PDA

View Full Version : Is this a "mod"?

gamerguy69
06-22-2011, 07:34 AM
There is something weird going on that I noticed tonight.

I signed in last week and I'll usually go down my list to see who is on or if someone in particular was online the last few hours. I noticed 1 friend who was "last online 1 minute ago". Thought nothing of it. A couple of days later, the same friend, as I am checking my list, was once again, "last online 1 minute ago". I thought wow, a coincidence once again. Hmmmm.

Tonight, the same friend's status was showing like this again. I thought it very weird. I decided to check back a few minutes later and it was still showing him as "last online 1 minute ago".

The whole time I was on his status did not move from "last online 1 minute ago".

Is it something weird with the Xbox servers or his box in particular such as a mod or something he was able to always appear, "last online 1 minute ago".

I'm also friend's with his brother who a few months back was telling me how his brother's gamertag had been "online" playing MOH for the entire day. He told me it was something weird because his brother WASN'T even on his Xbox and it was just showing that. In fact, I saw him playing the same MOH match for a week or more 24/7.

Now it's this "last online 1 minute ago" thing going on. :confused:

Mister Spraggsy
06-22-2011, 07:38 AM
There is a good chance its a glitch. Had a friend who's profile said for about 1 and a half days he was playing multiplayer on Bad Company 2.
He came online and i asked him about it, he had no idea and after he went offline it went back to normal.

Wortsenawl
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a friend who is always showing online 3 hrs ago... this has not changed in over a week. There is indeed some strange goings on, as this very same friend was in a private chat with me and playing Firefight when a message popped up saying "xxx is online" and then "xxx wants to chat", about 30 seconds later he got booted from live. This happened three times in the same evening.

To be clear, xxx is what I replaced his tag with.

niko da bos
06-22-2011, 04:14 PM
ya for some reason i think its a little bugged. i have been playing with a friend on halo 3, and it says "on xbox dashboard," when i look at their GT in party chat. also have been in halo reach lobby, and saw a friend online on the list to the right, but checking on my FL it says "last online one minute ago."

very weird

Wildmn34
06-22-2011, 05:18 PM
The whole "Last online 1 minutes ago" can be attributed to being on the xbox.com forums.

When I used to frequent them, before they were destroyed in their "re-design" I had several people saying they just missed me or something like that when in fact I was never on my xbox but on the forums.

The rest I don't know about, but that 1 min ago thing is most likely forum related.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I have some similar experiences. A lot of times it does not update one of my friends switching from a game to watching a movie on Netflix. It will say they are playing a game, even though they have not in several hours.

star^
06-22-2011, 08:07 PM
As far as i know the xbox.com site reloads all the time, so when signed in to xbox.com and having the computer on all the time this could happend. I do it myself. If you log on to xbox.com and check his status it should appear like "last logged in to xbox.com" That wont show up when checking on the xbox itself.

jules the great
06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Also, and im totally not certain of this....but what if he signed in then quickly changed his status to "Appear Offline"? I do that sometimes, but im not sure how it shows up on my friends dashboards.

Banes
06-24-2011, 07:48 AM
I've actually noticed this happening myself. But me personally being the one who was last online 1 minute ago. Mine is caused from accessing Xbox Live via my WP7.

TVthePunisher
06-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Also, and im totally not certain of this....but what if he signed in then quickly changed his status to "Appear Offline"? I do that sometimes, but im not sure how it shows up on my friends dashboards.

I believe that it shows "Offline" if that's the case. Most of the people on my friends list tell how long they've been offline, but some of them just say Offline. And I have people who are close to two hundred days offline yet it still counts the days, so I'm thinking these folks just keep themselves as Appearing Offline. I don't know, I'd need someone who knows this stuff to verify.