PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel they're overkilling this franchise ?

theNomad
06-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Don't get me wrong I liked the 1st, adored the 2nd and enjoyed the 3rd but am I alone in thinking ubisoft are throwing these together too quickly, do we really need a new one every year ?

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
not as long as they are of increasing quality

I thought brotherhood was an improvement over II so I hope revelations will be one over brotherhood

if its good Im glad they are releasing it very fast, although I think theyll slow down and take a lot more time developing III

Spanish Assault
06-21-2011, 01:51 AM
No...I can't get enough.

DEG23
06-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Don't get me wrong I liked the 1st, adored the 2nd and enjoyed the 3rd but am I alone in thinking ubisoft are throwing these together too quickly, do we really need a new one every year ?

so far they haven't gone wrong, i was surprised by Brotherhood, thinking it was going to be Assassins creed 2.5. But Ubisoft are going to have to be careful, cos if they don't keep improving, offering something new then they will lose a large portion of players if the quality drops.

I was slightly annoyed to hear Ezio was in revalations, don't get me wrong i love the character and his story but was hoping for a new character and story line, the part of this game i am looking forward to the most is Altair's story.

But glad to hear this is the last Ezio game as i was concerned this would turn into a splinter cell style franchise, i swear Fisher must be at least 65+ now

Toams07
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM

As long as the quality keeps going up, why not?
And I want to know how the story ends. Magnificent, how they created it and with the 4th game on the way, it's still not finished

Assassino187
06-26-2011, 01:50 PM
No!!! More more and more please :)

anelson@nmu.edu
06-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I Love them when I complete them...I usually put them down for a few months and then get back to them. Too many to fast for my budget. Especially with everything else coming out so fast. The story line is to good to stop though and like a good book series, you have to know how it ends...can't wait..

KoNtheKinG
06-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I have to agree and and disagree with theNomad. yea i think there throwing them together to quickly but i love the story and gameplay so when i comeplete it, i cant wait for the next installment lol

Burnout x360a
06-26-2011, 02:24 PM
No...I can't get enough.

This ^

Seriously, the series is amazing and they get better each time. They ain't no Activision ;)

cloud72
06-26-2011, 02:39 PM
yeah, i agree with most of the comments here, the franchise just keeps getting better in terms of storyline and gameplay so i'm not bothered!

HugTheBear
06-27-2011, 04:27 AM
Day 1 buy for me. I can't wait! I just played (for the first time) AC:1, 2, and Brotherhood in the past 2 months. Amazing story. Looking forward to a few more AC releases.

chrisbdl19
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
have to agree that if they aren't carefull then yes they will kill the assassins creed series but all developers run this risk just a case of not killing a series

Leon McLane
06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah. you are right.

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/375815/0/default.png (http://www.playfire.com/Leonx)Xbox Gamercards (http://www.playfire.com/)

http://gamercards.exophase.com/90732.png (http://exophase.com/gamercards/)

dsgt
06-29-2011, 02:39 PM
They have to be carefull, because they are getting close to overkilling it. But as long as they increase the quality, Id say no, for now

Spanish Assault
06-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah. you are right.

A couple of things...

1st care to explain who or what is right?
2nd do you seriuosly add all those gamercards to evey post? Learn to add a sig to save some time.

They have to be carefull, because they are getting close to overkilling it. But as long as they increase the quality, Id say no, for now

"overkill" is such lose term. Everyone throws it our there but never backs it up. If a game is successful and people keep buying it, wouldn't it make sense to keep making the game. I want more assassins creed just like most of us on here...it's all about supply and demand.

Dont get me wrong, it they make a bunch of titles and never add to the story, thats a good way to kill off this series, but they haven't yet.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed the progression of both the story, and the quality of the game. IMO, each game they come out with is an improvement upon the last. Proof (again IMO)....go back and try the mechanics on the first AC, and then play Brotherhood..'nuff said.
It is not like they pump out a "new" one every year with little, to no, improvements.

