PDA

View Full Version : Want Old World Blues this month? Too bad.

ODST Kayne
06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8781-Fallout--New-Vegas-Old-World-Blues-DLC-Date-Confirmed.html

It may have a date, but it still sucks to have to wait a little less than a month for something we were expecting....now or next week.

Edit: New link that has the actual date.

The Pants Party
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM
It's the 19th.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8781-Fallout--New-Vegas-Old-World-Blues-DLC-Date-Confirmed.html

x SL4YER x
06-23-2011, 08:56 AM
:( O well better late then never.:(

Annalie
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Ah crap. :/

JAW LV
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
TBH I'd rather have Bethesda take their time and get the DLC released without any glitches. Wasn't there a huge problem with Honest Hearts during the first few weeks... something about the game would always freeze or you lost all previous save game date :confused:

Either way, knowing the track record of Fallout in general I'm gonna wait a few months to download this DLC till I see many others have completed it with no issues.

Darkforce412
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
these guys sure love to take their sweet ass time:(

PenderPowguin
06-23-2011, 11:40 PM
TBH I'd rather have Bethesda take their time and get the DLC released without any glitches. Wasn't there a huge problem with Honest Hearts during the first few weeks... something about the game would always freeze or you lost all previous save game date :confused:

I never had this problem, I bought and played it one day one.

chaoticboar2
06-24-2011, 12:53 AM
only glitch I saw in honest hearts was a green gecko had an attack seizure from about 20 feet away then one hitted me lol and this was on day one

SpectreSoldier
06-24-2011, 10:13 AM
not so bad at all cuz I'll get the MSP on july

KuShNsTieN
06-26-2011, 05:50 AM
this dlc better be good though, i dont wanna wait for nothing

PenderPowguin
06-26-2011, 06:17 AM
this dlc better be good though, i dont wanna wait for nothing

Oh, don't worry, I am sure it'll be excellent. Then again, there are always those that can never be pleased. There will no doubt be griping and complaining, and crying and moaning.

"Man, Obsidian sucks balls, why can't they make a game that I like!"

"This is the worst fucking game ever, but, I keep buying the DLCs!"

"Why can't this game be exactly like Fallout 3? I liked Fallout 3 so much better, why not make the DLCs exactly like Fallout 3?"

"I fucking hated Dead Money, god damn explosive collar!"

"Honest Hearts was lame, all I got was a 5 level increase and some guns. Why can't they give me something cool, like another Fallout 3 game within New Vegas?!"

So on and so forth. I'm excited to play it, I'm sure that I'll have fun. Haters will hate it, they will think that they could do better, but the best part is, they'll continue to play it.

Annalie
06-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Oh, don't worry, I am sure it'll be excellent. Then again, there are always those that can never be pleased. There will no doubt be griping and complaining, and crying and moaning.

"Why can't this game be exactly like Fallout 3? I liked Fallout 3 so much better, why not make the DLCs exactly like Fallout 3?"

"Honest Hearts was lame, all I got was a 5 level increase and some guns. Why can't they give me something cool, like another Fallout 3 game within New Vegas?!"

So on and so forth. I'm excited to play it, I'm sure that I'll have fun. Haters will hate it, they will think that they could do better, but the best part is, they'll continue to play it.

Lmao its funny because its true.:p

but seriously from what ive seen this DLC should be better than Honest Hearts. not even gonna mention dead money cause almost everyone hates it. including me but i got through just fine :Bounce:

Fully Avenged
06-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Man, I'm upset about this. I was really looking forward to playing Old World Blues this month, I've been checking the release date every week, and now THIS?

Ah well, it's Bethesda, so I have every faith that they'll make it worth the wait. On the other hand I feel as though Bethesda are biting off a bit more than they can chew this year. We're talking... What, 7-8 games? That's crazy, even when you're comparing it to companies like Activision and their Guitar Hero Spam (Ahh the good ol' days. :P)

Malkaiah
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Didn't have a problem with New Vegas DLC but I remember some of the FO3 DLC was horrendously glitched for the first week, achievements glitching and so forth.

