PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question (Karma-Related)

Ice Car
06-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I've gotten all the good karma level achievements already, and I'm trying to get the bad and neutral karma cheevos. I'm at level 7, good karma, and am about to turn in Blood Ties after I lower my karma. I'll save before doing the deeds.

So what I'm asking is: Are there any owned terminals I can use to lower my karma available early in the game, with little or no risk of being caught and thus complicating things? Does the terminal trick even work anymore? What about the stealing items trick, where you just keep putting items back in and "stealing it back" for more bad karma?

I don't have many locations unlocked as this is a quick run-through and I know a lot about the game already to only do exploration of necessary places.

In short, are there any convenient owned terminals to lower karma on for early levels? Does the trick still even work after various patches?

Note I have been doing only good-karma deeds the whole playthrough so I'm probably at 1,000 Karma or close to it. And no, I'm not blowing up Megaton, and it's not like it's possible after I disarmed the bomb first thing upon arriving.

Oh, and lastly, to be neutral, do you have to be at EXACTLY 0 Karma, and to be Evil do you have to reach the "Very Evil" status?

guillermo316
06-19-2011, 12:12 AM
You drop karma easier than you think, its not going to take you a long period of time. What i did was steal all the liquor from the tenpeny tower and killed all its residents.

Nei Debrusc
06-19-2011, 01:27 AM
If you go into Moriarty's Saloon, there's a terminal in his office that you can access. He owns it, but if it's during the day, he's usually out of his office. You just walk in, close the door, hit "Sneak" to make sure you're hidden, and no one will ever bother you until Moriarty himself goes to sleep.

Another way is to lower the difficulty to Very Easy, go into Rivet City Market, and steal everything. There's lots to steal, the guards can't really hurt you, and if you have a companion, they'll take the guards out while you steal. Obviously, save before doing this.

For Neutral, I think the range is -200 to 200, so you don't have to be exactly 0. For the Evil, you just have to be "Evil" or "Very Evil," which I think is -201 and downward. Good luck, getting the evil achievements after being Very Good can take awhile.

Stewie Griffin2
06-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Go into the Brass Lantern in Megaton, it's the building that Jenny Stahl (the food vendor) is always leaning against right next to the bomb. The terminal in there is owned and nobody ever goes in there during the day. Go in there and enter then exit over and over (don't actually hack it) until you're to neutral/evil.

ZebraMuffinX
06-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Easy ways to gain/lose karma.

Gain: Donate large amounts of money to the church in Rivet City.

Lose: Reverse pick pocket (That's right, putting items in a persons pocket counts as pickpocketing) Continue to access someones terminal, but exit out and don't hack it, or obviously, kill people.