PDA

View Full Version : Nerds hate sunlight frustration

EvilTommy
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi i could really use some tips from any of you. I have seen a couple of topics about nerds hate sunlight achievement but none that really helps. I have spent over 6 hours on 2 playthroughs playing with a second controller but the achievement wont pop. I made an xbox live account too for this since none of my friends got this game. Also i tried to idle and move the controller time by time while watching naruto :-p This is about the only achievement i really miss. Is there anyone out there that could "lend me" their friendship for a 3 hour session? in return i do have a savefile by the boss where i have done all the sidequests and i lvl 19 save file with that flame woman. I would really love full gamerscore on this game but its a bit frustrating whith cheevos like this. So anyone need help in the game? can i borrow someone for 3 hours? would be really nice. If i cant help you in this game there is bound to be one out there where i can as i do spend a lot of time playing 0_o dont worry i wont bite :eek:

F4775
06-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Ill be happy to help out, i need that one too and have no-one on my list with the game, im about tonight or the weekend whichever helps out.
tag F4775

DIGGITYDOGNUTZ
06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I've not even been close. Seems myself or someone else lags out around an hour and a half

Pyrochaos
06-22-2011, 03:06 PM
It seems this achievement is messed up in local co-op, as well as XBL co-op.

Mine finally popped at 3h35m on XBL. And a friend of mine said his popped at 3h40m on local.

So just be patient, and it will show up.

DIGGITYDOGNUTZ
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Ah, I was under the impression it didn't work on local. However, I'll try this method a little later movin the controller every 5-10 mins.

ponypo2001
06-22-2011, 05:13 PM
If the CPU takes over, I'm pretty sure the counter resets. Just keep the right analogue spinning a circle on the first pad and both pads walking to the left or right in a safe area and it'll pop easily.

EvilTommy
06-22-2011, 06:46 PM
thanks guys i gotten about 4 ppl sending me request already within the hour. really fast response got to love this website. havent gotten it yet and at any rate im happy to help any other as well at least out this week i dont know if i have the game on friday tough. if i get full score before friday that is as fear 3 is out :) a big thank you to you as well ruslan74 shame you fell out after 1 hour or so. well try again til we get it :) cheers guys

Cloak
06-23-2011, 06:40 AM
i'm down to do coop/this game withanyone. just send me a message/join my game :)

KeepEmRolling
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
If the CPU takes over, I'm pretty sure the counter resets. Just keep the right analogue spinning a circle on the first pad and both pads walking to the left or right in a safe area and it'll pop easily.

Well damn...you must be right..didn't think about that since I was never away more than a couple minutes, but a friend and I are currently over 4 hours actual playtime and probably close to 5 hours total time and no achievement. Damn that bathroom break, lol.

LotusOfDoom
06-24-2011, 12:36 AM
I can basically second the idea that "taking a break" does mess with your timer, whether or not it's a total reset I'm not sure, but our achievements took way over 3 hours to pop, and they popped in the order of people who it seemed were gone the longest (there were 4 of us). I'm just not sure if they popped in order of who took a break first to last

ruslan74
06-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Got the achievement eventually after leaving the X360 on overnight with 2 controllers connected via charge cables and rubberbanding the left stick just in case. Playing online was a bit of a frustration because sessions would sometimes drop me after over an hour of game time.

KeepEmRolling
06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I have to call bullshit on this achievement then. I can see them suspending the timer when you're away, but resetting it is not cool. I took one break for 3 minutes tops, same with my co op partner. We took it about halfway through our 6 hour session.:mad:

Livin Carefree
06-26-2011, 03:02 AM
This one has been tough, My friend and I tried this in local co-op... we got 2.5 hours through.. died and it didnt let us continue... we had to go to the menu, played a little more, friend had to drive his girlfiend's drunk mom's truck home and i ended up playing alone while the AI took charge... just say, 6.5 hours of playing and NO ACHIEVEMENT! ugh!

Headless Snip3r
06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Finally got this achievement after 4 hours of play one night. My buddy didn't get his till almost 4 3/4 hours. We never took breaks, but it seems as though the AI will take over even if you just go to your stat screen. Seems that the time is on "pause" while you are on that screen. Nevertheless, finally got it.

Stormy2k
06-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I started the game with my bro in Local Co-Op and it popped at 3 hours in.

I can't see why some people are having problems.

Remeber, its 3 hours game time not menu or pause time!

When I saved games I would see how long I had been playing for on my last save and I had been in game longer than that, so its based on in-game time I believe, and it stops the clock for shops, equiping and leving up, etc.

Kugsen
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I was playing 4 player, two local co-op with two guys over xbl. I was hosting with my girlfriend on my box with me. One guy got disconnected so that reset the timer. The other guy over xbl got the achievement first at about 3 hours twenty. Then my girlfriend 10 minutes later and then me 5 minutes after that :S weird achievement!

KeepEmRolling
06-27-2011, 04:36 AM
I started the game with my bro in Local Co-Op and it popped at 3 hours in.

I can't see why some people are having problems.

Remeber, its 3 hours game time not menu or pause time!

When I saved games I would see how long I had been playing for on my last save and I had been in game longer than that, so its based on in-game time I believe, and it stops the clock for shops, equiping and leving up, etc.

I'd like to know what's up, too. I played with one other person for six hours. We took one bathroom break each and no way were we in the menues for over 2.5 hours.

Dmas
06-27-2011, 05:56 AM
if you are still working on it or someone else needs it, i would like to join cause i need it too :) just send me an ingame message :) to DM4S

Andreas_loel
06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Left the box on for a few hours got back up and it didnt unlock, will give it another shot. There is no way in hell im honoring this bullshit coop with 3 hours, i rather watch tv while it works itself out

Grampel
07-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Got the achievement on local while watching "Public Enemies". I left two controllers with LT/block triggered, moving right stick every 10 minutes and it triggered after 3 hours. :)

ConfederateSuga
07-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Left the box on for a few hours got back up and it didnt unlock, will give it another shot. There is no way in hell im honoring this bullshit coop with 3 hours, i rather watch tv while it works itself out

I know 3 hours seems like a lot for the drop-in/drop-out co-op, but it's really not that bad. That'll go by in 1-2 main quest missions.

rc deaths agent
07-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I tried to get this a couple times and played for 3hr and 30min one time and it didn't pop. It seems you cannot even level up because the comp takes over and messes up the counter.....awesome!! :(