PDA

View Full Version : achievement ideas

xxx orange
06-21-2011, 02:53 AM
what do all of you guys who read this think about the achievments. I cannot think of any myself but I am sure lots of you guys could and I want to see how many posts i get with this thread. thanks.

DarkReign2021
06-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Aside from the generic "Beat Levels" and "Beat on X difficulty" achievements, we don't really know enough of anything to even begin guessing. To be honest, it's not even a 100% guarantee this game will be a first person shooter. We're not likely to know that until next month When they announce more details at Halo Fest on Bungie Day (7/7/11)

fax5jrj
06-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Aside from the generic "Beat Levels" and "Beat on X difficulty" achievements, we don't really know enough of anything to even begin guessing. To be honest, it's not even a 100% guarantee this game will be a first person shooter. We're not likely to know that until next month When they announce more details at Halo Fest on Bungie Day (7/7/11)

That goes a little overboard.

Obviously it's gonna be first person. Many people prefer first person shooters over third person shooters any day. Many of said people play Halo.

(I don't mind TPS, but I don't like strategy games. (Halo Wars)

DarkReign2021
06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
While what you say is true about most of the fans being FPS players, but keep in mind that even knowing that, they STILL released an RTS on the console. 343's job is not to clone the Halo serious to a point of driving it into the ground. It's their job to create and commission any Halo-related object that might be beneficial to the Halo series. Whether or not one likes the RTS genre, Halo Wars was undeniably good for a console RTS and it still stands as canon within the Halo universe. So in the future if they come up with a way to do another RTS or TPS or perhaps even an RPG, Mech Shooter, or platformer, they won't hesitate to do it.

Myself personally, I wouldn't be surprised in the future to see a Halo-related Gears Clone... or perhaps more closely related to Rainbow Vegas with the cover system, squad commands, etc...

SuperSkyline89
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
While what you say is true about most of the fans being FPS players, but keep in mind that even knowing that, they STILL released an RTS on the console. 343's job is not to clone the Halo serious to a point of driving it into the ground. It's their job to create and commission any Halo-related object that might be beneficial to the Halo series. Whether or not one likes the RTS genre, Halo: Reach was undeniably good for a console RTS and it still stands as canon within the Halo universe. So in the future if they come up with a way to do another RTS or TPS or perhaps even an RPG, Mech Shooter, or platformer, they won't hesitate to do it.

I think you meant Halo Wars?

As for Halo 4, I'd say being part of a Halo trilogy and including Master Chief pretty much rules out it being an RTS or any obscure game type. It's definitely a shooter. And frankly I think that also guarantees it being an FPS. Yes they experimented with Halo Wars but that was (so far) a standalone game so they could afford to take that risk, to gauge fan reaction. The first game in a trilogy is no place to takes these kinds of risks, they'd be jeopardizing the next two games in the series.

DarkReign2021
06-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I think you meant Halo Wars?

As for Halo 4, I'd say being part of a Halo trilogy and including Master Chief pretty much rules out it being an RTS or any obscure game type. It's definitely a shooter. And frankly I think that also guarantees it being an FPS. Yes they experimented with Halo Wars but that was (so far) a standalone game so they could afford to take that risk, to gauge fan reaction. The first game in a trilogy is no place to takes these kinds of risks, they'd be jeopardizing the next two games in the series.

... stupid exhaustion. Yes, Halo Wars.

And I would definitely say it's can be safely called out as a shooter as well. I was just making the point that they are aiming to expand beyond the FPS genre. They're expressed that Interest ever since Halo 1 became the Xbox's Killer App. And in contrast to the final part of your post, actually the first in a trilogy is the perfect time to change things up. People aren't invested in the trilogy yet. You're going to put your ideas out and you'll be able to gauge people's reaction. If enough people like it, you keep going with it. If there's not enough positive reaction, than you can go back to your previous style in the sequel (which for lore nuts like me, would force me to buy the first game even if it's terrible just so I can be caught up... not that I wouldn't have already beaten it 2 million times anyway. Bad game or not, it's still Halo. If I can force my way through H3's Campaign, I can do anything.)

The unfortunate side of this "new trilogy" is that people aren't going to look at it as that. For the Campaign side, most of the community just sees this as the 4th (well, 7th) game in the series continuing where we left off (and most people will no doubt be disappointed by the fact that we're not just mindlessly slaughtering religiously genocidal aliens this time around.) As for Multiplayer, they don't care. As long as they can shoot each other and keep track of their K/D ratio, they don't care if this is Halo 4 or Halo 43. So even if they wanted to experiment with a new trilogy or even just a spin-off, they're still going to catch flak (I still remember the number of people that pissed and raved that ODST and Halo Wars didn't have multiplayer even though one was just an expansion pack and the other was a spinoff with a different genre... God forbid you get stuck with a Halo game where you can't mindless shoot your buddies.)

