PDA

View Full Version : 360 Slim Power Supply Unit Vibrating?

Stufin135
06-19-2011, 03:51 PM
So basically my Power Pack/Plug/Big-ass-mother-fucker-brick-thing keeps vibrating when I turn it on. It hasn't affected anything really, is just confusing the hell out of me. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue? For the xbox 360 Slim and yes I've tried Googleing and searching here with no results. But to be fair I don't know what I'm searching for.

By Power Supply Unit I mean this big brick thing:
https://www.pathogentechnology.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/s360pwrunit.jpg

spyder2g
06-19-2011, 04:06 PM
There really isn't anything in there that should make the damn thing vibrate. That's some scary shit and if it really is vibrating when you plug it in DO NOT USE IT!! Best case it will simply melt worst case it will explode :eek: and that would suck. Are you sure it's not like a subwoofer kicking on when you power on you Xbox making it vibrate? If you are sure it's the brick please get a new one!

TERMINATOR 2452
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
i had a problem like that on a non slim it turned out to be the fan inside the power supply.

Stufin135
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
There really isn't anything in there that should make the damn thing vibrate. That's some scary shit and if it really is vibrating when you plug it in DO NOT USE IT!! Best case it will simply melt worst case it will explode :eek: and that would suck. Are you sure it's not like a subwoofer kicking on when you power on you Xbox making it vibrate? If you are sure it's the brick please get a new one!
Sure it's the power supply, when I pick it up it's just vibrating in my hands :p. Very weird.
i had a problem like that on a non slim it turned out to be the fan inside the power supply.
Ahhh I was thinking it's a fan thing, maybe I have it on to often and it's trying to cool itself down?

mjc0961
06-19-2011, 05:54 PM
So basically my Power Pack/Plug/Big-ass-mother-fucker-brick-thing keeps vibrating when I turn it on.

Haha, from now on all external power supplies should be called "big-ass-mother-fucker-brick-things". :D

But yeah, my first thought was a fan as well. But still, the suggestion of not using it is probably a good one. Maybe the fan just doesn't keep it cool enough and it overheats. Or maybe it does explode. Either way, you probably want to call up Microsoft support and see what your options are for getting a new one.

Stufin135
06-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Well it's not doing it at the moment which sounds like a good thing, it only seems to happen on start up for the few minutes then it stops.

Maybe I will call up MS for a replacement big-ass-mother-fucker-brick-thing then.

ZedChuva
06-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Well it's not doing it at the moment which sounds like a good thing, it only seems to happen on start up for the few minutes then it stops.

Maybe I will call up MS for a replacement big-ass-mother-fucker-brick-thing then.

Don't forget to ask for it by that name. :p