PDA

View Full Version : Recovering My GT

Agent Aero
06-18-2011, 04:19 PM
So i'm at a friends for the weekend and forgot to bring my HDD. So i've managed to get onto a neighbors wireless connection and recover my GT. I am intending to play Knights Contract and i will earn some achievements for it. Now my problem is that i have to connect to XBL again before i get back to mine and recover it, otherwise i'll lose the achievements.

The neighbors wi-fi keeps slipping in and out of range so it's not very reliable, so if i do the following steps will i be able to recover my gamertag safely and with the achievements i earned whilst offline?

Recover my GT and move it to a usb stick and create a new save game on Knights Contract on the usb stick.
Play game and earn achievements
Take the usb home with me, and connect to XBL on my 360 (Thus saving the achievements)
Restart 360 and then recover my GT to my HDD and move the saves from the usb to my HDD.

Hope i explained it well enough.
Thanks in advance

Starstrukk X360A
06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
If you have a USB stick, why don't you just put your gamertag on there and just move that profile to your own 360 when you get back?

Agent Aero
06-18-2011, 04:34 PM
If you have a USB stick, why don't you just put your gamertag on there and just move that profile to your own 360 when you get back?

I did that before, and i was able to play games, but the achievements didn't save. As you need to 'recover it back', in a sense.

gamerguy69
06-18-2011, 04:37 PM
When you put the USB stick onto your 360 there is no need to Recover Gamertag -- YOU WON'T NEED TO RECOVER GAMERTAG!

Upon powering on, your Xbox will show you the list of profiles you have on that console. In my case I have my profile on a USB but there are others still on the HDD.

It list each with their own sign-in avatar blade. Most have HDD but the one on the USB has MU -- as in Memory Unit. You can sign-in from the USB and it should update when it connects to XBL.

afterwards,

Just MOVE the profile from the USB (MU) to the HDD -- then move the game save.

Agent Aero
06-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I did that before, and i was able to play games, but the achievements didn't save. As you need to 'recover it back', in a sense.

When you put the USB stick onto your 360 there is no need to Recover Gamertag -- YOU WON'T NEED TO RECOVER GAMERTAG!

Upon powering on, your Xbox will show you the list of profiles you have on that console. In my case I have my profile on a USB but there are others still on the HDD.

It list each with their own sign-in avatar blade. Most have HDD but the one on the USB has MU -- as in Memory Unit.

You WON'T need to REcover Gamertag. Just MOVE it from the USB (MU) to the HDD.

I hope you're sure :p

Just to add to my previous post - This was before usb's could function with 360's, and i was using a HDD. So that could be where the problem was.

Worhammer
06-19-2011, 02:40 AM
I hope you're sure :p

Just to add to my previous post - This was before usb's could function with 360's, and i was using a HDD. So that could be where the problem was.
Yeah dude, I play over at friends houses all the time. Never had any issues with not getting achievements, I keep mine on a USB stick always. If I'm headed to a friend's house, I just pull it out (ha ha!) and go.