PDA

View Full Version : I can't add microsoft points to my account. Please help!

BluWolve
06-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I have had this problem for nearly a month now and i am just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue, and also if anyone had any suggestions to fix it?

last month i couldnt buy points with my card.

i called MS support and they blamed my bank.

i called my bank and they said no purchase had even be attempted.

i called back MS support and they told me to wait 24 hours and try again.

24 hours it still didnt work so i called MS support and they said someone would call back.

24 hours later no one had called so i called MS support and they told me they would call back within 72 hours.

no one called back after 72 hours so i called again and was told to try another card.

i dont have another card so they suggested buying a prepaid card.

i didnt want to pay the extra money for a prepaid card (its much cheaper to buy points directly online) so i left them with it and asked them to call when they figured out what was wrong.

i never heard back.

this month i changed banks, and got a new card.

same thing is happening.

called MS support and they still have not worked out what is wrong, said they would call me back.

still waiting.....

the funny thing is, even though it says my card cannot be authorised, when i check my details to make sure they are all correct, (which they are) they charge a pre-authorisation fee of $2. they have taken four seperate $2 "pre-authorisation charges" without any trouble. 3 on the last card and 1 on the new one. i know i get that money back, but if they can take that why cant they take money for points? i have tried purchasing through xbox.com and my console, even through zune, but still nothing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: This has been going on for two months now.

After calling back, I was told that my case was going to be closed because no one had figured out what was wrong. A case of too bad so sad.

The manager on duty said that the only solutions he could offer me were to buy a prepaid card or create another account. Since these options are not actual solutions to my problem I refused to allow them to close the case and will be taking further action which I will not discuss here.

master_shake_350
06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
too long to quote

I see your in Australia, what is the locale setting of your xbl account? If its not Australia there is your problem. MS doesn't like you using other country's credit cards. But this is only if this is the case.

BluWolve
06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I see your in Australia, what is the locale setting of your xbl account? If its not Australia there is your problem. MS doesn't like you using other country's credit cards. But this is only if this is the case.
yes thanks mate. my locale is set to Australia, and all my other details are the same as whats on my card aswell. i have checked on xbox.com, microsoft billing and my xbox console.

BluWolve
05-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Alright so finally I have fixed this issue and am now able to buy MS points again! I still can not use paypal as a payment method but I can add a card so that is fine.

All I did was change my billing contact email on xbox.com to a new email, different than my WLID that is tied to my gamertag, and now it works fine.

HellspawnRei
05-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Alright so finally I have fixed this issue and am now able to buy MS points again! I still can not use paypal as a payment method but I can add a card so that is fine.

All I did was change my billing contact email on xbox.com to a new email, different than my WLID that is tied to my gamertag, and now it works fine.

I used to have big issues too with my credit card that lasted a long time.
Best thing to do BlueWolf is to buy cards from play.com,(or a same site for Australia)if you can wait the mail that is.Price is better than Microsoft sells.

BluWolve
05-17-2012, 02:52 AM
I used to have big issues too with my credit card that lasted a long time.
Best thing to do BlueWolf is to buy cards from play.com,(or a same site for Australia)if you can wait the mail that is.Price is better than Microsoft sells.
That is what I was doing, buying them online. I am not sure about elswhere but in Australia the cheapest way to get points is through xbox.com or through the actual xbox console. It is also much more convenient. After everything it is fixed now so hopefully all the crap I had to go through helps someone else.

Wildmn34
05-17-2012, 03:05 AM

Umm... err... glad I could help! :Bounce:

iBuzz7S
05-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Ha, they pay people to help and all they could do was ignore your issue because they couldn't figure it out without raising the issue?

Do you still have the event number? If you did, call them back and tell them how to fix the problem. :p

EnterTheFray
05-19-2012, 10:40 AM
That is what I was doing, buying them online. I am not sure about elswhere but in Australia the cheapest way to get points is through xbox.com or through the actual xbox console. It is also much more convenient. After everything it is fixed now so hopefully all the crap I had to go through helps someone else.

Little off topic but glad your problem is solved.. Where do you buy your MS Cards? I'm Australian as well and have no Credit Card so usually just go to the shops but didn't know it was cheaper to do it online.

and Play.com , will those games work if on Australian (PAL) xboxs?

gatorD
05-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe ebay http://goo.gl/Cw7J2