PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. 3 part of Toys R US 2 for $50 sale

litepink
06-19-2011, 09:02 PM
2nd Update: I went in-store today to do this deal again, and they claim the deal was a mistake, and it should be "Buy Two games get a $50 gift card" :rolleyes: They made an exception for me because I gave them a sob story, but it looks like this deal has been NERFED

------------
Looking to get Fear 3 Tuesday? Well this and 5 other games are part of a 2 for $50 sale at Toys R Us. [UPDATE: THE DEAL IS NO LONGER ACTIVE ONLINE AS OF MONDAY AFTERNOON. I bought Brink and Blops yesterday in-store, and others proclaim the in-store deal lasts until Saturday]

The 6 games include:
FEAR 3 (avail Tues)
LA Noire
Brink
Portal 2
Mortal Kombat
Call of Duty: Black Ops

I think it's nuts that you can get a New Release and one other popular recent release for less than the MSRP of one game.

Jagermeister TX
06-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Great find. Amazing deal!

Lone Soldier x7
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice find! I'm going to get 2 of them and sell them on ebay!

institutions
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Looking to get Fear 3 Tuesday? Well this and 5 other games are part of a 2 for $50 sale at Toys R Us. The 6 games include:

FEAR 3 (avail Tues)
LA Noire
Brink
Portal 2
Mortal Kombat
Call of Duty: Black Ops

I think it's nuts that you can get a New Release and one other popular recent release for less than the MSRP of one game.

Fear 3 and LA Noire are literally the only games I care about on that list...
and I just ordered LA Noire a few hours ago from Amazon :(

rockhopper
06-20-2011, 12:15 AM
That's an insane deal! I already have all the games on that list except for Brink which I don't care about at all. I wasn't interested in buying Fear 3 (was going to rent it), but with this deal, I could potentially buy 2 copies of Fear 3, and go sell one that day on Craigslist for my money back and still have one left to play. Beat that real fast and trade it into Gamestop for $25-30 more.

litepink
06-20-2011, 02:07 AM
Yes, like some of you were thinking here, if FEAR 3 was the only game you planned on getting, get another copy and sell it/trade it in. The 2nd hand market for all these games will obviously take a hit, but I would think one copy of F3AR would get 30-40 profit on ebay, or could get 22-30 credit at gamestop.

x RadicalAura x
06-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Just ordered a 360 and PS3 version! I will return the PS3 version to Walmart (unopened) and get a gift card to get the next game I want!

smokevf
06-20-2011, 06:22 AM
How does that work it says 2 for 50 but you click details and says must buy 2 items. If you buy one will you get the other for free or how does that work

litepink
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
How does that work it says 2 for 50 but you click details and says must buy 2 items. If you buy one will you get the other for free or how does that work

Well, TRU.com seems to no longer have the deal, but the actual stores are still running this deal according to reports so the point is moot. All this discussion can be found on CAG: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297475&page=27 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297475&page=27)

ginuwine_import
06-22-2011, 09:33 AM
went to price match at best buy today. ended up picking up 2 copies of Fear 3 for 50$ (one for my friend). for ppl that are still interested, print out the ad and price match :)

blkalleykat
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
My toys r us said the deal s no longer active just the gift card one so I went to the walmart for a price match with the ad printed out and got this and la noire for the 2 for 50 deal