JohnAizen
06-30-2011, 04:52 AM
Just as long as they don't sacrifice quality they can keep pumping out the AC games lol

Grado
06-30-2011, 06:34 AM
technicly they only make a few tweaks to the gameplay and a new story and put it out BUT the quality of story and what the do tweak makes the next game great so no its not overkilling the franchise

jhare96
07-01-2011, 04:12 PM
yh assassins creed revelations should be awesome and they are make ac3 by 2012 or so i've heard

Maiyku
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
The storyline has only gotten better, and they've improved gameplay so much over the course of the series... why not keep making them every year? Until they start losing quality because they are making them too fast, then there is no reason to stop. Personally I love that they've made it yearly, because regardless of what else comes out, I know I always have my Assassins Creed game to fall back on :D. I just hate that they release it in November (Though I understand why)... along with every other game known to man -.-. I'm going to be soooo busy come November...

Darkforce412
07-03-2011, 04:29 PM
funny thats exactly what ive been thinking the same thing, maybe they should give it more time to make it the best:)

loganlogan80
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
As long as they stay good, quality games, I'll continue to buy them until the series ends.

The Red Russian
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
as long as they're all good games, it doesn't really matter

it's not like assassin's creed is turning into call of duty.....

Asobi
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Not really overkill. I think it's fine for Brotherood and Revelations. Same character, same gameplay, same engine, just with a new story. As much as I love Ezio and how his trilogy is panning out, they need to change things up for next entry (III) to avoid it from getting stale, though.

EMP
07-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm glad they make one every year because these game's are good, maybe not as a previous Assassin's Creed but they are good quality and are far better then a lot of shitty games out there.

Outline
07-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Yep. Brotherhood was trash compared to the other games. They're churning them out, and whilst they're still good games, it's a shame.

Tristan360
07-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Not yet, as long as this is the last in the Ezio series and there is a new story line in the games to come.

SomeLuckyNOOBS
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Personally I would like to see them slow down a little bit so I have more time to enjoy each of these games but I have to agree that until the overall quality drops, its not really a problem.

bblcreator8790
07-06-2011, 11:56 PM
I sort of have to agree with Nomad. I think Assassin's Creed is my favorite new series of this generation, along with Mass Effect. However, I'm not seeing the huge improvements that everyone else says they saw in Brotherhood. The campaign was shorter than ACII (if you just included main story missions and not side missions/collectibles), and the story is getting more and more far-fetched with each installment. I'm starting to wonder if they're just making up the story as they go without any real sense of direction for the franchise, judging by the cliffhanger endings for ACII and ACB. Gameplay wise they only added a few new features, nothing really groundbreaking for the franchise.

On the other hand, the games in this series, including Brotherhood, are still of a very high quality, and it is great to see Ubisoft still focusing on the single player aspect of these games. They sort of have to however, because IMO the multiplayer is decent but nowhere near good enough to carry the franchise or sell games on its own, like Halo or COD, for example. In any event, even though I thought ACII was better than ACB, Brotherhood was still a very good game that kept me intrigued until the end, and it certainly still had a lot to do in terms of side missions, collectibles, etc. I feel I still got more than my money's worth, especially compared to other games that I've played recently. In the end though, to me ACB was still AC 2.5.

I expect Revelations to be a lot like Brotherhood, a few new features but nothing that will shake up the franchise. Probably like an AC 2.75 or so. I expect it to be a great game with an intriguing story and another cliffhanging, unsatisfying ending (at least for Desmond). Multiplayer is whatever for me, since I only buy games for single player. I will definitely be buying and I expect another game that will give me a lot of play time, crisp visuals, etc.

Since this is the last game with Ezio, this to me confirms that the next game will be ACIII, and it will undoubtedly come out in 2012 to fit with the whole 2012 theme. This is where the real test will be for Ubisoft. This game really needs to revamp the franchise as ACII did from the original. If they just throw another game similar to ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations, then I will 100% agree with you Nomad, the franchise will be going into overkill mode. For now I will give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, but IMO they are perilously close to going overboard with this franchise.

theNomad
07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Am I bad, I listed Brotherhood as the 3rd :rolleyes: when really it's a 2nd chapter of Ezio's trilogy.

Like I said I've really enjoyed the 3 previous games and they offer hours of gameplay I made the post because it kind of felt well I've only just finished Brotherhood and they're rolling out a new game.

I guess the thread kinda proves me wrong, with the bulk of people here happy with it being a game per year franchise. That said maybe most players who are a little tired of the series aren't likely come to the forum so early before it's release.

As for Revelations it does sound interesting and a little like the story within a story film Inception, you're Desmond playing Ezio who during the game plays as Altair who during the game plays undercover as a female prostitute :) (only joking about that last part but you get the idea).

