PDA

View Full Version : this one thing that annoys me

debje
06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
im liking the game very much. especially the deck editing. the one thing that really annoys me however is this:

im still not able to choose which mana i want to use to cast my spells. the A.I. is horrible sometimes since it uses for example your only blue mana to cast a 2G spell, while i wanted to keep that mana open for my counterspell thats now useless in my hand.
this actually cost me some games.
i was hoping i could decide for myself which mana to use.

anyone else feels like this could have been done better?

everything else is pretty good and i will keep playing his for a long time to come.

theNomad
06-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Your not the only one whose complained about this, I've seen it mentioned in a few other threads here. Being a newb I've yet to really play with split coloured decks. But can imagine how it messes with any counter strategy you was hoping to play.

Sounds on the whole people are more positive towards this version than the last and the developers took on board key issues/glitches with the original, maybe by the 3rd outing they'll implement a land/mana fix and maybe a full custom deck builder which it seems some of the hardcore players want.

WonderCaliban
06-18-2011, 07:32 AM
There are few annoying things that people complained about from the last game, which are still in this one. Good game, but a bit disappointing they didn't fix a few issues.

CoachCO62
06-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I dont mind that as much as the land issue, mainly because that strategy is big on the blue counters and saving blue mana and Im not a big fan of blue decks.

My issue is still there is too much land in a deck thats easy to fix by letting us edit it, for example I like the guardians of wood deck, many cards are 3 or below total mana cost, but yet there are 24 lands in the deck completely pointless and unnecessary, you could play that deck with about 16 land especially since some of the cards allow you to pick through and take any land you want any put it into your hand or into play.

debje
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
yeah thats also true, but that doesnt really bother me since i know it will have that much land, but when the stupid A.I. uses mana that i wanted to keep open, then i get realy frustrated. especially in a ranked match, cuz it often costs me that match.

oh well, guess we cant do nothing but accept it.