PDA

View Full Version : Am i Screwed?

2001ChevyZ71
06-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Ok guy's here is the dilemma. A good while ago(4-5 years) we had our DSL through Alltel. And i used our @alltel.com email address for my Xbox Live account. Then Windstream bought Alltel out and switched all the existing Alltel email accounts to @windstream.net. This completely screwed up my XBL account as you need to sign in with the correct email account, and that email account no longer exists. To make matters worse i do not know the password of my XBL account. Is there any way Xbox live can just reset all the stuff and give me a chance to associate my gamertag with a whole other new email account? I can provide all the info they want to verify it. I know this is an extremly long time to wait and try to resolve something. But i really would like to be able to access my acccount via xbox.com so i can see who all is online and stuff like that.

BluWolve
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Ok guy's here is the dilemma. A good while ago(4-5 years) we had our DSL through Alltel. And i used our @alltel.com email address for my Xbox Live account. Then Windstream bought Alltel out and switched all the existing Alltel email accounts to @windstream.net. This completely screwed up my XBL account as you need to sign in with the correct email account, and that email account no longer exists. To make matters worse i do not know the password of my XBL account. Is there any way Xbox live can just reset all the stuff and give me a chance to associate my gamertag with a whole other new email account? I can provide all the info they want to verify it. I know this is an extremly long time to wait and try to resolve something. But i really would like to be able to access my acccount via xbox.com so i can see who all is online and stuff like that.
hrmmm that is a tricky one mate! the best advice i can give you would be to give MS support a call, and explain your situation to them. they can mostly be quite helpful and should be able to sort you out. im sure you wouldnt be the first problem to have a similar problem. good luck, let me know how you went. and if you need anything else dont hesitate to ask.

EDIT: you said you dont know the password of your XBL account? it should be the same password you use for your email address.

Gamechamp
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd suggest your first step be to contact Windstream. Usually, they would make any e-mails sent to the old address forward to the new address; outright removing all the addresses without warning is a very irresponsible thing to do. Try to see if it's possible to access things sent to your old e-mail somehow.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to contact Xbox's customer support and see if there's anything they can do.

III Alec III
06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
First call Windstream and if you have no luck with them try contacting Microsoft Support to see what they can do. Something similar happened to my friend and the email provider was able to help.

CyberPunch83
06-20-2011, 03:12 AM
It might take longer to get through to an actual person, but your best bet would be to go to Microsoft directly. They can change your account details over to the new email you have, and that is most likely the most seamless way to fix your problem. I have a feeling a friend of mine might have a problem with that in a few months as well.

BluWolve
06-20-2011, 06:55 AM
It might take longer to get through to an actual person, but your best bet would be to go to Microsoft directly. They can change your account details over to the new email you have, and that is most likely the most seamless way to fix your problem. I have a feeling a friend of mine might have a problem with that in a few months as well.
exactly my thoughts. instead of calling your ISP and stuffing around trying to sort out and recover your old email, just call MS support like i first suggested and get your xbox live account linked to your new email. if you have all the required info and details they should be able to fix it up for you easily enough.

2001ChevyZ71
06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Ok thanks guy's I'll give that a try. Im just worried about getting someone on the line i cannot understand at all.

ACE 120200
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Keep us posted. I know this doesnt help but if you can change your email you should change it to a yahoo.com, or some email that is not connected to your provider. Just a suggestion man!!! Good luck.

BluWolve
06-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Ok thanks guy's I'll give that a try. Im just worried about getting someone on the line i cannot understand at all.

you should be alright, the people at MS support are usually pretty good at explaining things, big emphasis on the usually. as ace said, keep us posted and good luck

2001ChevyZ71
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I called ms customer support yesterday and got a real nice woman on the phone who told me my beef is with windows live. So she told me a process to go through to try and get a new one. The only problem is that it kept on telling me there was an error or something, so after 3 failed attempts i've given up on that option.

So then i sent an email to xbox customer support and this is what they said:

As I understand, you want to change the email address associated with your gamertag however the email address it is currently associated with does not exist anymore.

Regarding this concern, you need to contact our phone support at (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 between 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. PST. They can get access to your account and see if they can manually change the email address associated with your gamertag.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number xxxxxxxxx so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Is there anyone in the higher up that any of ya'll might know so i can call or email and get something done? All i want to do is switch the email associated with my GT and get a new password?

BluWolve
06-23-2011, 05:33 AM
I called ms customer support yesterday and got a real nice woman on the phone who told me my beef is with windows live. So she told me a process to go through to try and get a new one. The only problem is that it kept on telling me there was an error or something, so after 3 failed attempts i've given up on that option.

So then i sent an email to xbox customer support and this is what they said:

As I understand, you want to change the email address associated with your gamertag however the email address it is currently associated with does not exist anymore.