Killtastrophe001
07-15-2011, 11:53 PM

you are right... assassins creed games are the best experience playing and really enjoyable campaign and storyline plot, but when finished it always lacks replay value, and it gets repetitive after the game is over. i mean going around killing guards etc.

this game is nearly like skyrim and oblivion in terms of free roam but look at how bethesda has too much replay value in the elder scrolls games :)

halorvb13
07-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I think most fans agree that while they are overdoing it, it is still such a fantastic game series. So at least I think, no, keep 'em coming, Take my money Ubisoft.

Rivercurse
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
I think the AC IP was planned as a trilogy from the start, but they never planned to have an Ezio-trilogy-within-trilogy. That occurred when AC2 was so well reviewed and sold so well.

Anyway I don't care what their reasons are. Each game has been better than the last, and I've loved all 3 so the more the merrier.

circus1776
07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I think the AC IP was planned as a trilogy from the start, but they never planned to have an Ezio-trilogy-within-trilogy. That occurred when AC2 was so well reviewed and sold so well.

Anyway I don't care what their reasons are. Each game has been better than the last, and I've loved all 3 so the more the merrier.

Exactly my feelings on the matter.

I mean, Brotherhood was amazing and could definitely never be seen as a throwaway or any kind. Obviously they've been working hard or non-stop on these, maybe even overlapping production. I'm pretty sure the main reason we're seeing these so fast is because they use the same engine for all three of Ezio's trilogy. But I'm excited to see all stories brought together in Revelations, IE: AHH ALTAIR :woop:

Axel 360
07-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I havenīt play Brotherhood yet, the multiplayer and the fact that itīs not an Assassinīs Creed 3 always take me back from getting it.

Revelations I think I will, like how it looks and story seems much important. Brotherhood should have been Assassinīs Creed 2 DLC, and not the two deleted scenes. I know it has lots of content and takes much time to complete to be just a DLC, but in terms of story, itīs just DLC.

In AC2 Ezio finds out his father is and assassin and avenge his death, and itīs not to the end that he truly become and assassin, leaving this part to Brotherhood.

They say Revelation will be last Ezio tale, and now it turns out it will be not, that will be the Wii U still to announce game... really??

So yes, I think they are overkilling the franchise. They should sit down all, discuss and finally decide how the story will go, because itīs stating to feel like they have no idea.

I want AC3 right away dammit, Ezio is cool, but with so many games Iīm starting to hate him.

Fire Mage
07-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I don't entirely think that they're oversaturating it, but I do think that this is one Ezio game too far.

I know that Altair is there and there will be some more changes, but still, I just don't think they should have had Ezio in this. He's a good character, but I want some more variety.

Thankfully they've said it'll end his story.

KFZ Scrubs
07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
As long as the games are good, I don't care.

Cooljoe
07-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Yes and no. I see your point though that if they don't get better as they go on, people will grow unhappy. But to the extent of something like guitar hero, hell no. Fuck no. Gh got overkilled. The assassins creed series hasn't had enough games to it to kill itself yet. Besides every one of their games are great IMO.

DEG23
07-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Yes and no. I see your point though that if they don't get better as they go on, people will grow unhappy. But to the extent of something like guitar hero, hell no. Fuck no. Gh got overkilled. The assassins creed series hasn't had enough games to it to kill itself yet. Besides every one of their games are great IMO.

Couldn't agree more, when i heard Brotherhood was being released so quickly after AC2, i had my doubts as to how good it would actually be, but there was no doubt in my mind i wouldn't buy it, simply because of the "what happens next" factor.

The Assassins Creed games have substance, and the main thrill for me is finding out the story, when i heard revelations was coming out, my first reaction was to try and find out, whose story it was, and what characters would feature in it. I still have no idea if there are any new gameplay features/weapons, just want to experience the next chapter in the AC story.

As long as there is a convincing plot and deep story, fans will be hooked.

kennyubasterd00
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Assassins Creed? Sure! I'll take a 4th helping! Om-nom-nom-nom. :biglaugh

ZingZitang
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't think they're overkilling it, or milking it in any way.

Its a fantastic Franchise, Awesome Gameplay, Awesome locations, and being a history buff I especially like how they intertwine Real life Historical Events and People within their Story.

I for one, Cant wait for more Assassins Creed.

