PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 elite auto log in problem

darkmikasonfire
06-21-2011, 02:04 AM
well because of the change on xbox.com's website, i can't access the forums or anything else, which is stupid. but anyways.
just within the past 2-5 days my 360 stopped auto logging me in, i went to check the settings in my profile, and it says it still has me set to auto log in. i've had the console for just a one or two months more than a year. so i'm not sure what the problem with it is.

anyone else have this problem, if so how did you fix it?

spyder2g
06-21-2011, 03:51 AM
Does someone else have a profile on the Xbox that is set to auto login too? I know you can only set one per console and it probably goes by the last person to set it.

darkmikasonfire
06-21-2011, 10:55 PM
no i'm the only person with an account on the xbox, other than my "player1" account, which is not set to auto log in, i checked that too, that's why it baffles me so much.

Wildmn34
06-22-2011, 01:32 AM
well because of the change on xbox.com's website, i can't access the forums or anything else, which is stupid. but anyways.
just within the past 2-5 days my 360 stopped auto logging me in, i went to check the settings in my profile, and it says it still has me set to auto log in. i've had the console for just a one or two months more than a year. so i'm not sure what the problem with it is.

anyone else have this problem, if so how did you fix it?

You can still access the forums, they are just hidden on the actual xbox.com website behind 3 or four links that you have to jump through and the actual forums are a complete and utter mess. They were designed by a chimpanzee with ADHD smoking meth.

Trust me, you are not missing anything over there. The re-design (if you want to call it that) is the reason I am here. I chose to find a different forum to spend my time on.

Enough about that.

Maybe your best bet would be to delete your profile (and any other profile) from the xbox and then recover your profile so it's the only one on the hard drive and restart it and see if that works. Then you can recover other profiles as necessary.

If you do that though, just delete the profile not profile and content as that will delete your save files too.

darkmikasonfire
06-22-2011, 02:21 AM
You can still access the forums, they are just hidden on the actual xbox.com website behind 3 or four links that you have to jump through and the actual forums are a complete and utter mess. They were designed by a chimpanzee with ADHD smoking meth.

Trust me, you are not missing anything over there. The re-design (if you want to call it that) is the reason I am here. I chose to find a different forum to spend my time on.

Enough about that.

Maybe your best bet would be to delete your profile (and any other profile) from the xbox and then recover your profile so it's the only one on the hard drive and restart it and see if that works. Then you can recover other profiles as necessary.

If you do that though, just delete the profile not profile and content as that will delete your save files too.

how do i delete the profile and nothing else? is that where one goes to the memory section and pushes "Y" or whatever?

Wildmn34
06-22-2011, 02:59 AM
how do i delete the profile and nothing else? is that where one goes to the memory section and pushes "Y" or whatever?

Go to the Dashboard.

My Xbox - scroll all the way to the right - click System Settings - click Memory - click your hard drive where the profiles are - click Gamer Profiles - click the profile you want to delete - click Delete - you will see three options:

Delete Profile only (this is the one you want)
Delete Profile and Items (DON'T CLICK THIS ONE)
Cancel

Delete the profile(s). Restart your Xbox and recover your profile that you want to auto sign-in.

That should clear things up for you.

Hope that helps.

darkmikasonfire
06-22-2011, 06:28 AM
i'll try this tomorrow morning, err this morning when i wake up (i may have only had my account for a little over a year but i have tons of cheevos and such that will need to pop back up), also does this get rid of avatar items that i have? and does it get rid of any of my saved avatar clothing sets that i've saved (when you make an outfit and save it to easily and quickly put it back on your avatar)?