PDA

View Full Version : Pace

Warfighter1000
06-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Let me start off saying this thread is opionated. And by that I mean I made this to hear other peoples point of view. I was wondering what people want in BF3 as far as pace goes. Because I thought BFBC2 was a great game but, it was too slow. What did you think about the pace? And i'm hoping that BF3 will have a faster pace because the mechanics of BFCB2 were awesome it was just too slow but, I love how medics could revive and assaults could give ammo and all that good stuff. So do you want BF3 to have a faster pace? Or do you want it too be slower like BFBC2? Or do you not care about pace?

Eazynem Makaveli
06-19-2011, 04:45 PM
i want to see Battlefield 3 have a Team deathmatch mode also Search and Destroy and Free-For-All modes. i would like the online to be a fast paced gameplay and to have a running COD style it is ridiculous having to run, stops, turns, runs, stops, turns etc. i would like to see Killstreak rewards, perks, weapons and guns unlocking and weapons and guns challenges then i would play Battlefield 3 more than MW3 for many months of good time spent online. Do you agree?

EDIT: Killstreak rewards

Outline
06-19-2011, 05:03 PM
i want to see Battlefield 3 have a Team deathmatch mode also Search and Destroy and Free-For-All modes. i would like the online to be a fast paced gameplay and to have a running COD style it is ridiculous having to run, stops, turns, runs, stops, turns etc. i would like to see perks, weapons and guns unlocking and weapons and guns challenges then i would play Battlefield 3 more than MW3 for many months of good time spent online. Do you agree?

You sound like you just want to play MW3 regardless.

Eazynem Makaveli
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
It would be nice if Battlefield 3 get some what MW2 does have. If Battlefield 3 don't get what i expect it to have (like a Team deathmatch mode that's all i care) then it's not worth playing the game for months.

Sgt Hartman 87
06-19-2011, 06:43 PM
It would be nice if Battlefield 3 get some what MW2 does have.

COMPLETELY disagree. I love the pace of BF, i dont like the arcadish run n gun style of CoD.

Tatanko
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
So does the OP ;)
It would be nice if Battlefield 3 get some what MW2 does have. If Battlefield 3 don't get what i expect it to have (like a Team deathmatch mode that's all i care) then it's not worth playing the game for months.
Then I think you're going to be disappointed. I think what the OP is referring to as "pace" is a result of the map sizes. With COD, even if you're spawned clear on the other side of the map from where you died, you will see someone from the other team in seconds most likely. With Battlefield, which is more like a real life scenario, you're spaced out a little more (particularly when you die and respawn). It's just two different styles of gameplay, and you have to either learn to love both or stick to the one you like.

Warfighter1000
06-19-2011, 06:55 PM
No I don't want more COD style. And when you say ''realistic'' Battlefield is not realistic no game is. If a game actually was realistic it wouldn't be fun. And in a real war there's alot of fighting not like BFBC2 where you can walk around for 10 min. and not find anybody. And search and destroy? You have to be kidding me! When a new game releases I want NEW modes! Not how most games release with the same old deathmatch. And back to the point I want faster pace NOT cod. Because if there's no action it just isn't fun. And in BFBC2 when you defend it's like there's no one on the other team because no one ever attacks!

Tatanko
06-19-2011, 07:29 PM
No I don't want more COD style. And when you say ''realistic'' Battlefield is not realistic no game is. If a game actually was realistic it wouldn't be fun. And in a real war there's alot of fighting not like BFBC2 where you can walk around for 10 min. and not find anybody. And search and destroy? You have to be kidding me! When a new game releases I want NEW modes! Not how most games release with the same old deathmatch. And back to the point I want faster pace NOT cod. Because if there's no action it just isn't fun. And in BFBC2 when you defend it's like there's no one on the other team because no one ever attacks!
The only person that used the word realistic in this thread was you. I also think you're playing a different game than me, because most matches that I play on BC2 are pretty action-packed with the exception of rare moments when lobbies are far from full.

