PDA

View Full Version : Original Xbox Games Not Working

ManCowBear
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
So I go to play Halo CE(from disc), on my arcade xbox 360 with 250 gb harddrive, and when I go to play it a pop up comes up that says "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." So I try another original Xbox game and it does it again but then when I went over to my friends house, who has a xbox with a 60 gb harddrive, I played fine no problems at all.
I was just wandering if this has happened to anyone else and if they new how to fix it.

Son of Kyuss
06-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Did you download the compatibility update? Halo: CE should work as it's listed as compatible, what was the other game you tried?

ManCowBear
06-20-2011, 10:43 PM
My console is fully updated and the other game was Star Wars Battlefront 2

Son of Kyuss
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Seems this problem is common amongst unofficial hard drives. The error is associated with a missing partition that official Xbox hard drives have. Did you buy this harddrive second hand?

ManCowBear
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Yah, I bought off of woot.

ManCowBear
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM
That makes senses I guess thanks for your help

Elit3 m0nkey
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Did you download the compatibility update? Halo: CE should work as it's listed as compatible, what was the other game you tried?

You don't need an update for Halo CE. When MS released the 360 they made sure it BC with Halo and Halo 2. I remember playing Halo 2 all the time on my 360 before I got Xbox LIVE.

gamerguy69
06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Yah, I bought off of woot.

Where exactly? Was it brand new in retail packaging?

I know woot has a message board section that lists other deals that are away from the woot.com official
site.

It does sound like it's an unofficial third party drive. I got the same error with one I got from eBay even though the seller had expressly stated it was 100% genuine and official but then later disclosed to me that he bought it from a different seller from eBay as well.

StillTIPPIN187
06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
You have an unofficial hard drive.. Did you buy off ebay?

Some sellers actually sell the good HDDs with the file sto play OG xbox games.. i got a unofficial slim HDD off ebay for dirt cheap but i made sure the listing stated they added the other partition to store the emulator files to run the OG xbox games.

JMNELSON
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Hard drive is the issue. I do ALL my game saves on my hard drive. In fact I just put Halo CE in about 10 minutes ago to play and it was good to go. :) Hope you resolved your issue!

ManCowBear
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Where exactly? Was it brand new in retail packaging?

I know woot has a message board section that lists other deals that are away from the woot.com official
site.

It does sound like it's an unofficial third party drive. I got the same error with one I got from eBay even though the seller had expressly stated it was 100% genuine and official but then later disclosed to me that he bought it from a different seller from eBay as well.

It was sent from Japan for $50. It was brand new it just was not in the xbox package. It came in a small box

gamerguy69
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
It was sent from Japan for $50. It was brand new it just was not in the xbox package. It came in a small box

I still don't understand how you say you bought this from woot.

I suppose it was a deal posted on woot but from a 3rd party seller. I don't recall woot.com listing a 250GB HDD in recent weeks.

I know they usually do the 1 deal, 1 day thing and there are other deals that users can submit to be posted.

Last I recall, woot had a New 60GB Starter Kit for $45 shipped. Included HDD, headset, 3 month LIVE card, and ethernet cable. About 6 weeks ago.

StillTIPPIN187
06-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Like i said you have an unofficial Microsoft Hard drive.. Some ppl dont make the necessary partition in them to run the Xbox1 Emulation files.. Some ppl do.

Apparently the person who made yours left it out.