PDA

View Full Version : Majornelson.com looks to have been taken offline!

GDMFS0AB
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Could it have been hacked now?

KNUCKS x360a
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry, but if there is one person/place in the world I want to see hacked, its MajorNelson!...

"OH Nooo's, We cant see what candy bar he's gonna eat today"
:p :p

timmeh9
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry, but if there is one person/place in the world I want to see hacked, its MajorNelson!...

"OH Nooo's, We cant see what candy bar he's gonna eat today"
:p :p

Amen to this. Everyone on Twitter gets a hard-on when he Tweets something.

GDMFS0AB
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM

MEGA LOL!

I don't get idolisation some people recieve.

CyberPunch83
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
We have a name for the people that get aforementioned hard-ons for major nelson. We call them fanboys. Generally regarded just above trolls, the fanboy will wait for hours and days on end for the slightest shred of news about the game/person/franchise they have so inexplicably built their excuse for alife around.

MagicMurderBag7
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM
i dont much care for MajorNelson the guy but his site did have the Deal of the Week and i would like to see this weeks. He Tweeted that it was PopCap content but the site won't load. Does anyone know what exactly is on sale and how much its on sale for. I've been waiting for the Peggel DLC.

institutions
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
>site goes down once
>must be hackers

timmeh9
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I believe they are:

"Save on Popcap titles on Xbox Live this week. Plants Vs Zombies 600 points; Zuma, Feeding Frenzy & Bejewelled Blitz 200 points. Peggle 400"

timmeh9
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
i dont much care for MajorNelson the guy but his site did have the Deal of the Week and i would like to see this weeks. He Tweeted that it was PopCap content but the site won't load. Does anyone know what exactly is on sale and how much its on sale for. I've been waiting for the Peggel DLC.

I believe they are:

"Save on Popcap titles on Xbox Live this week. Plants Vs Zombies 600 points; Zuma, Feeding Frenzy & Bejewelled Blitz 200 points. Peggle 400"

EDIT: Apologies for the double post.

MagicMurderBag7
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
I believe they are:

EDIT: Apologies for the double post.
Thanks for the response.

Well thats useless for me i already have all of them on disc. PvZ comes with Peggel and Zuma and Feeding Frenzy and Bejewelled are both on arcade compilation discs.

Edit: Its up now and it looks like the Peggel DLC is on sale.
Her is the full list:

PopCap Collection Original Price Discounted Price Discount
Plants vs. Zombie 1200 600 50%
Peggle 800 400 50%
Peggle Nights 400 200 50%
Zuma 400 200 50%
Feeding Frenzy 400 200 50%
Feeding Frenzy 2 800 400 50%
Bejeweled 2 800 400 50%
Bejeweled Blitz Live 800 200 75%
Heavy Weapon 800 400 50%

i got squeezed
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Probably took it down to work on it. Who knows

KNIGHTOFSERA
06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Probably took it down to work on it. Who knows

exactly theyve redesigned the site like 3 times already in the past couple of months why not another

oh btw it seems to be back up

2001ChevyZ71
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Do any of ya'll have major nelson's email address?

Tatanko
06-21-2011, 06:00 PM
It was never down any of the times that I've checked it today. Not sure why it's necessary to flip out about some site maintenance...

For the record, I could care less about the guy, but the news that he posts sometimes (Deal of the Week, announcements about betas, etc.) is worth checking his site at least once a day. I'm not even on Twitter.

TheRedComet
06-21-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't much care for the guy either. I thought he was ok and Majors Minute was an ok update for some news I may have missed but I didn't care for his personality. It seems like someone like me should have his job, not someone in their mid-40s. Also when he wore a full-on hardcore suit to E3 one year I couldn't believe it. Dude just comes off as un-cool and like he's trying to act young or something. Tina Wood is way better. Anyone remember the girl who used to do the Community Spotlight? I remember she was on maternity leave and never came back. Guess they realized that the job title "community manager" is really just a highly payed and glorified forum moderator. She was cooler than Major as well.

litepink
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Naturally after the CIA...hackers would aim for majornelson.com :P

Be like Osama Bin Laden running planes into the Twin Towers...and then my local Arby's

Starstrukk X360A
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
It could be it's just a redesign or something.

Also, I follow Major Nelson on Twitter, but I don't flip out over him or anything. He's just a cool guy, and I like him as a person, not because he's associated with gaming or anything.

Ice Car
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Let's see...

http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec

Nope, they mentioned nothing of the sort. Just because a site goes down doesn't mean it got hacked.

niko da bos
06-21-2011, 10:03 PM

i have yet to see the big deal with twitter. its like a FB where people post the status, only its a "tweet"? seems very childish to me, and the only poeple i know who follow tweeters are those celebrity junkies.

