PDA

View Full Version : "Last One - I Promise" Not Popping!

normalipromise
06-23-2011, 12:13 AM
I have been following the guide for how to get this achievement, and it will not pop for me.

I am playing in Party Mode, Challenge, Venice Beach, two players, on Hardcore.

My usual run is to bail the first challenge with both players. On the second challenge I complete the first of three objectives (ollieing up to the roof), then go out of bounds, giving one player 10 points. Then, I just bail for the rest of the challenges with both characters. I get 5 points per character in challenge three just by pushing off, so by the end of the challenges the score is 15 - 5 in favor of one player or the other (sometimes Player 1 wins, sometimes Player 2 wins).

I select Play Again from the menu after the menu informs me which player has won, and I start again.

There was one time I selected "Play Again", but it kicked me back out to the Mode Select screen, instead of starting a new game automatically.

Even with that, though, I've rematched at least 15 times, and there's nothing happening.

I also did this all in one sitting, in case that may have some effect on something.

Any insight you can provide would be helpful! Thank you!

DA Donginator
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
You actually found someone still playing multi-player or are you playing against someone in a local party?

this is the first game I gave up on 1000/1000, 2 months after it came out, no one was on anymore

normalipromise
06-24-2011, 04:07 PM
I am playing Local Party Mode with two players. The achievement says local or online, but I have no matches online at all.

normalipromise
06-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, it finally popped for me, but I think it had to be under some pretty strict guidelines.

The whole time I was playing I had my board controller set at controller one, and my regular controller as controller 2. Once I turned on my XBox with my regular controller signed into controller one with my Live profile loaded on controller one, I started my game. I went through as many menu screens as possible before the game tells you that you cannot continue without a controller, I turned my board controller on, and then I went into Party Mode and started.

I played with two players (Paul Rodriguez and Rodney Mullen), Challenge, Lower Whack Drive, on Hardcore. Both my character were regular foot the entire time. After I selected "Play Again" for the eighth time, the achievement popped as soon as I started the first challenge (meaning I went through all the menus, selected my stance, selected the challenge, and gameplay began).

Hope this helps for anyone else who ever has this problem.