MetallicaDan
09-02-2011, 10:54 PM
My only worry about Assassin's Creed isn't how many games there are (loved every single one so far) but that they pull a LOST: So much awesomeness killed in a weak ending.

Guitarr Steve
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Yep. Brotherhood was trash compared to the other games. They're churning them out, and whilst they're still good games, it's a shame.
I've played all 3 and can't seriously fathom how you can say that...

I personally think it had the best storyline, and being able to recruit assassins is awesome...

Suki
09-06-2011, 07:52 PM
well they have improved upon every outing and this one looks the same increase and when u think about COD and how very little they change every year yet every year smucks buy it in the millions. this is the last one in this time period/assassin and will end this story, Desmond will continue onto a new adventure nexy xmas though.

aclover
09-07-2011, 03:08 AM
They're not overkilling this franchise. As long as the storyline is intriguing and the quality of the game improves it doesn't matter how fast you make new ones. A good example of this is how they make a different angry birds app every month and people buy it every month. Also if you think ezio is too old for this (he is) then pretend he's found the fountain of youth or something, use your imagination, it's a lot less fun when you dwell on the flaws

Ghostnappa1990
09-07-2011, 03:42 AM
I love assassins Creed so I really dont mind new ones as fast as possible

Stough89
09-07-2011, 03:50 AM
There are several other franchises that have overkilled the story and have made way to many games (Halo, NFS, COD, GTA) but this game I'm ok with the overkill cuz who doesn't love free-running and assassinating templars, my only negative rating is the view points and flags but brotherhood fixed that problem.

M92F JT
09-07-2011, 08:23 AM
i think they are going overboard a bit, but yh as long as everything is improving no harm i suppose,

brotherhood was amazing compared to the first AC so hopefully we will see massive improvement,

as long as there are less online achievements xO too many games coming out to worry about playing AC online for hours,

A Scary Demon
09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah i agree they are getting released very fast but the story and quality are good so its ok

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Are you shitting me? The is the best franchise ever made. I hope it never stops and unlike other games its gets better every time.

bblcreator8790
09-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Am I bad, I listed Brotherhood as the 3rd :rolleyes: when really it's a 2nd chapter of Ezio's trilogy.

Like I said I've really enjoyed the 3 previous games and they offer hours of gameplay I made the post because it kind of felt well I've only just finished Brotherhood and they're rolling out a new game.

I guess the thread kinda proves me wrong, with the bulk of people here happy with it being a game per year franchise. That said maybe most players who are a little tired of the series aren't likely come to the forum so early before it's release.

As for Revelations it does sound interesting and a little like the story within a story film Inception, you're Desmond playing Ezio who during the game plays as Altair who during the game plays undercover as a female prostitute :) (only joking about that last part but you get the idea).

I've been thinking about this (posted in this thread awhile ago) and I wonder what will happen if they continue to release a game every year, and one of those times they release a game that's not well received, which will be bound to happen sooner or later releasing games that often. I bet if that happens people will be quick to blame Ubisoft, and will immediately point to the condensed and speedy development cycles, including people in here who seem to be happy with a game per year right now. The series might be fine for now, or for a few more releases, but one game that doesn't live up to expectations and things will come crashing down as far as the fans are concerned. Then people will start calling it another CoD or Guitar Hero, with fanboys on both sides of the argument. Hopefully Ubisoft can keep it up. I still can't help but feel moving to a condensed development cycle and releasing a game every year is a very risky decision in the long run. Sure, things might be great for now, but that doesn't mean things will always stay that way. I really hope it works out though, because along with Mass Effect this is my favorite new game series this generation.

Axel 360
09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I've been thinking about this (posted in this thread awhile ago) and I wonder what will happen if they continue to release a game every year, and one of those times they release a game that's not well received, which will be bound to happen sooner or later releasing games that often. I bet if that happens people will be quick to blame Ubisoft, and will immediately point to the condensed and speedy development cycles, including people in here who seem to be happy with a game per year right now. The series might be fine for now, or for a few more releases, but one game that doesn't live up to expectations and things will come crashing down as far as the fans are concerned. Then people will start calling it another CoD or Guitar Hero, with fanboys on both sides of the argument. Hopefully Ubisoft can keep it up. I still can't help but feel moving to a condensed development cycle and releasing a game every year is a very risky decision in the long run. Sure, things might be great for now, but that doesn't mean things will always stay that way. I really hope it works out though, because along with Mass Effect this is my favorite new game series this generation.

