PDA

View Full Version : Texas Heat is FAIL

ScReEmFaCe
06-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Seriously the AI cheats like unbelievably. THey'll go in with shit pocket cards and come out with a flush or a full house. Can't wait to get my 5 millions chip cheevo and NEVER play texas heat again.

Sorry to bitch but this game seriously sucks when you can lose with winning cards so consistently just because teh AI will call ANYTHING with shit cards and get lucky on the turn or river almost every time!

I like the rest of this game fine but Texas Heat is SO broken.

/rant

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-19-2011, 04:48 AM
yeah AI is definitely REALLY REALLY lucky

although I never used to get into games with a substantial amount of people, now I am getting a full lobby it seems

Drunken Deity
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
While I would love to agree (I myself have seen unbelievably lucky hands), by law you cannot have simulated gambling games that don't mimic real-world odds. In other words, if there is a 1 in 52 chance of a card coming up if it were a real deck of cards, then the simulated gambling game must have the same "random" odds (no computer program is actually random, but it's close enough). That doesn't just go for poker, it goes for roulette and any dice game. I think the only exception would probably be slot machines.

ScReEmFaCe
06-21-2011, 04:39 AM
THe problem isn't with the odds its that the computer doesn't bet anything liek what a normal person would, they see a pair and bet it even though its a pair of 2's and end up getting a three of a kind or full house out of it. No one in their right mind would bet that way so they computer gets rewarded for being reckless, or so it would seem. They just have more faith in the numbers than the human player does.

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-21-2011, 05:13 AM
THe problem isn't with the odds its that the computer doesn't bet anything liek what a normal person would, they see a pair and bet it even though its a pair of 2's and end up getting a three of a kind or full house out of it. No one in their right mind would bet that way so they computer gets rewarded for being reckless, or so it would seem. They just have more faith in the numbers than the human player does.

yeah thats true they bet hard even when they have one face card

but now im getting mad with the actual people playing, especially on the triple diamond...there is always one guy who bets ridiculously high before the flop every time....

WonderCaliban
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
but now im getting mad with the actual people playing, especially on the triple diamond...there is always one guy who bets ridiculously high before the flop every time....

That's not as common as the people who let the time run down to almost nothing every time it's their turn. Over an entire match it wastes 2-3 minutes per person who does it.

They allow you to preload your decisions, it should only take 1-2 seconds per player!