PDA

View Full Version : M$ are useless!

wilson1874
06-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I need to send my Xbox away for repair, the brand new slim one I have had for 3 months. So I do it all fine online, they say they will send a printable postage label. 11 hours later, still not received it? Repairs take upto 2-3 weeks, damn thats long. How will I survive without an Xbox lol? :(

TheMovieGeek
06-20-2011, 09:18 PM
How will I survive without an Xbox lol? :(

Find something else to do.....

Spanish Assault
06-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I need to send my Xbox away for repair, the brand new slim one I have had for 3 months. So I do it all fine online, they say they will send a printable postage label. 11 hours later, still not received it? Repairs take upto 2-3 weeks, damn thats long. How will I survive without an Xbox lol? :(
1st of all it's M$ IS useless.

2nd you should of gotten an instant link to print the label. Is your pop up blocker on?

wilson1874
06-20-2011, 09:20 PM
1st of all it's M$ IS useless.

2nd you should of gotten an instant link to print the label. Is your pop up blocker on?

No its off. Plus, surely I would see it in my inbox?

GrimSovereignty
06-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I would suggest spending time outdoors lol..but that sucks

MC B0B x360a
06-20-2011, 09:56 PM

My slim went the first week. I kept my old xbox that started getting the RROD. I use it as a backup. It takes about ten minutes of turning it off and on, but i eventually works. Always have a spare.

StillTIPPIN187
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
You should have gotten an instant postage paper to print off. Make sure you looking in the right email that your GT is linked to.. or the one that you used to file the repair.

IF NOT, i would call support and they should be able to resend it.

If you dont wanna talk to their lame CS team, then just have one mailed. Would probably take a few weeks though.

Just wondering though, WTH is wrong with your slim? I rarely hear of things going wrong with them. Hell, even mine is on 24/7 alot of the time.. between my girl using it during the day and me getting on at night and then netflix while we sleep.. its hardly ever off. and it still hasn't crapped out on me.

wilson1874
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
You should have gotten an instant postage paper to print off.

IF NOT, i would call support and they should be able to resend it.

If you dont wanna talk to their lame CS team, then just have one mailed. Would probably take a few weeks though.

Just wondering though, WTH is wrong with your slim? I rarely here of things going wrong with them. Hell, even mine is on 24/7 alot of the time.. between my girl using it during the day and me getting on at night and then netflix while we sleep.. its hardly ever off. and it still hasn't crapped out on me.

It makes a loud buzzing and vibrating sound. Sometimes games wont load and the screen goes black and returns me to dashboard.

StillTIPPIN187
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM
It makes a loud buzzing and vibrating sound. Sometimes games wont load and the screen goes black and returns me to dashboard.

Well, ALL xboxs make the loud buzzing and vibrating sound when you play a disc ( i assume thats when it happens)

Best solution for that is to install them to the HDD.. Much quieter and less stress on the console.

But ive had one game not load for me as well, Crysis 2 gave me a fit one night for some reason.

And im not sure about the dashboard problem..

As much as i love my xbox, even more than my ps3.. its still a PoS lol. Its just made so damn cheap and has cheap hardware in it.

But yeah, you seem to want the repair, so just try and get up with Xbox Customer Support.. they should be able to resend you another. ( i think i had the same problem getting the printable postage stamp in my email when i had an old elite die on me)

wilson1874
06-20-2011, 10:05 PM
No they are suppose to be WHISPER QUIET like my bro's and all my friends. It's very loud and not normal.

Dcon6393
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM

Well I got lucky and went on vacation for a week, and brought out the good ole gamecube for another week or so.

Future tips:
--Install games. I'm sure you have the 250 GB right? Use the space. The less your xbox has to work the safer it will be
--Have a back up system. I have a DS, GC, and PS1 still in my house if I need them. Technically I gave them to my siblings, but I feel they are mine haha

StillTIPPIN187
06-20-2011, 10:16 PM
No they are suppose to be WHISPER QUIET like my bro's and all my friends. It's very loud and not normal.

Trust me, I have 2 slims here.. They are far from whisper quiet running a game straight from disc.

BUT, is it very loud without even playing a game? That would not be normal.

But if its loud while playing a uninstalled game then its perfectly normal for the xbox to be that loud.

Games are highly compressed to fit the 8GB DVD Discs.. the drives have to spin faster to read the data since its compressed so much.. resulting in hectic vibration and a loud roar from the drive.

Unless you install the games :)

Mightymango
06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Umm, you can login to the support web site and print the label from there. You don't need to wait for the email from Microsoft.

chelseaman99
06-21-2011, 12:09 PM
My slim went the first week. I kept my old xbox that started getting the RROD. I use it as a backup. It takes about ten minutes of turning it off and on, but i eventually works. Always have a spare.

Always have a spare? We aren't all that rich ...

When my 360 broke I went out and bought 20 games from the top 100 PS2 games on Metacritic for a tenner, and when my 360 came back I didn't even play it for a month :eek:

Big Stoz
06-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Trust me, I have 2 slims here.. They are far from whisper quiet running a game straight from disc.

But if its loud while playing a uninstalled game then its perfectly normal for the xbox to be that loud.

Games are highly compressed to fit the 8GB DVD Discs.. the drives have to spin faster to read the data since its compressed so much.. resulting in hectic vibration and a loud roar from the drive.