Dude, friking awesome post. People donīt realize that asking constantly for more will only ended up in all of us getting worse games. The jump from AC1 and 2 was impressive , and iīm sure one game every three years will definitely be better for them to have time and say "ok, what REALLY can be introduce in the saga thatīs awesome?", instead of copy/paste and add minor stuff. For as much as this three years waiting apparently will hurt lots of fans.

Stough89
09-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Totally agree Axle 360, which is why I'm stoked for Hitman absolution IO interactive has made a Hitman game every two or three years.

MrWake
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
I've yet to tire of the franchise.
Although, I enjoy reuniting with the same characters every year.

aclover
09-12-2011, 11:47 PM
I agree they won't last long with the current speed. and after ACIII they will have to wait at least 2 years to release the game. Sort of like how CoD should have so MW3 wouldn't be thier last chance for survival. If revelations is anything like black opps i won't ever buy another creed game again simply because they ruined revelations. plus i also think that ACIII will have to have multiple cities again or else people will start to get bored... like i have with brotherhood. basically i agree they're not overkilling it yet but if they don't make some changes soon the will be.

bblcreator8790
09-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I agree they won't last long with the current speed. and after ACIII they will have to wait at least 2 years to release the game. Sort of like how CoD should have so MW3 wouldn't be thier last chance for survival. If revelations is anything like black opps i won't ever buy another creed game again simply because they ruined revelations. plus i also think that ACIII will have to have multiple cities again or else people will start to get bored... like i have with brotherhood. basically i agree they're not overkilling it yet but if they don't make some changes soon the will be.

That's pretty much my line of thinking. I can stomach one more 'AC 2.5' in Revelations, since I'm sure the game will be very good, but if they don't step it up with ACIII then I will be very disappointed. I also think for that game that again multiple cities/locations are a must, like ACI and ACII.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
OP You stole my name :p.

Also I'm glad they bringing one out a year. They do it with COD and sports games and I don't even like playing them. I'd rather have this, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead etc.

Assassins Creed is not a game you play all year round. I normally go through twice then never play it again. So after 3 months it gets left and 9 months later I'm ready for another one.

Katarn
10-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Hell no! This is in the top 3 series of all time.

Mass effect
Dragon age
Assassins creed

I same keep releasing a game ever year, just like Call of duty.

That is a series that has been overkilledXinfinite. please kill COD its one of the worst series i have ever played.

Kaiyo
10-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Brotherhood and Revelations are spinoffs to Assassin's Creed 2 so thats different than the yearly bs.
CoD is retarded where they bring out the main series every damn year.

theglf9
10-08-2011, 05:40 AM
I never really got into the game until Brotherhood came out, but i really liked it and i hope that Revelations has better multiplayer and has the same quality campaign.

AlienDenzil85
10-08-2011, 06:18 AM
I never really got into the game until Brotherhood came out, but i really liked it and i hope that Revelations has better multiplayer and has the same quality campaign.

From what I've seen on IGN and elsewhere, it does seem like the main storyline will be every bit as good as the previous games. Multiplayer? I'm not sure yet, but it looks promising.

softerxsin495
10-08-2011, 07:08 AM

As long as the quality of the games keep improving I don't see why not. And as far as Revelations goes, it was my understanding that this game was to "tie everything together"? Although perhaps I misunderstood. *shrug*. I personally enjoy the franchise.

ghost23
10-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Not at all. They're constantly improving the experience with new gameplay additions, new locations, new characters etc.
The only thing that really seems to be lacking is graphical improvements but that could be attributed to hardware limitations more than anything.

Zim
10-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Still one of my favourite series but I do think the TC is right to be worried. Personally I rank the games as 2, Brotherhood, 1.

Brotherhood's singleplayer just felt so less developed than 2's. It really showed that the game had been in development less time. I mean it had extra parts but the actual story, build-up, missions, lack of the villa etc just felt less impressive. Brotherhood was a great game but it just totally lacked the impact of 2. Playing 2 for the first time just felt staggering. The huge improvements in graphics, the wonderful start to the story, the villa, upgrades etc. Putting brotherhood in just felt like a mild upgrade.

I dunno maybe other people loved the singleplayer of Brotherhood but to me it just really felt like you never really progressed. Whereas in 2 you had this wonderful progression from just a young guy fist fighting and climbing to ladies windows into a master assassin.

