PDA

View Full Version : References from m rated games in your bio get you suspended?

CONKER1182
06-20-2011, 02:32 AM
I believe that anything you put in your bio that's from any m rated game will get you suspended? I wanted to put in my bio but haven't put it in my bio (I've had a bad fur day because some glitchy achievements won't unlock). I believe even that will get you suspended.

McGoogles
06-20-2011, 02:47 AM
I believe that anything you put in your bio that's from any m rated game will get you suspended? I wanted to put in my bio but haven't put it in my bio (I've had a bad fur day because some glitchy achievements won't unlock). I believe even that will get you suspended.

I've had a quote from BioShock for a few months now and haven't been suspended. I don't see how that could possibly get me banned.

Kairi
06-20-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't think references to M rated games will get you banned as long as you don't break Microsoft's rules like no bad words and stuff.

and I don't know why Microsoft would suspend either of you o.o

StolenPaper18
06-20-2011, 02:50 AM
OT: I'm pretty sure they wont ban you just from having a quote from a M rated game. As long as it is "family friendly" content.

Glowin Smurff
06-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Here's the thing, yes they have M rated games, but

your bio/profile is restricted to E for Everyone.

DeekBoy
06-20-2011, 04:42 AM

You put it perfectly!

DigitalGear
06-20-2011, 05:55 AM
As long as the curse words are put back in your pocket you should be fine. I've seen a ton of player's bios that have some mentioning/referencing of Gears of War.

mjc0961
06-20-2011, 05:57 AM

That about sums it up. You can put "YOU ARE THE SUPPORT, SON!" from Gears 1 in there, but if you transcribe this rant from Gears 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGtP1nfUxI#) into your bio without censoring anything, you are on your way to suspension town.

Baylor05
06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Usually from what I've read online, Xbox will give plenty of warning before they suspend you for bio content, especially if it's just a bad word or two. I do love it when people try to claim freedom of speech as if Xbox is the government oppressing their ability to express themself. Seriously, get over it.

Burning Karma
06-21-2011, 01:30 AM
That about sums it up. You can put "YOU ARE THE SUPPORT, SON!" from Gears 1 in there, but if you transcribe this rant from Gears 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGtP1nfUxI#) into your bio without censoring anything, you are on your way to suspension town.
I'm glad I knew what that was going to be before I clicked it.

Basically, the rules for bio/motto are this: don't be an idiot.

Beefdagreat
06-21-2011, 02:01 AM
lol thanks for the info, cuz i got lots of friends with "Code of Conduct - Code of Conduct" in their bio

bigbear2face
06-21-2011, 03:31 AM

Gotta love the Cole Train!