PDA

View Full Version : E68 Error

revolution22190
06-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I got the E68 error which i think means my hard drive is busted does anyone know of any way to fix it or if not a cheap place to find a hard drive i have the older 360

GrimSovereignty
06-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Try removing the hard drive and see if it will still play. Also remove any external accessories and see if that works as well.

StillTIPPIN187
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
I got this in an old elite.

MS wont fix it fore free unless you "Lie".

I just told them it flashed E68 and E74 both.

Its usually something to do with a bad update.. I pulled my hard drive out and cleared the cache manually. (think you hit the sync + eject button at the same time)

Manually clearing the cache is different that clearing the cache on the dashboard.. Manually will remove any corrupt boot files needed to boot up the dash.

Also, try turning it on without the HDD.

Worhammer
06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I think what they said on twitter was to turn on your xbox while the DVD tray is open....I forget what it is exactly, I'm sure if you hit up @xboxsupport on twitter they can tell you what to do in order to re-install the update, if the problem is like what tippin said (a corrupted dash update).

HuMuRoUs
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I have found 2 solutions that seem to work for most people you might want to have a look through them give them a try atleast.

Solution 1
I just had this exact problem, E 68, and was about to call MS, I removed HD and let system reboot without it and it booted fine i rebooted one more time without HD for a total of two. I then tried to reinstall the harddrive and noticed that it did not want to snap in. I played with it a few min more and finally got it to snap in properly. I think it was not seated properly to begin with as it was down further on the back side than it was before i removed it. I also heard two distinct clicks as it clicked in at the rear and then at the front. Once i did that it fired back up with both my profiles and is now working again. my 360 is laying horizontally

Solution 2
Remove any disk from the DVD drive.
Remove the hard drive and turn on. When you get to the dashboard turn it off again by holding the X button on the controller and select 'Turn off console'.
Wait 10 seconds and then turn on again by pushing the X button on the controller. When you get to the dashboard turn off again via the X button.
Remove the AV / Video plug from the back of your Xbox.
Replace the hard drive correctly.
Switch on the Xbox via the power button on the console. 4 red lights should flash.
Wait 10 seconds and re-insert the AV / Video cable.
You should now load into the dashboard with your hard drive profiles - wait theres more!
Turn off and on via the X button as before another 2 times with all leads and the hard drive in place.
After you power it off the second time, remove the power lead for 20 minutes and then turn on again any way you feel like it and it should be cured.

Not too sure if they work but alot of people have confirmed these methods.