I believe that originally the plan had been to have Assassins creed one year, then prince of persia the next. And have them be alternating series. But then AC sold amazingly and PoP sold dissappointingly.

Personally I feel they should limit it to two games per character. I think 3 for Ezio is a little overstretched. I really want to see a change (personally hoping next game is either victorian England or a spin off to China/Japan). Victorian England would be awesome. Jack the ripper as a fellow assassin who the templars have villified etc.

Valorous 7
10-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Like others have said, they keep improving this games. It's not like they're the same thing thrown together to make a buck. There are significant improvements, and to me Revelations looks like there is even more done to differentiate it from its two successors in the Ezio trilogy.

So no, I don't mind putting down 60 dollars every year to play a game that is awesome from the moment i put the disc in the tray to the moment the final achievement is popped. After AC3 next year I know they already explained they're gonna try to let the series breathe for a bit before continuing. They just want to make sure they hit 2012 with AC3, and Brotherhood + Revelations are kind of important to understanding how the series will wrap up (I suppose). I'm fine with it since the story is engaging, Ezio is likeable, and the gameplay has only been getting better with each iteration. It's not stale at all, so I say keep it coming until it gets that way.

kieran spartan
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
i think they are doing a good job im most interested in how the story ends so the more games there are the longer and exciting the story gets

fastNcurious
10-16-2011, 01:25 AM
As long as they have interesting and engaging stories to tell, I'm down for it. Whenever I start an AC game, I usually have to force myself to put it down and take a break cuz I just want to keep playing and playing. They do such a good job of drawing me in and making history fascinating.

FSparacino4
10-16-2011, 04:03 AM
When the first AC came out, I thought it was boring and repetitive. I decided to give II a shot and have been in love with the franchise ever since. As long as they continue to add new gameplay elements with engrossing stories, this franchise will continue to be a day 1 buy for me.

aclover
10-18-2011, 03:45 AM
OP You stole my name :p.

Also I'm glad they bringing one out a year. They do it with COD and sports games and I don't even like playing them. I'd rather have this, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead etc.

Assassins Creed is not a game you play all year round. I normally go through twice then never play it again. So after 3 months it gets left and 9 months later I'm ready for another one.

How can you not play it year round? I personally think Assassins Creed is the game, the only game, and my favorite game.

And with the CoD thing I totally agree. I dont like to only focus on online gameplay which is the only thing they ever make the games for. But Assassin's Creed can make a story behind everything, even multiplayer, though I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer I like Assassin's Creed because it's original, these war games are just 2 teams shooting at eachother.

P.S. I'm sorry for the longest run-on sentence of all time to all my previous english teachers.

AlienDenzil85
10-19-2011, 08:00 AM
How can you not play it year round? I personally think Assassins Creed is the game, the only game, and my favorite game.

And with the CoD thing I totally agree. I dont like to only focus on online gameplay which is the only thing they ever make the games for. But Assassin's Creed can make a story behind everything, even multiplayer, though I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer I like Assassin's Creed because it's original, these war games are just 2 teams shooting at eachother.

P.S. I'm sorry for the longest run-on sentence of all time to all my previous english teachers.

Your English teachers would hate it, your German teachers would love it though!

mike051890
10-20-2011, 09:09 AM
I think that putting a title out every year isn't a bad idea if things change. A new wrestling game every year is a little ridiculous but Assassin's Creed changes every time. The combat system is usually updated, along with minor graphic upgrades. Not to mention it has an awesome story.

jbixler
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
As long as they do it right, I'm fine with it. I was a bit skeptical when I heard Brotherhood being announced, seeing how they released AC II a few months before.

But I've been currently playing Brotherhood and it's a pretty good game. I still need to get my hands on the first two games though.

Barad
10-22-2011, 03:25 PM
The games are getting better each time so I don't mind if their going a little crazy with the story as long as it's interesting and sensible.

MediumMelanin
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah...they're making them yearly now. Well, I love me some "Assassin's Creed!" So, this one will continue where Brotherhood left off, as Brotherhood left off from Assassin's Creed II. Anyway, I might be getting this upcoming one late. I can "feel" that they will be releasing "Assassin's Creed III" on the 13th of November, 2012.

guillermo316
10-22-2011, 07:42 PM
What NFS needs is just a racing game. No gimmick. Just racing like NFS underground for the.. playstation 1!

fastNcurious
10-23-2011, 07:34 AM
What NFS needs is just a racing game. No gimmick. Just racing like NFS underground for the.. playstation 1!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lol.

