
In order to get the achievements related to the Challenges, you at least need to be most of the way through Single-Player as well as most of the way through Archenemy.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Bf/yN/1ICLiGJhbC9GFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn+6L8Hg ==.jpg 10:gsicon: Magic: The Puzzling
Solved a Challenge
Complete any of the challenges below (see next post) for this one. You will need to at least defeat Koth in the Single-Player Campaign before you can attempt this.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/M+/62/0YCLiGJhbC82FQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn-pnuKA==.jpg 10:gsicon: Puzzling Master
Solved Fifteen Challenges
Complete all of the challenges in both the Single-Player and Archenemy Campaigns (I'm not sure if doing challenges count toward this achievement).

Multiplayer
There's one main achievement as far as multiplayer goes. It's easiest to get if you know a couple people that have the game. You may need to ask for help in the Achievement Trading Thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315436).
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/b+/-P/0ICLiGJhbC9AFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn-+DvdA==.jpg 15:gsicon: Gather Your Allies
Hosted an Archenemy match on Xbox LIVE with two human teammates
Open up Multiplayer and select Create Match. Select a mode and wait for two people to join. As soon as you start the game, you will get this achievement. This is easily boosted with friends since you can make the slots Private and invite them specifically.

Clean-Up
There are a couple other achievements that you may get on accident, but I'll explain the easiest way how to get them in case anyone has problems.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/-B/cv/0YCLiGJhbC9BFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn-gAX5w==.jpg 10:gsicon: Metalcraft
Controlled three artifacts in a game
Load up the Machination deck that you get for defeating Tezzeret in the Single-Player Campaign. Play with it for a while and as soon as you have three artifacts in play, this will unlock.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/SR/4O/04CLiGJhbC9CFQUXXFJRbTNGL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn-CEeUg==.jpg 10:gsicon: Mythic
Cast a Mythic rare spell in a game
You should get through normal progression (specifically by the time you finish the Master of Illusions Challenge in the next post). Load up the challenge and play Time Warp if you want this achievement.

Magic 2012 Expansion DLC

You must make your way to the end of the expansion campaign. There will be challenges along the way which have no achievement tied to them.

Expansion Campaign
In order to progress through the expansion campaign, you will need to defeat three Planeswalkers at a time in a 1-on-3 game. The achievements for the Expansion section are similar to the campaign achievements and can not be skipped.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Rv/w7/14CLiGJhbC9CCxoIG1lTIzNGL2FjaC8wLzE2AAAAAOfn5-gU-Fo=.jpg 15:gsicon: Your Fate Is Thrice Sealed
Defeat Gideon, Garruk and Koth as the Archenemy in a campaign game
Gideon, Garruk, and Koth are the first three Planeswalkers that you must defeat in the Expansion campaign. You will be the archenemy so even though you may be outnumbered, it won't necessarily mean you're at a disadvantage. At the beginning of each of your turns, you will automatically have an effect (called a Scheme) happen that will most of the time help you defeat your opponents.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1Q/Tb/1oCLiGJhbC9DCxoIG1lTIzNGL2FjaC8wLzE3AAAAAOfn5-n0BMk=.jpg 20:gsicon: My Crushing Masterstroke
Defeat Jace, Jace and Jace as the Archenemy in a campaign game
Jace, Jace, and Jace are the eleventh group and last three Planeswalkers you must defeat. They are all using the Realm of Illusion deck, so be careful not to let them get too many creatures out. Once you defeat all three of them, this achievement will unlock.

Expansion Challenges
No achievements, so you can skip these if you'd like. If you find yourself wanting to do them and need help, the solutions will be posted below (in the second post, once I get around to doing them).

Expansion Multiplayer
There's just one achievement for the expansion as far as multiplayer goes. You will need to play with at least one other person in order to get it.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/8-/Ua/1YCLiGJhbC9BCxoIG1lTIzNGL2FjaC8wLzE1AAAAAOfn5-o19e8=.jpg 15:gsicon: Your Puny Minds Cannot Fathom
Host a match on Xbox LIVE as the Archenemy
Go to Multiplayer. Go to Create Match. Go to Archenemy. Select Play as the archenemy. Set two slots to AI Player. From there, you will need a human to join your game. You should be able to ask someone in the Achievement Trading Thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315436) to help out. This will unlock as soon as you start the game, before it even loads.

