PDA

View Full Version : Toughest archenemy

batboy
06-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Basicly as the topic ask, who is the toughest archenemy, or should I say, who did you have the toughest time with?

Although I'm still towards the begining I have to say Tezzeret has got to be the hardest. While playing with people and not AI's we've lost 11 outta 12 times. Now we did win once but for soe reason only the host got credit for it I think. Both me and the other person already had beat Koth and I already beat Garruk but it kinda sucks that after all that work only one person outta the three got the credit.

Sorry for the rambling but I do want to see who you think is the toughest. Let the complaining begin, :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

RK1 R33D
06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Nichol Bolas. I used the Blue/Green with a Blue AI and Elves Deck AI.

I was 1/12 in beating him. Each time I would get ramped up to bring out one of the giant cards and I would get decimated by the scheme cards. The 12th time, I anticipated the scheme card that would cut my progress down, and it worked. I annihilated all of Bola's permanents and land with 4 moves and then him in another two as he had already worked himself up to like 65HP

That guy seriously had me rageing when he'd pull a Damnation then bring it back from the graveyard and use it again later.

theNomad
06-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Those scheme cards are harsh, only played with AI team mates yet and getting nowhere.

Does seem a bit dodgy if only one of the multiplayers gets credit for the win.

CornishMessiah
06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Bolas is the hardest, I'm still stuck at the moment but the green/black deck person is also really annoying especially when she pulls a 7 1/1 token scheme first turn, grrrrr!

batboy
06-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Just gotta say this, me and two friends where just fighting Jace Beleran and we ended up winning by him decking out. Laughing our asses off when it happened even though he only had 3 life left. It did take a while to finally beat him though.

BBowles
06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
That's how I beat the blue/green deck....she decked out with all her insane land drawing.

Nicol took me 4 very LONG tries, as he almost decked out in the first 2 games. Finally beat him using 2 AI white decks along with me playing chandra's red deck. We were able to get enough creatures out fast enough that he couldn't stop them.

Edit: And by AI decks, I meant to type 2 extra controllers >_< The stupid AI was annoying me at that point :P Should have been using 3 controllers the whole time. 3x Burn decks worked great, even with bad AI partners who would NEVER pump their creatures, even with open mana and no cards in hand. 3 controllers would have been wise....although even with 2 AI partners I never lost until the final 2 fights.

Chathams Finest
06-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Nissa Revane was the hardest for me. Kiora and Bolas was a bit of a struggle, but easy compared to her.

Coorhagon
06-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Bolas is the hardest, while Nissa Revane is second hardest.

I found the best deck for archenemy is the blue/green deck while having the red burn deck and any other deck to be the most effective for me.

Black Barney
06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Bolas was the only one that gave me a really hard time and I had to switch strategies/decks repeatedly.

fanatic1878
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
hya,
in the beginning i had some problems progressing through the arch enemy campaign, but when i started using the only blue deck for me and both AIs it really went easy. everyone fed off the illusions of the other.

but toughest was Nissa Revane for me. took me 4 tries.

Ohheythere
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Took about 20 tries on Bolas...everyone was a 1 hit wonder. Had to use the cheap Illusions deck to beat that mother. I was using the idiot AI, but in the end, they were the ones who beat him. Thank GOD I never have to play this idiotic mode ever again (or until they release some DLC for it).

Rashaka1
06-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeah... I'm stuck on Nicol Bolas as well.. Worst concept for a game ever. Whoever came up with archenemy should be shot in the face.

shinobigarth
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
im currently super stuck on Tezzeret. he is a huge mofo that spams artifacts and a bunch of cheap stuff mostly instants that destroy a creature or otherwise screw you over. i tried 3 Jace's which usually work but not this time. i shoulda quit out when he got Vensers Journal close to the start. :mad: he even decked out at the end but didnt lose. WTF?

KerNeL KLuTcH
08-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Use Chandra's deck (Unquenchable Fire) (Red)
AI's both use Gideon's deck (Wielding Steel) (White)
get enough creatures out early
i beat him first try with this combination.
don't for get to go to setting and switch it to planeswalker on your turn so you teammates make smart decisions and switch it back to mage on bolas's turn.