SuperSkyline89
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
And in contrast to the final part of your post, actually the first in a trilogy is the perfect time to change things up. People aren't invested in the trilogy yet. You're going to put your ideas out and you'll be able to gauge people's reaction. If enough people like it, you keep going with it. If there's not enough positive reaction, than you can go back to your previous style in the sequel (which for lore nuts like me, would force me to buy the first game even if it's terrible just so I can be caught up... not that I wouldn't have already beaten it 2 million times anyway. Bad game or not, it's still Halo. If I can force my way through H3's Campaign, I can do anything.)

That's exactly the problem. They can't make a new game that relies on hardcore fans alone. They need to constantly expand the fanbase. Halo 4 can't be a bad game, regardless of whether people think of this as the start of a new trilogy or not, screwing up does Microsoft no good and involves huge risk.

343 has all the opportunity in the world to test new genres outside of this trilogy, they have like 3 years between each of the main games after all. ODST was a small step outside the norm and Halo Wars was a whole new direction and both without threatening the main trilogy. That's how Microsoft has already experimented and they'll continue to do so.

fax5jrj
06-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Myself personally, I wouldn't be surprised in the future to see a Halo-related Gears Clone... or perhaps more closely related to Rainbow Vegas with the cover system, squad commands, etc...

Uhmm, that could work out, actually. But with Master Chief, it's always gonna be first person.

I personally think Gears is for the people who mindlessly like to tear people to shreds with a chainsaw, but I still think if they did it right, it would be fun. As for RPG, I can only see them doing something like Prey 2, or maybe life as a forerunner? Ever since I finished reading Cryptum, I can't stop thinking about how amazing a game about Bornstellar, or just a forerunner in general would be. Maybe that could be the next Halo trilogy. :)

SuperSkyline89
06-22-2011, 06:03 AM
Honestly I think Microsoft would say no to a Halo game being Third Person simply because of Gears of War.

It's simple business. Car companies make different types of cars because they don't want internal competition. Volkswagens are kept at a lower price point than Audis very carefully because they don't want people to cross-shop them. The Porsche Cayman (aside from special editions like the R) is never allowed to be as fast as the 911 for the exact same reason.

Obviously games are far cheaper than cars and most people are likely to buy both Gears and Halo but the same idea holds true. The two games have very different feels and a huge part of that (aside from the blatant blood and gore in Gears) is the FPS vs. TPS angle. There's no need to take Halo down the TPS road just like there's no reason to take Gears down the FPS road.

xxx orange
06-22-2011, 08:12 AM
it seems to me that this thread has got out of hands as people are now starting to talk about rts and fps instead of making up and posting ideas for the game.I think for this thread we should say its fps and just post ideas. I know its awhile away but this thread is just for fun and to see what people can think of

n1ck3sixty
06-28-2011, 09:41 AM
it seems to me that this thread has got out of hands as people are now starting to talk about rts and fps instead of making up and posting ideas for the game.I think for this thread we should say its fps and just post ideas. I know its awhile away but this thread is just for fun and to see what people can think of

^ 100% spot on.
From achievement ideas, to talking about a Gears/Halo hybrid and finally comparing cars to games.... (was a good point raised Skyline, A+ for effective examples!)

OT: We really need to find out more about the game before we can start guessing. But more Vidmaster-Style ones would be welcomed by me. Although some (Endure and Annual.... Looking at you....) were a pain in the a$$, having these cheevs across multiple games, and adding in an invective (Recon) at the end was really rewarding. Although after ODST came out it wasn't long for every man and his dog to have recon, it still felt awesome!

Some variety away from 'Pick up a medi kit' would be nice. Prehaps a.....

"Spartans never die son...." Go through the entire Campaign without dying

".... they are just MIA" Die in a dramatic way? ( Or maybe could relate to a friendly Spartan getting killed in Campaign? If there are others in this game?)

"Unnecessary Bloodshed" Betray your team mates 10 times in Campaign or MP

"Sneaky Spartan......." Use only assassinations, snipers and pistols to clear a mission.

"Hellfire Heretic" Kill x number of enemies with a Rocket, Grenade, Target Locator, other big weapon?

