PDA

View Full Version : Good Archenemy strategy

WonderCaliban
06-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I've found a strategy which works quite well for Archenemy.

Using Garruk's Apex predators deck. Unlock all 16 cards through normal play or by buying an unlock key.

Modify the deck, take out all copies of

Wall of vines
Runeclaw bears
Centaur courser
Lead the stampede
Beast hunt
Giant spider
Hunted Wumpus
Serrated arrows

Have all the other cards in the deck.

Start the game with 2x Sorin as partners (other partners may work just as well, but 2x Sorin seems to work well for me)

Then start the Archenemy match, draw a new hand or restart the duel until you have a Rites of Flourishing card in your hand with 2-3 land cards. You should be able to play it on turn 3 as it requires 3 mana. It is this card which will swing it into your favour, it allows each player to draw an extra card and play and additional land card each turn. Whilst the Archenemy will also benefit, it allows the 3 players to quickly build up a mana pool and have a large number of creatures.

Combined with overrun (all your creatures are +3/+3 plus gain trample for a turn) which you are likely to get a copy of now you are drawing 2 cards you can beat down all the enemy creatures. Both Sorins should also start laying down some powerful combinations as well.

Other good cards are Multani, Maro sorcerer (His power/life are equal to the number of cards in each players hand)

A card called Hunters Feast which gives you and your allies 6 health each.

Also, Dungrove elder, costs 3 mana to cast but his power/life are equal to the number of lands you have (Which using this strategy you can build up quickly)

EDIT: I tried this again using 2x Chandra with her red deck as allies and it seemed to work better.

Hope this helps.

theNomad
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM
When using the vamp deck I'm finding a mix of the Blade of the Bloodchief artifact alongside any flying creature to be a formidable aid in beating games quick. It picks up +1/+1 for every creature that dies or +2/+2 if you use it with a vampire card. Within 3 turns you can have a card with +**/+** that if on a lifelink card say the Vampire Nighthawk gives you back as much health as you take away.

:woop:
Was a lucky game earlier I had a nighthawk to 18/19 within 4 turns, an AI used a mass control spell on loads of 1/1 goblins to boost my newly placed card. I ended up winning with excess of 50hp myself.

Just don't forget once you've built a good little lead on one card move the artifact to another card to draw attention away from it. Only drawback I've noticed is the damned scheme card that destroys any 3 cards regardless if they're land/creature or equipment.

batboy
06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Damn I've been having luck just playing with 3 realms of illusion's decks against everyone except for Jace. Usually at lease two people ended up with a Krovikan Mist card in there hand then never mind some low casting Illusion creatures to keep boosting up the Krovikan Mist power.

CoachCO62
06-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Ive been doing good with the green/black elves deck (think its called gaurdians of wood), for everyone. seems to help alot when you get a few headless ones that are coming out as 12/12 creatures by round 4. Just take out any high mana cards. In addition there is an elf that allows you regenerate any other elf for 1 green mana, so that helps. Found that Archenemy isnt that bad depending on the schemes that come out. It hasnt taken me more than 2 games to beat an opponent.

BBowles
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Seems to be several good strategies. I personally played 3x the red burn decks and sailed through the campaign until the final 2 fights when I needed to switch it up.

While you're allies are idiots when it comes to pumpable creatures (as in, they'll attack with them and NEVER pump them, even with 7 open mana and no cards in hand), there's enough burns to go around to keep the enemy's army neutralized and kill them off.

To each his own I guess. My friend couldn't get the burn decks to work out for them, so maybe I just got lucky on all those fights :P