PDA

View Full Version : M$ Breached?

Evo Kazz
06-18-2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/report-lulzsec-hacking-group-releases-xbox-live-facebook-login/

dakisbac
06-18-2011, 07:19 AM
After what Sony did I don't know if we can trust Microsoft at their word, but what they said in their statement seems like the most likely scenario: with a large list of email/password combinations some people may have tried, at random, to jack a gamertag hoping that the combination they had was used in multiple places.

And if anyone did lose their account this way it's not Microsoft's fault, it's the fault of whoever got breached in the first place and the fault of the user for not using different passwords.

Veedrock
06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Microsoft wasn't breached, the hacker group admitted it before Microsoft addressed it as far as I know.

What happened was the group hacked a lot of other websites for user information and said "these logins might work on other sites like Xbox Live." If you use the same login across multiple sites you should update them, otherwise you're fine.

You really should use other sources that update their articles regularly as events unfold.

EDIT: I do gotta say though, it's been a treat to watch PS3 fanboys get worked up and celebratory over this. Hell they're still defending it, saying that Microsoft is lying and they've really been hacked. It's hilarious.

JDMBO1
06-18-2011, 07:48 AM
as said above your stupid enough to believe that MS got hacked. It was just a group of hackers hoping to get lucky.

Evo Kazz
06-18-2011, 08:08 AM
as said above your stupid enough to believe that MS got hacked. It was just a group of hackers hoping to get lucky.

I'm not stupid enough to believe anything, saw this on the news this morning and thought I would share. It was obviously worth posting as you came in and commented. :)

JDMBO1
06-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm not stupid enough to believe anything, saw this on the news this morning and thought I would share. It was obviously worth posting as you came in and commented. :)
Sorry, no offense to you but those that have the first thought that MS was breached is stupid. My first impression of this thread was interest tell I read it, and thought nothing of it after I read said article. Either way this isn't an MS breach as much as it is a breach of other sites, and the breachers taking emails addresses and hoping some of the email addresses would correlate to Xbox.

Mister Spraggsy
06-18-2011, 08:20 AM
The article was updated and microsoft said there had been no breaches.

On a side note i really hate hackers with a passion. Someone should round them all up stick them on the front lines in Iraq or somewhere like that then see how cool they feel.

Frasr
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
this is on the lulzsec website

In return for flooding /b/ this morning, have 62,000
passwords and emails.. these are random
assortments from a collection, so don't ask which site they're
from or how old they are, because we have no idea.

Ice Car
06-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Oh, title misleading. I saw this days ago on Escapist, it was just about the 62,000 accounts stolen and published from random areas. It didn't specifically target Micro$oft or Xbox Live. It was a random attack.

Evo Kazz
06-18-2011, 08:36 AM
I think if people have same pass for everything they deserve to be hacked, but I agree with the guy a few posts up, Hackers are scum, it was hip a few years back, now its just pathetic and shows they have no life.

LethalRope
06-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Apparently MS lifted many bans from J-Tag consoles In fear they are responsible.

BluWolve
06-18-2011, 09:58 AM
ok i have always stood firm in my belief that microsoft couldnt be breached, but there is a current service alert for accounts on the australian ms support website and it could just be a coincidence, but i will be changing my password right away just to be safe.

BluWolve
06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
ok i have always stood firm in my belief that microsoft couldnt be breached, but there is a current service alert for accounts on the australian ms support website and it could just be a coincidence, but i will be changing my password right away just to be safe.
ok now it says up&running, but i still am having the same purchasing problems, i dont know whats going on, but after all the problems i have been having with MS lately, i am seriously starting to lose faith in their integrity.

HeatGuyStu
06-18-2011, 11:00 AM
My account was hacked yesterday after Sega online was...I tried to post on here but the admins deleted my post............had to cancel all my cards and reset my passwords after they then tried to hack all my email accounts linked to my live ID...

OptimusPrime76
06-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Sorry, no offense to you but those that have the first thought that MS was breached is stupid. My first impression of this thread was interest tell I read it, and thought nothing of it after I read said article. Either way this isn't an MS breach as much as it is a breach of other sites, and the breachers taking emails addresses and hoping some of the email addresses would correlate to Xbox.

Er, I'm sorry but why are people stupid to think that M$ had been hacked after hearing about it on the news??

I don't get it unless their is a hardcore section of M$ loving xbox fanboys who think their beloved company is totally impenetrable and simply cannot be hacked. I'm sure Sony thought they were safe.

Artielang
08-18-2011, 04:12 AM
This may have what happened to me too.someone bough 6000 microsoft points and bought 3 kinect games with it. I dont even have kinect. When I called microsoft they said its been happening a lot this summer. They went and froze my account and said they'll get back to me in 21 business days