Vegaskingz
06-19-2011, 09:02 PM
i want to see Battlefield 3 have a Team deathmatch mode also Search and Destroy and Free-For-All modes. i would like the online to be a fast paced gameplay and to have a running COD style it is ridiculous having to run, stops, turns, runs, stops, turns etc. i would like to see perks, weapons and guns unlocking and weapons and guns challenges then i would play Battlefield 3 more than MW3 for many months of good time spent online. Do you agree?

The thing is chap, battlefield 3 is NOT that kind of game. The modes in battlefield games require you to work together as a team, hence the squad system and differing classes. Free-For-All isnt what this game is designed for. In terms of search and destroy, Rush would have to be the closest game mode to this. But in saying that, the only similarity between that and SnD would have to be destroying objectives and 'limited' respawns.

There are perks in Bad Company 2, I would expect there to be in BF3 as well. The same goes for unlocking and weapon challenges as well.

Warfighter1000
06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Well when I played it was always slow and filled with teams of recons sitting in the back of their spawns.

Vegaskingz
06-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Well when I played it was always slow and filled with teams of recons sitting in the back of their spawns.

wow okay, I played it last night and there was little to no recon snipers on the enemy team.. it was primarily engineers and tanks.

Eazynem Makaveli
06-19-2011, 10:01 PM
The thing is chap, battlefield 3 is NOT that kind of game. The modes in battlefield games require you to work together as a team, hence the squad system and differing classes. Free-For-All isnt what this game is designed for. In terms of search and destroy, Rush would have to be the closest game mode to this. But in saying that, the only similarity between that and SnD would have to be destroying objectives and 'limited' respawns.

There are perks in Bad Company 2, I would expect there to be in BF3 as well. The same goes for unlocking and weapon challenges as well.
Ah no we prefer running and shooting not sticking together only if we have to at some point tho. Also I was talking about the stuff from MW2 not from BFBC2 my friend.

OceanH
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
... And in a real war there's alot of fighting not like BFBC2 where you can walk around for 10 min. and not find anybody...

You have no idea what real war is, kid.

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 03:04 AM
You have no idea what real war is, kid.

You don't know me so don't call me kid alright. For all you know I could be 8 or 80. So why don't we talk about the topic if that's okay with you? And yeah i've never fought a war but, I have read many books watched tons of documentaries and talked to people who have been. And I highly doubt that you know anyhing about war. I mean your most likely some nerd, I mean your on an achievement website! I know i'm on here too but, I'm on here because it's sunday and I like to complete games. So before you go on yelling your ignorant rhetoric that you have no facts to back up I suggest you stay on topic.

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Ah no we prefer running and shooting not sticking together only if we have to at some point tho. Also I was talking about the stuff from MW2 not from BFBC2 my friend.

When you say ''we'' that is incorrect, because you can only speak for yourself. I like to run and gun but, I like being with teamates too.

OceanH
06-20-2011, 03:16 AM
You don't know me so don't call me kid alright. For all you know I could be 8 or 80. So why don't we talk about the topic if that's okay with you? And yeah i've never fought a war but, I have read many books watched tons of documentaries and talked to people who have been. And I highly doubt that you know anyhing about war. I mean your most likely some nerd, I mean your on an achievement website! I know i'm on here too but, I'm on here because it's sunday and I like to complete games. So before you go on yelling your ignorant rhetoric that you have no facts to back up I suggest you stay on topic.

You have no idea what you're talking about when you said that war is constant fighting instead of walking around and finding nobody. You definitely didn't watched the right documentaries but only the parts where they fight. Might wanna watch HBO's The Battle of Marjah (Biggest offensive in Afghanistan) from beginning to end or Generation Kill (recount of Iraq's invasion) and tell me and tell me if there's constant fighting that lasted more than a couple of minutes. Your writing is really poor: you're definitely either a kid or you're dumb.

