PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Knox's Rule #2 - Short Controlled Bursts (Having Trouble)

ell635
06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I can't get this achievement! The achievement guide says to try using the Rifleman class in a Combat Sweep FTE. I've tried this several times, and each time I haven't won this achievement.

I've played through the entire story mode once again. Each and every mission I used the Rifleman class, and switched my M4A1 with Marksman Scope to single fire mode. I've taken out countless enemies with this method in each and every mission, and each and every Fire Team Engagement!

I've suspected that you mustn't miss a single bullet when killing 5 or 6 enemies with your single fire rifle, so I've cleaned out enemies precisely with 100% accuracy, yet no achievement once again.

I've now suspected having any form of scope on my M4A1 or M16A4 is what's holding back the achievement. So I'm trying to clear enemies in the Combat Sweep FTEs again with iron sights to try and earn this achievement.

Can somebody please help? Because YouTube or these forums don't have any tutorial (video or text) other than the Guide's very brief offer which clearly hasn't worked for me... :mad:

Is anybody else having trouble with this one? And does anybody have a solution? It would be much appreciated!

shizomac
06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
I got this during Mission 5 (where you have to keep falling back and defending different areas.) I was a Grenadier and I was using the M16 (w/ Red Dot) with burst fire. I had assumed by "short controlled bursts" it meant using burst fire and not single fire, so you can try that. And I also think that yes, you can't miss any shots while killing like 4 or 5 guys.

DEG23
06-24-2011, 12:10 AM
You need to use a weapon that has burst fire, eg M16 or MP5. I'd go with the M16 as it deals more damage, because you need to kill 4 or 5 guys while in burst mode, with a single mag. It can be done on any mode, i got mine on combat sweep.
I don't think you need to land every shot as i sprayed about 6 rounds and still got it.

I was using AP rounds to ensure each enemy went down in one burst. Shouldn't be too much trouble, as i even went down once, got patched up and continued blasting and it still unlocked.