Jimm
06-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Campaign Challenges
Rumble in the Jungle Easy 1-on-1 Challenge
-Block Stomper Cub with Barony Vampire and Runeclaw Bear.
-Attack with Gloomhunter.
The 'Magic: The Puzzling' achievement will unlock after successfully completing one challenge.

In the Spider's Web Easy 1-on-1 Challenge
-Block Storm Crow with Furnace Whelp.
-Attack with BOTH Furnace Whelps. Let Kiora decide how to block, then press X to stop timer.
-Activate Furnace Whelp's ability (the one NOT being blocked by Giant Spider). Choose 4.

With Fire and Sword Easy 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Kor Duelist.
-Activate Trusty Machete's ability. Choose Kor Duelist.
-Block with Kor Duelist.
-Attack with Kor Duelist.

Death Blooms Easy 1-on-1 Challenge
-Block Gaea's Revenge with Zombie Outlander. Block Mortivore with Cudgel Troll.
-Attack with Zombie Outlander.

Lust for Blood Easy 1-on-1 Challenge
-Block Terra Stomper with Vampire Nighthawk.
-Attack with Vampire Nighthawk.

Welcome to the Pit Medium 1-on-1 Challenge
-Block Raging Goblin with Death Cultist. Block Craw Wurm with Lord of the Pit. Block Craw Wurm with Bloodthrone Vampire. Block Colossus of Sardia with Bloodthrone Vampire. Press Y to continue, then press X to stop timer.
-Activate Bloodthrone Vampire's ability (the one blocking Colossus). Choose Mortivore. Press X to stop timer.
-Activate Bloodthrone Vampire's ability (the one blocking Colossus). Choose Death Cultist. Press X to stop timer.
-Activate Bloodthrone Vampire's ability (the one blocking Colossus). Choose Lord of the Pit. Press X to stop timer.
-Activate Bloodthrone Vampire's ability (the one blocking Colossus). Choose Bloodthrone Vampire (the one NOT blocking Colossus).

Master of Illusions Medium 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Island.
-Play Into the Roil. Choose Return an artifact, creature, or enchantment to its owner's hand. Choose Mind Control.
-Play Phantasmal Bear. (x3)
-Play Time Warp. Choose yourself.
The 'Mythic' achievement will unlock (if you don't already have it).
-Play Preordain. Choose (Deselect) Wall of Air (Only Summoner's Bane should have an orange glow). Press Y to continue. Choose Summoner's Bane.
-Play Dreamborn Muse. Press X to stop timer.
-Play Summoner's Bane. Choose Dreamborn Muse.
-Attack with Krovikan Mist.

Bane of Bolas Medium 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Aether Tradewinds. Choose Mountain (your own land). Choose Blood Tyrant.
-Attack with Thunder Dragon and Spellbound Dragon.
-Spellbound Dragon triggers after attacking. Choose Plasma Elemental.

Desperate Measures Medium 1-on-1 Challenge
-Press X to stop timer. Activate Quicksilver Amulet's ability. Choose Duplicant.
-Duplicant triggers after coming into play. Choose Sundering Titan (your own creature).
-Choose a Plains, Island, and Swamp.
-Activate Quicksilver Amulet's ability. Choose Precursor Golem. You will get 2 Golem Tokens (wait until you have them before doing the next step).
-Play Fleeting Distraction. Choose Golem.
-Play Island.
-Play Mox Sapphire.
-Play Show and Tell. Choose Icy Manipulator.
-Activate Icy Manipulator's ability. Choose Akroma, Angel of Wrath.
-Attack with Steel Hellkite.
-AFTER dealing damage, activate Steel Hellkite's SECOND ability. Choose 4.