Back to topic? Battlefield is about the pace of teamwork, not solo run and gun. And real life warfare is all about teamwork. You might want to actually visit the US military websites (US Army, US Marines, US Navy) where teamwork is always in the agenda as the core and foundation of a true functional military team.

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 03:24 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about when you said that war is constant fighting instead of walking around and finding nobody. You definitely didn't watched the right documentaries but only the parts where they fight. Might wanna watch HBO's The Battle of Marjah (Biggest offensive in Afghanistan) from beginning to end or Generation Kill (recount of Iraq's invasion) and tell me and tell me if there's constant fighting that lasted more than a couple of minutes. Your writing is really poor: you're definitely either a kid or you're dumb.

I didn't say constant fighting if you would have actually read what I wrote I said ''there is alot of fighting'' not ''constant fighting''. And you must be the dumb one my friend as I take journalism and political science and am often praised for my writing. If I left out a comma or two please forgive me your magesty. :( And do you really take HBO for accurate war footage?

And what did I say about teamwork? I love teamwork, but I like to shoot while i'm with my teamates. By run and gun I meant I like action, not boring camp sniper fests.

Oh, but I shouldn't be arguing with a genius like you. You've seen HBO specials now you're a war historian!

OceanH
06-20-2011, 03:39 AM
I didn't say constant fighting if you would have actually read what I wrote I said ''there is alot of fighting'' not ''constant fighting''. And you must be the dumb one my friend as I take journalism and political science and am often praised for my writing. If I left out a comma or two please forgive me your magesty. :( And do you really take HBO for accurate war footage?

And what did I say about teamwork? I love teamwork, but I like to shoot while i'm with my teamates. By run and gun I meant I like action, not boring camp sniper fests.

Obviously not fully accurate but better than others. As someone who also went to college, we know that one or a few sources is not good enough.

If you've actually played a lot of BFBC2 multiplayer matches, not everybody is a sniper. Might have a couple of them but the game is still fun with lots of action. At least it's not as bad as CoD where everyone turns egoistic.

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Obviously not fully accurate but better than others. As someone who also went to college, we know that one or a few sources is not good enough.

If you've actually played a lot of BFBC2 multiplayer matches, not everybody is a sniper. Might have a couple of them but the game is still fun with lots of action. At least it's not as bad as CoD where everyone turns egoistic.

And yes, I have played a few BFBC2 multiplayer matches. And it was slow. That's my OPINION get that through your head! And please quit taking me out of context and twisting my words, it just makes me have to re-explain my self again in greater detail.

IDawsonx
06-20-2011, 03:52 AM
i never like 2 because of the slowness and i bet 3 will be the same

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 03:55 AM
i never like 2 because of the slowness and i bet 3 will be the same

Thank you! And by 2 do you mean Battlefield 2 or Bad company 2?

Eazynem Makaveli
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
When you say ''we'' that is incorrect, because you can only speak for yourself. I like to run and gun but, I like being with teamates too.
I know but there are people like me who likes to run and gun so I thought I'd mention We.

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I know but there are people like me who likes to run and gun so I thought I'd mention We.

Yeah, i'm one of those people too. But, i'm also a team player.

Vegaskingz
06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
After once again playing Bad Company 2 last night, I fail to see the phenomena which you pointed out. Playing rush on Arica Harbour was so much fun, there was constant action all the time. Not once did I "walk around for 10 min. and not find anybody". :/

Warfighter1000
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
After once again playing Bad Company 2 last night, I fail to see the phenomena which you pointed out. Playing rush on Arica Harbour was so much fun, there was constant action all the time. Not once did I "walk around for 10 min. and not find anybody". :/

Well i'm glad for you.

