PDA

View Full Version : Trailer on xboxlive - glossy but looks dull gameplay wise...

theNomad
06-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Just seen the E3 trailer on xboxlive all that came to my mind was... after the nice high crafted cgi cutscenes is this really all they can offer !!! it looks like a typical hit (Y) (X) (B) (A) at the correct moments hack and slasher with zero strategy or open world environment gameplay involved. Exactly like those dull but glossy Lord Of The Rings movie tie-ins, the ones you felt more like you was watching than actually being part of.

Darth Obnox
07-19-2011, 04:56 AM
I thought the hydra battle looked really promising, but the footage of the guy shlumping around in the dark after that chimera..... less so. :/

An open-world RPG by Capcom is actually something I wanted to see for a while. I'll hold out hope that this is the beginning of a trend. I kind of thought this was going to be the direction they would take Breath of Fire after what they did in the last one on the PS2. An RPG series that incorporates survival, trap-making, fishing and hunting, town building, etc sort of lends itself to an open-world gameplay direction.

Welsh Killa B
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
do any of you at any point in time ever owned a PSP , their was a game i played on that year ago called monster hunter? . .

it was an amazing alternate style rpg , where you improve armour/weapons - hunt - fish - mine , spend money on towns like the guy above me said . . .

if this was like that, but with some included giants style monsters , it would have to be a day one buy . .

plus if it included a drop in drop out co-op mode . . it would even make pre-order!

neonistje
09-18-2011, 09:53 AM
I think this game looks very promising especially the shadow of the colossus gameplay mixed into it.

If this game would be released at the same time with Skyrim(which it isn't) I would have taken Dragon's Dogma if I only could chose one.

Im not saying that Skyrim is bad,gonna get it anyway but i hope the area's are not al that snowy it reminds me to much of WoW;Wotlk which is a bad thing for me ;)

JGar77
11-04-2011, 01:46 AM
If this game would be released at the same time with Skyrim(which it isn't) I would have taken Dragon's Dogma if I only could chose one.

I respect Dragon's Dogma simply for not being a sequel, and if I were to have to pick between Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim, I would go with Dogma.

Because its a bold, new IP, I've been trying to get hyped for it. But it looks like a combination of Greek mythology, Medieval European mythology, and "modern" generic fantasy. Something doesn't fit--the generic fantasy element. I really would prefer if it was a fantasy version of Medieval Europe, as in fantasy the way Medieval Europe saw it, not a modern take on Medieval mythology. Hopefully that makes sense.

Despite not being too into it, the new IP has a strong pull, like it did with Bulletstorm--but ultimately my distaste for Bulletstorm could not overcome the fact that the title didn't end in a 2 or 3.

This is the larger problem; every game, it seems, is either a sequel, or a not-that-great original title...

You know what? Dragon's Dogma needs a demo :)

Darth Bambrox
12-15-2011, 11:44 PM
have to say that this game looks pretty freakin sweet! loving the shadow of the colossus type boss fights and who doesnt like a good old fashioned hack n slash? looks nicely polished too, hoping the voice acting is as top drawer as the game looks, looks like the type of game you could really immerse yourself into, 2012 cannot arrive soon enough! :)

WartyHogger
02-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I've always wanted to try Shadow of the Colossus but never got around to it, seems like I'll be able to on the 360. Does look interesting, any RPG with character customization is a plus in my book, even if it is very minimum.