The Tangled Vale Medium 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Sign in Blood. Choose Nissa.
-Play Sudden Impact. Choose Nissa.
-Play Sickening Dreams. Choose Bloodghast, Bloodghast, and Corrupt.
-Activate Terramorphic Expanse's ability. Choose a land.
-Bloodghast triggers after the land enters the battlefield. Choose Yes. (x4)
-Attack with everything.

Master Your Destiny Hard 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Island.
-Play Index. Choose Tranquility, Erratic Explosion, Bogardan Hellkite, Island, Coiling Oracle (in that order).
-Play Bloodbraid Elf. Choose Coiling Oracle.
-Activate Djinn of Wishes' ability. Choose Bogardan Hellkite.
-Bogardan Hellkite triggers after coming into play. Choose Creatures - Illusionary Servant (x1). Choose Creatures - Air Elemental (x4).
-Attack with Bloodbraid Elf.

Plots within Plots Hard 1-on-1 Challenge
-Play Gifts Ungiven. Choose Dragonstorm, Blaze, Gifts Ungiven, and Grapeshot.
-Play Gifts Ungiven. Choose Dragonstorm, Flame Burst, Intuition, and Grapeshot.
-Play Intuition. Choose Flame Burst (x3).
-Play Flame Burst. Choose Players - Karn. (x2 - if applicable)
-Play Grapeshot. Choose Players - Karn. Grapeshot triggers multiple times. Choose Players - Karn. (x2 - if applicable)

Archenemy Challenges
Might of the Mountains Easy 3-on-1 Challenge
-Play Flight. Choose Ashen Monstrosity (Koth's creature).
-Play Earthquake. Choose 5.

Kiss of Death Medium 3-on-1 Challenge
-Play Forest.
-Play Hunter's Feast.
-Activate Legacy's Allure's ability. Choose Death's Shadow.
-Play Giant Growth. Choose Death's Shadow.
-Play Lure. Choose Deathcurse Ogre (Liliana's creature).
-Press Y to continue until you attack, then press X to stop timer.
-Activate Fires of Yavimaya's ability. Choose Death's Shadow.

Seek No Longer Hard 3-on-1 Challenge
-Do NOT play a land during this challenge. This is just to save some time later.
-Play Cremate. Choose anyone. Choose anything. Again, this is just to save time.
-Play Wheel of Fortune.
-Attack with Dragon Mage.
-If Phyrexian Tyranny triggers, choose Pay 2 Life each time (this is a good death).
The 'Puzzling Master' achievement will unlock after successfully completing all fifteen challenges.

DLC Challenges
Behold the Power of Destruction Hard 1-on-3 Challenge
-Behold the Power of Destruction triggers. Choose Ajani Goldmane.
-Attack Ajani Goldmane with Flameblast Dragon.
-Attack Liliana Vess with Nemesis of Reason.
-Flameblast Dragon triggers. Choose Players - Sarkhan Vol. Choose Yes. Choose 5.
-End your turn or play Sign in Blood. Choose Liliana Vess.

Death on the Wind Hard 1-on-3 Challenge (It's actually 2-on-1)
-Wait for Jace to attack. Press X to stop timer.
-Play Plummet. Choose Air Elemental. Press X to stop timer.
-Activate Sailmonger's ability (Ral's creature). Choose Sailmonger. Press X to stop timer.
-Activate Captive Flame's ability. Choose 1. Choose Wind Drake (Jace's creature).
(Your turn)
-Press Y to continue.
-Ral plays Rorix Bladewing.
-Activate Captive Flame's ability. Choose 3. Choose Rorix Bladewing.
-Press Y to continue.

Introductions are in Order Hard 1-on-3 Challenge
-Introductions are in Order triggers. Choose Search your library for a creature card. Choose Emrakul.
-Play Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
-Attack Nissa with Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
-End your turn.
(2nd turn)
-Introductions are in Order triggers. Choose Search your library for a creature card. Choose Conquering Manticore.
-Play Conquering Manticore. Choose Baneslayer Angel.
-Play Hellkite Charger.
-Attack Liliana with Baneslayer Angel.
-Attack Tezzeret with Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.
-Attack Nissa with Conquering Manticore and Hellkite Charger.
-Hellkite Charger triggers. Choose Yes.
-Attack Tezzeret with everything.

