PDA

View Full Version : Win Archenemy glitch

WonderCaliban
06-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Saw this on GameFAQS posted by someone called lunaphila (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=624321&topic=59506776&user=297007), not tried it myself. I've beaten Archenemy, but it may be useful to others. This is cut/paste straight from their thread.

Are you having difficulty beating a certain Archenemy campaign? Here's how to do it "the easy way!"

1) Start the Planeswalker Archenemy duel that you're trying to complete.
2) Before you start the game, press RT to make it co-op multiplayer.
3) Quit that multiplayer game immediately.
4) Press B for Back, then start a Multiplayer Custom Match (I did this on Player Match).
5) Select a game, then play it.
6) If you beat that Player Match, YOU GET CREDIT FOR THE ARCHENEMY DUEL you were trying to complete earlier!

(I did not lost my Player Matches tonight--you probably don't get credit for the Archenemy campaign if you lose that Player Match. Just rinse and repeat the process).

I've done this about four times tonight to advance my Archenemy Campaign. *WARNING* I wouldn't do this for the final, Nicol Bolas Archenemy duel though. Just beat that one the old fashioned way to unlock the Archenemy campaign completion achievement.

Have fun breezing through your Archenemy campaigns!

IC3 L3G3ND
06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
After having my game not save in multiplayer and register the win multiple time i have beaten all apart from Nicol Bolas and i finally beat him today and no save and no achievement.

I just tried your method against him by playing my friend in multiplayer and got the achievement for beating the archenemy campaign

Rashaka1
06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I attempted to recreate this as well and had no luck.

Primarch Akurei
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
While that's a swell bug you found there. You'd be better off learning the proper strats/deck builds for the game. Than trying to circumvent the game itself. Unless you really are just bad at the game and dying for achievs...

Jace x3 makes pretty much every one of them easy mode.
Kiora is ez mode with Mech x3

/shrug

WonderCaliban
06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
While that's a swell bug you found there. You'd be better off learning the proper strats/deck builds for the game.

I haven't tried it. Already beat the game myself. Just found it on GameFAQS and reposted.

BigDaddy Rick
06-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought it was pretty easy with x3 elf deck (g/b)

CMANDR
06-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Heh, didn't even think about tripling up on illusions. That is just mean!

Primarch Akurei
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
I haven't tried it. Already beat the game myself. Just found it on GameFAQS and reposted.

Wasn't directing my comment towards you specifically (all for the dissemination of information). Was more of a general comment for anyone that actually would need to use said information hehe.