Houston we have a problem! no worries if you scroll to the top of this thread you will find instruction on how to return your Noisy slim for repair and advice on the return label ;)

Giptuc
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM

i wouldnt exactly say they are 'far from whisper quiet'. Thats just misleading. The slims arnt that loud when running a disk, its certainly not loud enough to alarm some one that something is off compared to its ordinary volume.

I have 3 slims, one has ALL games installed on it, one has none, and I only install AAA games on the other. None of them make enough sound that i would say its noisy, however its still obvious that there is a disk spinning when reading from a disk

BluWolve
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM

i agree completely, i own an xbox 360S and when running a game it can get quite loud. i know they were SUPPOSED to be whisper quiet, but they generally are not unless the game is installed, then i barely hear a noise at all. i actually had a red light come on once, when it was a really hot day and i had been playing it pretty much the whole day. i just turned it off for 10 minutes and it worked again.

if i can hear it buzzing over the game audio coming through my TB headphones then yeh i have to say that is far from whisper quiet.

Giptuc
06-21-2011, 12:44 PM
if i can hear it buzzing over the game audio coming through my TB headphones then yeh i have to say that is far from whisper quiet.

Wait you can hear it over TB headphones? Then i would say you have a problem with your xbox, or you just have your headphones set whisper quiet.

I cant hear anything over my TB's

jamie1000013
06-21-2011, 12:51 PM

Surely you still have the Xbox on warranty? Can't you just take it back to the store for a refund or do you have to let Microsoft fix it?

Mighty Goliath89
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
thank god mine hasnt gone yet altough if it does it will be more time at the pub and on the DS if that happens to my 250GB xbox, did the same for 6 other xboxes Ive been through :P

wilson1874
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Surely you still have the Xbox on warranty? Can't you just take it back to the store for a refund or do you have to let Microsoft fix it?

I think GAME have a 30-40 day return policy? But yeah all consoles have warranty of a year from Xbox.

Itstheimpaler
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
good god GOLIATH, how did you go through 6 systems?

HuMuRoUs
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
My slim is infact Whisper quiet. Well the console is, the power bricks another story. I have all games installed on my HD and sitting about 4-5ft away from it you can't hear anything. Even now with a game in and playing i can only hear the console if i put my ear to the fan.

The power brick on the other hand is very noisy.

Damage
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Errh as said, Why did you call MS???? U take it back to the store, most will replace it if it is less than 12months old, for some its 6.

But people seem to think the manufacturer is the first point of call. This is wrong your initial warrenty is with the store, you use MS once that period has expired. All they do is replace it and send it to MS, who refund them for it, repair it and send it out to somebody who needs a replacement console.

Damage
06-21-2011, 08:10 PM
I think GAME have a 30-40 day return policy? But yeah all consoles have warranty of a year from Xbox.

Wrong! I got mine from there and they have a 12month swop policy. If it breaks within 12months they simply swop it for a new one. It is the same for gamestation.

I also got there game care repair policy. So for 30 (at the time) it was covered for 3 years and they would repair any faults for me. It was a while back I purchased it, but I got a PSP about 2 years ago and got the same warranty then. They also price match.

Shinobi273
06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Are you sure they aren't mailing you the label? If they e-mailed it to you, it would be no different from your choosing the option to print it right there.

jules the great
06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
This is the only reason why im happy to also play my PS3 too. Even tho we have 2 slim xbox's, 1 older xbox and a Wii. That PS3 will be my saving grace if my slim ever goes out *knock on wood*

StillTIPPIN187
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
i wouldnt exactly say they are 'far from whisper quiet'. Thats just misleading. The slims arnt that loud when running a disk, its certainly not loud enough to alarm some one that something is off compared to its ordinary volume.

I have 3 slims, one has ALL games installed on it, one has none, and I only install AAA games on the other. None of them make enough sound that i would say its noisy, however its still obvious that there is a disk spinning when reading from a disk

Idk, Every slim and regular xbox ive come across has a loud DVD drive when playing straight from disc.. And yes, compared to the nicely made PS3, its loud! lol. But like you said its not a big fucking noise but its certainly noticeable across the room.

Hell, even the power brick on the slim is makes a racket from the fan in that.

But installing games to the HDD is actually pretty whisper quiet, Quieter than my PS3 actually. I always install games. Xbox is full of too much cheap hardware to not install them.

My slim is infact Whisper quiet. Well the console is, the power bricks another story. I have all games installed on my HD and sitting about 4-5ft away from it you can't hear anything. Even now with a game in and playing i can only hear the console if i put my ear to the fan.

The power brick on the other hand is very noisy.

This is why your console is quiet. Your installing the games. The way you should :) But if you dont you have a loud ass machine that sounds like a plane taking off :p

and yup. the power brick is louder than the console playing with installed games.

dragonpwnr99
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I think you guys have some broken consoles because mine is quiet. Not totally quiet but nothing like my original xbox 360 pro. I only have few games installed and when hose are playing all I hear us the fan which isn't very noticeable over the game sound, and even if I play rom re disk which I usually do it is still barely noticeable! My power brick is silent, at least I don't remember ever hearin it before. Now when I had my original 20GB 260 pro THAT sounded like a plane taking off!