PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof Windshield Video Guide

BillyBobTwo
06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Found this:

YouTube - ‪LA Noire - Achievement Guide - Nicholson Electroplating DLC - Bulletproof Windshield‬‏

jpg30
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
cheers, never realised there was a tommy gun in the boot of the car.

came in handy as the cars were going too fast to take them out with the pistol.

KNUCKS x360a
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Nice 1! :)

Got it on my 3rd try thanks to this vid. (although I missed the first car & got the third instead)

HATRID
06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
the first car doesn't count towards the achievement it's just the second and third

YhoJo Kinson
06-21-2011, 07:32 PM
First car worked for me and after doing so got the achievement straight away without having to go for the second driver.

BillyBobTwo
06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
the first car doesn't count towards the achievement it's just the second and third

I got it on first and second, and it was done on first and second in the video.

Jekyll
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
It's possible on all cars indeed, I can't believe I didn't think of the tommy gun though, made it alot easier, cheers Billy. Such a great case right?

Eggnogga
06-21-2011, 11:05 PM
What an absolute piece of shit achievement. My God. I've tried this probably 25 times and can't even hit the driver. It constantly auto-aims no matter how light I touch LT. Why does this game has such a tendency to throw in these types of achievements?!

DropDeadArtemus
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM

I got this only shooting the drivers of cars 1&2. Car 1 is probably the easiest car to shoot then just take your pick on either 2 or 3.

SuperSkyline89
06-22-2011, 01:00 AM

And yet the video clearly showed whoever was playing get the achievement after shooting the first two.

SIXTY8 IOWEYOU1
06-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Thank you for this video i got in after 3 attempts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D4 B1GD0G
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the video helped a lot.

Muse89
06-22-2011, 12:53 PM
This achievement is driving me insane. its the only one ive had any trouble with in the entire game. The car that comes from the road along the left i cant seem to kill headon, so i waiting til he was stopping and unloaded on him, but he still gets out the car and just instantly drops dead. I was loving this game, now i cant wait to be done with it

Annalie
06-22-2011, 01:35 PM
This achievement is driving me insane. its the only one ive had any trouble with in the entire game. The car that comes from the road along the left i cant seem to kill headon, so i waiting til he was stopping and unloaded on him, but he still gets out the car and just instantly drops dead. I was loving this game, now i cant wait to be done with it

It takes a few tries but its really not that hard, when you get there pull out your Tommy gun from the trunk and quickly kill the guys already out the cars. then quickly position yourself for the last 2 cars because those are the ones you want. after about 10 tries i finally got it:woop: check OE's guide or a fellow thread for some tips.

IEvil IMonkey
06-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I struggled with this cheeve until I tried this method with tommy gun and changing the settings to HIGH for aim help and on the option underneath (I forget its name) set to 1 position right of the centre position :)

Sarsage
06-22-2011, 02:40 PM
For some reason I had a shotgun in the back but it probably made it twice as easy.

NJ x BaNdiT
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Yep, definitely raging on this achievement right now. UGGGHH:uzi:

rdrunr89
06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the video. This was a pain achieve to get. I wound up just grabbing the Tommy out of the trunk right away, kill a couple of guys until the car on the street shows up (car #2), kill him when he gets closer. Then I ran into the base and fired on car #3 to get them both.

One thing, you only need to kill the driver it seems like, because the guy in car #3 got out and my achievement had already popped.

mastercatmen69
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Great Video! I got it on 3rd try after watching that. Killed the driver in the 2nd car (one in street, which is easiest of the 4) and the last one. Really helped knowing where the cars come from and where thy stop. Thompson machine gun is a must on this.

Muse89
06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
I just lucked out on this one. First attempt tonight i managed to only get one driver, second attempt i only got one driver, but in a different car and the achievement popped. I dont know if this is because it doesnt necessarily have to be two all in one life? Or maybe I just got lucky

CrownlessKing
06-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Just remember that you won't have the Tommy Gun in your trunk unless you signed up for the Rockstar Social Club. Otherwise, you just have your pistol.

XPLAYERLG
06-25-2011, 02:35 AM
For those having trouble getting the tommy gun out in time, when you approach the house you can take it out of the trunk there and even though Phelps drops it you can pick it back up when the house is set on fire.

After the chase when the gunfight starts you should have it equipped.

Graivul
06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
This guide got it for me on the 2nd attempt, thanks to the OP.

Problem for me was I had to do the full thing with the pistol as my boot-lid was shot off during the chase, and therefore could open the boot for the other weaponry!

So glad I got it out of the way easier than some poor folk!

EFE Assassin
06-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Oh wow I wish I would have seen this before i did it the hard way, lol

KuShNsTieN
06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
thank you i got on my second and fourth one. tried like 3 times and just rushed to the cars with a shotgun :P

Smurfy1O1
06-30-2011, 04:54 AM
Did anyone else get a shotgun in the trunk besides me?

EDIT: Finally got it having to use the pistol. I ended up accidentally shooting through a civilian when I shot the guy in the second car which failed the mission, but I don't care, I still got this damn achievement :)

Arnold90
07-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah i only had a shotgun... still got the achievement though with the pistol so thanks for the video :)

Friggin
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Thank you for posting this link, this achievement was starting to monumentally piss me off!

Doctor K
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Bravo, dude! Thank you!

Jagger O Riley
07-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice vid! Surprisingly got it first try.

JimsArcade
07-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Thank you! I've been trying to get this achievement for a while. I didn't realize the tommy gun was in the trunk. :D

Chakie
07-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I had some problems doing the same as on the vid since I couldn't kill the driver in the first car with my pistol. After dozen attempts wanted to try it different way. Once the shooting started went and picked up the Tommy Gun from the trunk. After that went a little back on the street and waited for the car to appear. Killed the driver without any problems. Then went back to the base and realized that second car (or 3rd I should say) does not appear untill you enter the base. So went in the middle (to the cetral hangar), shooting some guys on the way and waited for the car, which comes from the left side, to appear. Got the achievement from the first try.

djrapperz
08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I av a stupid fucking shot gun in the boot cant fucking do this grrrr

twztid13
08-07-2011, 01:57 AM
31 attempts. the 2nd car on the road kept turning of early when using the tommy gun. have to wait til right before he gets there to unload. i tried shooting the 2nd car (which i thought was the 1st for the first 20 attempts) with the tommy & that just wasn't working. pistol is way better. thanks for the vid, OP.

i HATE using guides, and cheevys aren't my concern normally, but i wanted all of them for this game. i started looking for map of the reels & coming here when i had 86/95 cars, 24/50 film reels & 11/20 badges with 31 hours of gameplay. this is my 1st playthrough. i did all the DLC missions in order except slip of the tongue (so i still have that to do), but now i'm about to do the last mission.

sadly, you can tell they ripped these mission straight from the game just to sell them, like AC2 did, when you play them in the order the game puts them in when you play the story start to finish. great game!

Breedhate68
02-05-2012, 04:29 AM
where is the fucking tommy gun, Only have a worthless shotgun. If its a suit or something special try informing people about it, if it takes something to spawn the tommy

ChickinOnaChain
02-05-2012, 05:12 AM
This and two tailing achievements are all I need to 100% this game. I came close to this several times but I guess my timing is too slow. And I suck at tailing.