Feed the Machine Hard 1-on-3 Challenge
-Feed the Machine triggers. Choose Gideon.
-Play Colossal Might. Choose Juggernaut (Jace's Creature).
-Play Chain Reaction.
-Play Vision Skeins.
-Play Sparkmage Apprentice. Choose Players - Jace Beleren.
-Play Hedron Crab.
-Play Forest.
-Hedron Crab triggers. Choose Nissa.
-Play Biorhythm.
-End your turn.

RK1 R33D
06-17-2011, 02:43 AM
there's already a thread sticky for the challenges.

Azn Playah
06-17-2011, 02:58 AM
It's more a nitpick than anything else, but perhaps mention that archenemy mode has to be unlocked via the single player campaign first.

Jimm
06-17-2011, 03:04 AM
It's more a nitpick than anything else, but perhaps mention that archenemy mode has to be unlocked via the single player campaign first.
No, you're right. I'll add that in. Thanks for the suggestion.

Black Barney
06-17-2011, 01:54 PM
thanks a ton! I've been stuck on one or two of the challenges. These are way tougher than the first Magic game and I'm embarassed I couldn't figure them out :(

Jimm
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
thanks a ton! I've been stuck on one or two of the challenges. These are way tougher than the first Magic game and I'm embarassed I couldn't figure them out :(
You're very welcome. It seems like they went through the trouble of making fairly difficult challenges since they started off making ridiculously easy ones. I was baffled when the first challenge was block, then attack. I was actually disappointed. That changed by the time I got to the Archenemy challenges, though. It's nothing to be embarrassed about; they specifically manipulate the situations to be highly confusing with only one way out.

Black Barney
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the easy challenges are in there as a type of tutorial for the game (notice how the tutorial doesn't cover everything? like multiple blockers for instance?). So those first few challenges are in there to introduce more advanced topics to beginners players I think.

Great guide, thanks again!

BigDaddy Rick
06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Good guide man good job

ADenton109
07-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Just finished the game full 200 some things were tricky and had to retry a few times but was a fairly easy game. Thanks for the guide.

work u later
08-03-2011, 11:05 PM
The Master of Illusions isnt working for me. i cant play the Krovikan mist because i only have 1 mana left. any help/ suggestions?!

Jimm
08-04-2011, 05:17 AM
The Master of Illusions isnt working for me. i cant play the Krovikan mist because i only have 1 mana left. any help/ suggestions?!
You shouldn't have to play Krovikan Mist? You want to play Into the Roil to return the Mind Control that your opponent has used to steal it. This will return it to your control and let you attack with it the next turn (which will be immediately after your current one because you should cast Time Warp). You can use the Right Trigger to zoom in on the cards to make sure you have the correct one selected.

Beanboy83
08-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that "You'll Never Get Away With It" may be a glitchy achievement. I just finished the arch-enemy campaign and didn't get this achievement. I know I had lost in multi-player with people online, but I would think that even after you get a win in single player you should get it, right? I played in multiplayer online, 1st, then went through the campaign. Any ideas?

Also, never got the achievement for the mythic spell when I played master of illusion. I have the achievement for beating all the challenges, but never got that achievement along the way. I'll try the challenge again, but who knows?

Jimm
08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that "You'll Never Get Away With It" may be a glitchy achievement. I just finished the arch-enemy campaign and didn't get this achievement. I know I had lost in multi-player with people online, but I would think that even after you get a win in single player you should get it, right? I played in multiplayer online, 1st, then went through the campaign. Any ideas?

Also, never got the achievement for the mythic spell when I played master of illusion. I have the achievement for beating all the challenges, but never got that achievement along the way. I'll try the challenge again, but who knows?
I'm just trying to verify what the problem is and this may sound stupid, but are you sure you're looking at your achievements for Magic 2012? I see from your list that you've got the achievements for finishing the campaign and challenges for the first game, but I'm not seeing the same thing for you on 2012.