Regarding this concern, you need to contact our phone support at (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 between 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. PST. They can get access to your account and see if they can manually change the email address associated with your gamertag.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number xxxxxxxxx so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Is there anyone in the higher up that any of ya'll might know so i can call or email and get something done? All i want to do is switch the email associated with my GT and get a new password?
ok so my advice to this now would be to call MS support, and first thing you do is explain you have a service request number and give them that.

then they should be able to bring up the exact issue that you have and fix whatever they need to, in this case manually change your email associated with your gamertag.

if for some reason they tell you they cant do it, or if they give you the same story about going through the windows live process, ask to speak to a supervisor. they are usually more informed as of what to do in cases like these, and generally have more power to help you than your average support representative.

just remember to keep that service request number, because that is the exact file number regarding your specific problem, and will save you having to explain yourself over and over again to 20 different people.

ACE 120200
06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
ok so my advice to this now would be to call MS support, and first thing you do is explain you have a service request number and give them that.

then they should be able to bring up the exact issue that you have and fix whatever they need to, in this case manually change your email associated with your gamertag.

if for some reason they tell you they cant do it, or if they give you the same story about going through the windows live process, ask to speak to a supervisor. they are usually more informed as of what to do in cases like these, and generally have more power to help you than your average support representative.

just remember to keep that service request number, because that is the exact file number regarding your specific problem, and will save you having to explain yourself over and over again to 20 different people.

Totally agree with this direction, just want to add one thing, please no matter how frustrated you might get. Be nice to the people and they will continue to want to help you. Stay calm and this should work, plus it is the easiest way to get this resolved. Good Luck

ruby kavalier
06-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Totally agree with this direction, just want to add one thing, please no matter how frustrated you might get. Be nice to the people and they will continue to want to help you. Stay calm and this should work, plus it is the easiest way to get this resolved. Good Luck

Definitely agree with this one. As someone who used to work in phone customer service, the reps will usually go the extra mile for you if you can remain calm, patient, and remember to say please and thank you. Getting irritated or surly only makes them feel the same.

BluWolve
06-25-2011, 03:59 AM

Definitely agree with this one. As someone who used to work in phone customer service, the reps will usually go the extra mile for you if you can remain calm, patient, and remember to say please and thank you. Getting irritated or surly only makes them feel the same.

yes sorry i should have mentioned to stay calm, i just thought it goes without saying. but that is probably just for me as i spend alot of time on the phone discussing technical problems with people.

remember they have the tools and power you need to fix the problem, and if you get frustrated and rude you will probably just be hung up on. not to say you would be rude, but you would be amazed at how many people take their frustration out on the very people that are trying to help them.

2001ChevyZ71
07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Ok guys looks like i am screwed. I keep on getting told the same fucking thing and it doesnt ever work then i was told to contact windows live people and the xbox support guy gave me a line of bull shit that the phone number was secret or something "let me contact my supervisor first to see if i can give you the phone number". So i called them and i get a pakistani woman who says im at the wrong place. SMDH, doesnt look like i'll ever be in control of the gamertag/GS i've worked 5 years for

Does anyone know anyone high up in MS that i can get in touch with to get this problem solved?

quiksilver723
07-22-2011, 03:43 PM
just seems there should be a way of simply getting this done. Just outta curiosity have you called up your ISP and see if there's a way they can restore the old email? It may be a long shot because who knows how the servers and all are set up since the merger/purchase. But at least that way maybe you can reset your password thru Live and and then change both email and password so as to not run into this again.

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-23-2011, 04:07 AM
For "proof" of account if you have any pre-paid code cards that you added to account xbox can track that and see you added it to your account.

But I'd call xbox support, or if u have twitter; tweet them (they respond quite fast) .. but idk if u can explain it in under 140 chara lol

kaseywc98
07-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Hmmm... Something like that happened to me. I deleted my password to change my account (because I forgot my password). It still wants my password. Which is gone.

2001ChevyZ71
07-23-2011, 04:11 PM
i sent an email to bill gates appealing to him for help. I might try major nelson next. All i need them to do is go in erase the email on there now put in a new one and give me a new account password. I can provide all the info they need like credit card number and i just re did live with a 12 month card

Lemonlimes249
07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Call MS and ask them what to do. They will probably ask you what you want the new e-mail to be.

Maka
07-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Transfer it to a new email address using 1-800-4MY-XBOX. As long as you know the account information to verify your identity, you should have to problem.

2001ChevyZ71
07-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Call MS and ask them what to do. They will probably ask you what you want the new e-mail to be.
I did that and they keep telling me to go through some process on windows live that never works

Transfer it to a new email address using 1-800-4MY-XBOX. As long as you know the account information to verify your identity, you should have to problem.