Melanopterus
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
You know I don't hate Major Nelson but I don't get the appeal... His voice is annoying and he just... He's not good at all the gaming stuff he does.

Honestly I think the extreme hatred for him does get a little out of hand but I really really wish he'd just go away from the gaming world, though I know that's never going to happen.

SwizzlesMum
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM
i have yet to see the big deal with twitter. its like a FB where people post the status, only its a "tweet"? seems very childish to me, and the only poeple i know who follow tweeters are those celebrity junkies.

I gave in and signed up to sample twitter on the weekend. Ive decided to delete my account because i dont care, have no interest in checking in on it, and i feel that it will be a live spoiler machine for MMA events.

Back on subject, I check Major Nelsons site each morning to see if any demos have been released. Thats about it.

gamerguy69
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
I gave in and signed up to sample twitter on the weekend. Ive decided to delete my account because i dont care, have no interest in checking in on it, and i feel that it will be a live spoiler machine for MMA events.

Back on subject, I check Major Nelsons site each morning to see if any demos have been released. Thats about it.

I use Twitter just as kind of a "news" feed for what interests me.

I follow about 20 people (yes, Major Nelson), "news" organizations, or companies.

Just this weekend I was able to score an XBLA beta just for asking. Ms. Splosion Man, btw. :woop:

I usually don't post many statuses and nobody follows me -- like I care. :p

Foxxy kyle
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM

Meh its not really like Facebook. Facebook you post statuses which is a state of condition, well at least that's what you're supposed to post even though most people post stupid crap and lyrics. On twitter you post what you are doing at the time. Now I don't like twitter at all and I don't think anyone really cares that you are currently in the car on your way to the movies. But just thought id point that out. at least that's how they're supposed to be used.

Burning Karma
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Anyone remember the girl who used to do the Community Spotlight? I remember she was on maternity leave and never came back. Guess they realized that the job title "community manager" is really just a highly payed and glorified forum moderator. She was cooler than Major as well.
Trixie? She still works there. I think.

As for Major Nelson, he seems like a cool dude. I'm not gonna hate on the dude for being passionate about gaming.

And about Twitter: it's a good way to get updated on news quickly. It's largely replaced typical news for me; I find out about big events much more quickly thanks to the people I follow.

TemporalWizard
06-22-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm not really sure what the op is talking about. I've been able to connect to the site all day. Maybe it was just a browser hiccup.

As for Twitter, I don't follow people for there statuses. I follow people for news and free stuff. I've gotten several codes from some of the game studio accounts.

TheRedComet
06-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Trixie? She still works there. I think.

As for Major Nelson, he seems like a cool dude. I'm not gonna hate on the dude for being passionate about gaming.

And about Twitter: it's a good way to get updated on news quickly. It's largely replaced typical news for me; I find out about big events much more quickly thanks to the people I follow.

Yeah, that's her. Man I could not remember her name.

Gackt
06-22-2011, 03:04 AM
naturally after the cia...hackers would aim for majornelson.com :p

be like osama bin laden running planes into the twin towers...and then my local arby's

lol!!!!!!!!!

Worhammer
06-22-2011, 06:14 AM
I like Major Nelson cause he gives away free stuff.

So far, I've gotten 2 XBLA games from him, 1 from @playXBLA, a free Noble 6 helmet from @halowaypoint, and some other random stuff from other people.

So as far as I'm concerned, twitter rules and Major Nelson is an ok guy. Not like I'm in love with him, but anybody who gives me free stuff can't be all bad :P

StillTIPPIN187
06-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Be like Osama Bin Laden running planes into the Twin Towers...and then my local Arby's

Lol. This for sure.

Tatanko
06-22-2011, 01:49 PM

The funny part about that is, my local Arby's has had a car driven through a wall into the lobby twice in the last two years. Not even joking. I could only find the one article, though:

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/11/13/2337434/police-driver-drunk-speeding.html#storylink=misearch

AltruismIsDead
06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
I used to enjoy MajorNelson's videos way back on the older Xbox Live dashboard videos, before there was videos for everything under the sun.

Only time he really annoys me is when he does his "Crazy Larry" act... I just want to see what deals they have for XBLA not some over the top (and not even remotely funny) advertisement.

I know a lot of people hate him, I don't understand why, it's cool enough that the head of xbox live services (thats him isn't it? either way) does a little pod cast with up dates and gives us info about whats going on.

I don't follow his site nor his twitter posts since I really don't find him that interesting, but after his account was hacked and they caught the kid, I am sure it wouldn't be smart to try and hack him again. But then again the internet isn't known for having common sense...