MediumMelanin
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
You're crazy, you must be a CoD player, go recon and use 4x scope and run and gun, help the team, not be back a mile away and use 12x! That's a fail. You proably suck op. BFBC2's pace was perfect. Battlefield 3 can only be miles better!

seahn
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
im just goin to throw my opinion out there, i dont really want to go into any debate...

in my opinion, as far as military shooters go, you have to have 3 things, team work, cover, and an objective other than, kill as many people as you can (though a supported mode for just kill people can be a fun change of pace, hey, back on subject, haha) and not to get into a debate over CoD vs battlefield, but a comparison i like to use (for those familiar with skateboarding games) battlefield is to CoD, as skate is to the tony hawk series, meaning skate is a pretty good translation of real life skate boarding, with a mechanic that makes the expreince enjoyable and realistic, without compromising good gameplay, whereas for CoD (current series) its more of an arcadey type shooter (like tony hawk is for skateboarding)... now, to give you an idea as to what i can actually be opinionated about, i have played every CoD game for more than i would like to admit (though CoD 2 and 3 i played, i didnt play online until after CoD 4) and i have played both BF: BCs online for more hours than i would like to admit, i played BF2: MC xbox port, but not so much the online, and i have played BF: P4F, and i was lucky enough to play the BF3 alpha (edit: BF: 1943)...

as far as pace goes for BF3, i only had one map to be able to judge on, but the pacing seemed very balanced, and i think one of the main contributing factor was the new class builds, and their corresponding abilities always giving you a job to do, which to me, if you are doing the job your class is built to do, you will never have a dull moment...

and not to dog on the casual gamer, nor the CoD series (as i am a fan), but the battlefield series requires alot more dedication of time, which i think may be a turn off for the "casual gamer", as they dont have the time to spend like the "hardcore gamers" do (i hate labeling "gamers" i dont know why). i believe the "casual gamers" prefer to jump in a game, and have their work pay off immediately (a good example would be killstreaks) where battlefield actually makes your work for your specific class, and build on their attributes, and work towards ribbons, rewards that in some cases add to you abilities/weapons, and some times it just adds to your bragging rights. i also think there is alot more to achieve in the battlefield series that actually has some kind of meaning and purpose. in the CoD series you have prestiging, which is really just a mechanic to create and underlining goal/incentive for the player to keep playing, working towards that next rank/next prestige, where battlefield, in most cases, has you working towards honing your skills in a certain class, with certain weapons and abilities, and in most cases, unlocks useful rewards for all that hard work...

im going to go ahead and stop there, as i doubt anyone has read even half of this post, and if you have a do appreciate it, and i hope i was easy to follow, and i apologize if i wasn't...

Grey Delta
08-07-2011, 10:02 AM
It's a simple case of people wanting gameplay more akin to CoD (fast paced, quick respawns, sprint into battle straight away again) in Battlefield and it's just not going to happen. If you want that gameplay, then play CoD. If you want tactical squad/class based objective-type gameplay, play Battlefield.

Pick whichever game style appeals to you & play it because there will be no middle ground here.

Tatanko
08-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Pick whichever game style appeals to you & play it because there will be no middle ground here.
Well put, sir :)

DEG23
08-08-2011, 01:34 AM
No offense to the OP but in your first post you talk about wanting to see peoples opinions but it seems like you want people to agree with you and then flame anyone you voices an opinion that goes against yours.

It was a similar story with your 'prone' thread.

My opinion is that the BF series has a pace of it's own as all games do. If you don't like it, don't play it, simple as that as you are only going to become frustrated.

And to the discussion of realistic war and it's portrayal in HBO mini series, it differs for each individual, if anyone wants to experience war for themselves then i suggest you find your nearest recruiting office and truly experience war, just don't expect to relive the experince in video games when you get home.

rc deaths agent
08-08-2011, 05:59 AM
It's a simple case of people wanting gameplay more akin to CoD (fast paced, quick respawns, sprint into battle straight away again) in Battlefield and it's just not going to happen. If you want that gameplay, then play CoD. If you want tactical squad/class based objective-type gameplay, play Battlefield.

This...And the pacing in BC2 is perfect imo. I hope they don't change it much. More customization and ways to earn points is always good but don't touch the core gameplay please.