I wish it were that easy, but it seems like none of the reps want to handle my problem they just keep pushing me off to try a method that doesn't work

I'll call and try again latter, but im doubtful it will work

Lemonlimes249
07-25-2011, 05:28 PM
I did that and they keep telling me to go through some process on windows live that never works

I wish it were that easy, but it seems like none of the reps want to handle my problem they just keep pushing me off to try a method that doesn't work

I'll call and try again latter, but im doubtful it will work

Aw well that's what my friend did. Sorry I don't knowwhat else to do :(

yosambo
07-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this insane bullshit. I know what it's like to call MS and get jerked around with "troubleshooting" and "easy steps". I would wait until I have a free day, then I would start calling at 8AM and just bomb the fuck out of them all day. Don't hang up, stay on there until they hang up on you. Then when you call back, tell the next person they hung up on you and request to speak to a supervisor over and over. If a supervisor doesn't help ask to talk to their supervisor. I'm pretty sure Bill Gates and Major Nelson aren't going to help, but you can definitely chew some ass and have some fun doing it.

Philanthropy
07-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Im pretty sure you can change your email from your xbox now right? In account management? Correct me if i'm wrong though.

2001ChevyZ71
07-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Aw well that's what my friend did. Sorry I don't knowwhat else to do :( It's all good man, every suggestion helps

Wow, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this insane bullshit. I know what it's like to call MS and get jerked around with "troubleshooting" and "easy steps". I would wait until I have a free day, then I would start calling at 8AM and just bomb the fuck out of them all day. Don't hang up, stay on there until they hang up on you. Then when you call back, tell the next person they hung up on you and request to speak to a supervisor over and over. If a supervisor doesn't help ask to talk to their supervisor. I'm pretty sure Bill Gates and Major Nelson aren't going to help, but you can definitely chew some ass and have some fun doing it.I might do that if push comes to shove and i know it wont ever get fixed, but i think emailing Bill Gates might have worked a little because i got an email from an XBL customer service rep that has their name and extension number to call, so i'll give that a try tomorrow if im not working.

Im pretty sure you can change your email from your xbox now right? In account management? Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Nope, the problem is i don't know the password for my XBL account and i can't access the email associated with it even if i knew the password(which i don't)

SavannasauR
07-26-2011, 01:44 AM
you're best best is probably to call xbox live customer support and talk to them about it

2001ChevyZ71
07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Good news!!!! I think emailing Bill got their attention, i got off the phone with a guy at corporate in redmond(he had his own extension number and everything) and i gave him all the info and he is going to call me back tomorrow!!! I think i might finally have my account under my control in the next few days!

Coorhagon
07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I had the exact same problem and it took two years to resolve. Xbox live support and Microsoft support online and over the phone did not work. What I eventually did was submit a written complaint on the BBB (Better business Bureau) website. 3 days after I submitted the complaint, Wade from Microsoft Xbox corporate headquarters called me and we changed my e-mail address within 15 min(using my credit card that is under my name that was used to purchase live and points to verify my ownership over the system). Also my system was past warranty so the xbox rep kindly gave me a one year full coverage extension.

2001ChevyZ71
07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I had the exact same problem and it took two years to resolve. Xbox live support and Microsoft support online and over the phone did not work. What I eventually did was submit a written complaint on the BBB (Better business Bureau) website. 3 days after I submitted the complaint, Wade from Microsoft Xbox corporate headquarters called me and we changed my e-mail address within 15 min(using my credit card that is under my name that was used to purchase live and points to verify my ownership over the system). Also my system was past warranty so the xbox rep kindly gave me a one year full coverage extension.did you ask for the one year extension or did he offer it?

2001ChevyZ71
07-28-2011, 10:52 PM
You have NO CLUE what an awesome feeling it was to be able to sign into my account and see my avater on my computer screen for the first the time in five years. Im having a little trouble switching over to a different email but i am able to sign in thanks to a new password!

Coorhagon
07-29-2011, 02:53 PM
did you ask for the one year extension or did he offer it?

He offered it

2001ChevyZ71
08-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Alright guys this is my last and final post for this topic. The final update is that everything is working fine. It took a about 2 weeks to get everything checked and validated and then we had some more trouble. But Sebastian at MS came through and I'm in full control of my account and got the email changed to the one i want!!! So all is good!!!!

Juksey
08-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I also had the same problem quite a while ago, what happened to me was my dad phoned up our service provider threatening to cancel as they were not giving us what we were paying for. We were paying for like 16mb at the time and were getting less than 1mb hence the phonecall. A stupid women on the other end thought he said cancel so when we came to connect it wasn't connecting then we were told we had canceled the contract which they kept saying we did until we talked to a manger who said it would take 3 weeks to fix. long story short we got a great deal off them but the email address was different the old email address no longer existed but was still required to sign in. I was able to get it changed after making a complain higher up, i tried explaining it to the poeple on the phone but they didn't have a clue and i wasted lots of time trying. I think now it says that the email address is no longer in service please provide a new one but don't take that for definate :)