Smurfy1O1
06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I really hope this DLC is worth the wait, this has to be my most anticipated DLC, considering I though it would be out two weeks ago. Anyways, I just hope its better than Dead Money, and just as good as Honest Hearts, but with a little more in depth story.

NewSparta
07-06-2011, 01:53 AM

Lolderp, apparently if somebody dislikes something about a DLC they are a "hater" lolherpderp.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all the DLC thus far.

Ethereal235
07-06-2011, 08:28 AM

I was a hater when it came to Dead Money (as I'm sure you recall) because it was a shit DLC. I've replayed it on other playthroughs for the skill books and the XP (easy as shit to get abominable level 3 there, too, which helps with deathclaws).

I loved honest hearts. I loved Zion Valley. I wish the story had been longer, maybe had some more depth. I thought the backstory of 'The Survivalist' was more interesting, and I sort of wish you could explain to the Sorrows about their beliefs being rooted in an old man's lie, but all-in-all, I just loved it. The Survivalist's Rifle is amazing, too.

I'm hoping Old World Blues is interesting. If it's like Dead Money where everything's annoying rather than challenging, I'll be pissed, but based on Honest Hearts, I think they learned from their mistakes.

Looking forward to Old World Blues, but the release date being pushed back a month from what they claimed pisses me off. This means that Lonesome Road will probably be released after classes start, and I'm gonna be busy as all fuck this year. Also pissed that they still haven't fixed a lot of the bugs that makes the game messy to play. I hate it when I'm trying to aim in stealth and suddenly the gun is in the center of the screen, blocking my view.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Just dusted off New Vegas after getting both the DLCs for it. I am glad that there is some more content headed this way. I love the Fallout series!

PenderPowguin
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Lolderp, apparently if somebody dislikes something about a DLC they are a "hater" lolherpderp.

Have you actually sat there and read all of the comments on Dead Money and Honest Hearts or hell, even just on the game itself? If you had, I don't think you would dispute my comment.

Looking forward to Old World Blues, but the release date being pushed back a month from what they claimed pisses me off. This means that Lonesome Road will probably be released after classes start, and I'm gonna be busy as all fuck this year. Also pissed that they still haven't fixed a lot of the bugs that makes the game messy to play. I hate it when I'm trying to aim in stealth and suddenly the gun is in the center of the screen, blocking my view.

I'm not pissed that it's pushed back because honestly, I stopped giving a damn on release dates, too much bullshit when it comes to release dates. I'll just play it when it comes.

Though, I empathize with what you're saying because I too will be in class after LR comes out (as well as Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls V, etc etc), which will leave me with little time to enjoy it. I turn this into optimism by telling myself, 'Well, at least when I DO get time to play all of this new shit, I'll have a nice hefty reserve of gaming to play.'

Personally, my biggest peeve is running out of stuff to play. I'm not exactly rich, so I can't just go buy $60 games as they release. I hate renting games because I like to play at my own pace. I can't use GameFly or any other company like that because I don't have a credit card. I refuse to trade in any of my other games, because I like to try and collect them. I resort to the occasional game given to me from my fiancee as Father's Day or Birthday or Anniversary or even Christmas gifts and of course, super cheap, old discounted games.

In fact, a little off topic here but, Torchlight is on sale this week for 800 msp. I despise paying $15 for an arcade game, but $10 is a little more reasonable, in my opinion, so I might just pick that up.

MrAwesome
07-08-2011, 06:41 PM
This game better not win GOTY, they're shitting the bed on their DLC and don't need a pat on the back.

PenderPowguin
07-08-2011, 07:22 PM
This game better not win GOTY, they're shitting the bed on their DLC and don't need a pat on the back.

Gaming awards are a sham. GOTY is most likely going to ElderScrolls V or Modern Warfare 3.