I don't think they're overkilling the franchise now. I mean, it's not like they're doing something crazy like making an Assassin's Creed movie or something stupid like that.

BIGbivvie
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
No...I can't get enough.

Same. I love the AC franchise.

They bring a new COD, FIFA out every year and they always get beter :)

Smurfette2010
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Love all the assassins creed games so personally i dont think so :) x

KNUCKS x360a
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Here's a crazy idea, I'm gonna wait until its actually out & I've actually played it, before I start bitching about how good/bad it is.

Otherwise, I'll just look a little silly ;)

Wembley66
11-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I think its an outstanding game series, so no, I don't think they are overkilling the franchise. I view this to be one of the safest games to buy, because you pretty much know that you're getting a quality product.

Brotherhood's singleplayer just felt so less developed than 2's. It really showed that the game had been in development less time. I mean it had extra parts but the actual story, build-up, missions, lack of the villa etc just felt less impressive. Brotherhood was a great game but it just totally lacked the impact of 2. Playing 2 for the first time just felt staggering. The huge improvements in graphics, the wonderful start to the story, the villa, upgrades etc. Putting brotherhood in just felt like a mild upgrade.

I dunno maybe other people loved the singleplayer of Brotherhood but to me it just really felt like you never really progressed. Whereas in 2 you had this wonderful progression from just a young guy fist fighting and climbing to ladies windows into a master assassin.

Just thought I'd make a point about the Villa. Ezio lived in Florence, Tuscany and Monteriggioni is also in Tuscany so it was plausible that the Auditore family could have had a Villa in Monteriggioni, whereas I don't think it would work for them to also have a Villa in Rome. I think it was deliberate on Ubisoft's part not to have a Villa and have the Assassin's Guild instead.

As for the second part, it was easier for him to build up skills in AC 2 because he was only a teenager at the start and new to the way of the Assassins so had to mature and learn those skills. I'm not saying some kind of progression like that shouldn't have been in Brotherhood, just that it was always going to be more difficult to do because he'd already acquired a lot of skills so it was going to have to be more subtle things.

I personally could barely put Brotherhood down until I'd finished it but I can understand your points.

Jesuit007
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Brotherhood and Revelations are not full increases in the series iteration. They are essentially the same game as AC:2, just with a few new widgets.

AC:3 really should utilize a better engine (even if it's been in development for years) and show a much bigger sense of "improvement" over Ezio's arc.

So, as long as that is true, no they aren't overusing the franchise. If they phone in 3 and it's basically the same as Ezio's Trilogy, then yeah, they missed an opportunity.

Zim
11-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Knucks x360a you do realise the thread is about the franchise right? Not just revelations. If you didn't that would be a little silly. So you are saying there isn't a single AC game released yet?

So I'm quite a way into Revelations now and it definitely feels like they are overkilling the franchise. So far I would still rank AC2 as the best game. Some of the new features for revelations feel simply like things added to extend the length of the game and put a new bullet point on the box. For example the desmond sections are truly awful. I mean quite possibly some of the worst design this generation. Likewise the 'Den defense' sections which are basically just a tower defense game are very poor. Imagine playing a very basic tower defense game but with a very bad camera angle.

The bombs and hookblade are so-so additions. Bombs I think most people who played the previous games will find can actually slow you down, easier to just fight as normal. Hookblade is good for exploration but in combat meh, seems like it is much slower and less efficient than just normal combat.

The main gameplay, setting, story etc are still fantastic but so far all the additions are pretty poor.

BosmaniaK
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
when I read Revelations was coming out, I was like "another one?"
liked AC1, loved 2 and Brotherhood but I'm starting to become wary. they're gonna need to add/improve alot of shit because I don't want to play AC2 for a 3rd time

SWAGGART
11-15-2011, 05:33 AM
No there not! go make the same thread in the MW3 forum because theres a game that needs ending full stop, 2011 and its still getting hacked they dont give a fuck about us.

DeadlySinz86
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I would happily buy an Assassin's Creed every year, the storyline is simply amazing, I'm not a huge fan of Religion being an Atheist, but there's something about these games, that just keeps me fixed with hugh excitement.