"Economically Friendly!" Fire no shots throughout an entire mission (So use only melee, or team mates)

"Me love you long time!" Snipe or Stick a (insert enemy name here) in the groin.

Its hard to create more interesting ones cause we dont know where, who or whats going on!!! Will have to think of more when we find out more!

theNomad
06-30-2011, 01:24 AM
:uzi: I can't see anything other than a fps, suicidal to change a core release game style. If they want to mess around let them do offshoots later anyone for...
Halo Sports - grifball/grunt head tennis/shooting range/jetpack high jump.
Halo Universe - a 3rd person mmorpg styled action game
Halo Tournament - a arena based 1 v 1 beat'em shoot'em up
Halo Kart - grab ya warthogs
... But they'll keep HALO 4 to what we know and want.

___________________[back to Achievement topic]___________________

haha @n1ck3sixty

"Unnecessary Bloodshed" Betray your team mates 10 times in Campaign or MP

That would be really funny, yet so harsh because every now and then you'd get this trigger happy newb wanting his unlock, meaning whole teams with minus scores after getting revenge on him.

It is too soon to really come up with great ideas and names as we don't know what to expect, I just hope to god we don't get Halo 3 skull & terminals/ODST audio log collecting achievements, its not what fps is about, they should save collect'em up type play for platformers.

I'd like to see more of an aspect towards multiplay nothing extreme like 25g for becoming Eclipse ranked, but small 10g things for do-able things like opening kill or 10g for opening/closing kill in a game.

For those harder achievements I'd to see more armour unlocks or avatar rewards, what about something great for doing it legendary like unlocking a new xbox theme or even a legendary map.

babymilo91
06-30-2011, 04:06 AM
that will be messed up if it was third person shooter, but for sure there will be "beat ____ on ____ difficulty" and probably achievements with a certain amount of kills with a certain weapon

thewhitefox2000
06-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Dual Assassination- Do a Two man Assassination on a Hunter

Shaved Baby
07-02-2011, 04:17 AM
In campaign, you should be able to change your armor up, like in Reach, and completing different tasks in the story mode should unlock pieces of armor. One achievement should be unlocking all of the armor in campaign.

Same goes for the multiplayer. There should be an achievement for unlocking all multiplayer armor.

Darkforce412
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
i agree that would be stupid it they didnt stick to the original gameplay so they have to keep it in first FPS

PrinceOfThralls
07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
"A real friend" -50G (Story related)(secret)
Turn Cortana into a human female.

??? -50G (misc)(secret)
Bang the new Cortana hard!

Remember my post when it actually will happen...well the first at least. Also, sorry for spoiling it.

xxx orange
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
lol.
hopfully they have skulls because i remember them in halo 3 and man they were fun to find!!!
addict: play for 3 hours staight.
like a pro:kill 150 enemys without dieing on campaign.
how the he...:teabag 100 enemys.
who did that!!:"accadentily"kill 10 allies.
take this cod!!!play for 24 hours total.
teabagger pro:teabag 200 enemys.
lol anyway thats all i have for now.

Killtastrophe001
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
As like all halo games

Beat levels and Difficulty Settings

Multiplayer Achievements - Kill with this certain weapon

ALWAYS Miscellaneous Achievements

Maybe collecting something? (Skulls/Foreunner artifacts

These are achievements expected in halo games

Spengler PhD
10-09-2011, 01:20 AM
The typical missions, difficulty, maybe some weapon-related ones, and maybe multiplayer and rank achievements.

RBmaster9345
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Too early to have any info to make guesses on.

TheFritzProject
01-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Campaign Difficulty Achievements (Of Course)

Collectible Achievements like skulls and terminals etc

Achievement Names and Ideas:

25G - The Ten Betrayals - Betray Ten Allies (Campaign/Multiplayer)
50G - Complete any mission on Heroic or Legendary without dying
50G - Complete all missions (Co-Op) On Heroic or Legendary
75G - Complete all missions (Solo) on Heroic or Legendary

Just ideas guys :) :uzi::eek:

ajennice
01-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Since we don't know 1 thing about this any idea could be valid.

25g for blowing up the death star.
Kill Pinhead with a headbutt -50g

In all seriousness tho, i hope they just make the cheives FUN and challenging.. None of the get all the planets in line to be done cheives...

The MP cheives from Reach (anniv/def DLC) were pains.. specific maps, specific variants, had to have a full party with all maps...etc. Maybe Mpcheives as ranks, total kills, win in a FF match....Triple double = HARD... 10 assists, 10 headshots, and less then 10 deaths....

We'll see.