For You'll Never Get Away With It, were you the one that dealt the finishing blow? I'm not sure if you get it when your ally is the one that kills the archenemy. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause the achievement to not unlock, but it's not like that's something I can really test. All I can suggest is that you finish the Archenemy campaign (which you said you did, but unless you're talking about a different account, I can only use the evidence I have access to) since you'll need to do that for the Evil's End achievement anyway and hopefully it will unlock by then.

For Mythic, I do see that you have beaten Kiora so as long as you've defeated Sorin, then you should have had access to Master of Illusions. I don't see that you have the achievement for finishing all the challenges on this game, but you can always load this challenge up again even if you've beaten it. Because of that, you can always try that method again if it didn't work the first time. You can even ignore the guide and just play the Time Warp they give you, then see if it unlocks. If not, you will probably need to unlock a mythic rare card for one of your decks and play games from start to finish until you draw and cast it to see if that works.

Beanboy83
08-26-2011, 05:40 AM
I'm just trying to verify what the problem is and this may sound stupid, but are you sure you're looking at your achievements for Magic 2012? I see from your list that you've got the achievements for finishing the campaign and challenges for the first game, but I'm not seeing the same thing for you on 2012.

For You'll Never Get Away With It, were you the one that dealt the finishing blow? I'm not sure if you get it when your ally is the one that kills the archenemy. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause the achievement to not unlock, but it's not like that's something I can really test. All I can suggest is that you finish the Archenemy campaign (which you said you did, but unless you're talking about a different account, I can only use the evidence I have access to) since you'll need to do that for the Evil's End achievement anyway and hopefully it will unlock by then.

For Mythic, I do see that you have beaten Kiora so as long as you've defeated Sorin, then you should have had access to Master of Illusions. I don't see that you have the achievement for finishing all the challenges on this game, but you can always load this challenge up again even if you've beaten it. Because of that, you can always try that method again if it didn't work the first time. You can even ignore the guide and just play the Time Warp they give you, then see if it unlocks. If not, you will probably need to unlock a mythic rare card for one of your decks and play games from start to finish until you draw and cast it to see if that works.

I'm not on XBOX live much (due to issues with connecting where I reside), so the achievements on my profile aren't up to date. I have all of the achievements for this game except for those 2. I'm wondering if it's that my game isn't up to date. Can I say that I hate how you have to log in and out of a game 3,000 times just to make sure the game is up to date rather than it downloading all the available updates at once? Blast you, XBOX Live Updates... :eek:

Beanboy83
08-26-2011, 05:47 AM
I had the same idea before, so if anything, I made sure I always to make sure I was in the final attack formation. The last time I played, I was the last man standing (both of my teammates died and I killed the other guy on my own) and it didn't work, unfortunately.

(Copied from my post on GameFaqs.com)

Beanboy83
08-29-2011, 01:37 AM
I got them. I connected to XBOX Live and updated the game. Played the challenge and got the achievement. Won in Arch-Enemy and got the other. 200/200... at least until the DLC comes out....

Mr.Pink26
04-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Great guide, really helpful. Thanks.

The Albino Slug
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
What is the benefit [ if any ] to having the minimum amount of cards to a deck eg. Min=60. Been running into hordes of people with the bare min. allowed and seem to be getting ran through.

Jimm
06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
What is the benefit [ if any ] to having the minimum amount of cards to a deck eg. Min=60. Been running into hordes of people with the bare min. allowed and seem to be getting ran through.
The benefit is that if you are using your absolute best cards while also using the bare minimum available, you are going to have a greater chance of seeing the better cards compared to someone that is using all of their weaker cards as well as their best ones. You are still going to need a bit of luck either way, but using only good cards decreases the amount of luck you'll need to win. In an even match where both players are getting as much luck as they need, the winner will be determined by skill/strategy.