PDA

View Full Version : No such thing as Free-For-All

mnbvcxzlp
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Why is it that 90% of the time when i go into a FFA room it ends up being 3vs1. Even when i make my own matches the people that join seem to already have it planned to team up.

I'd hope that with Two headed giant and Archenemy this wouldn't be as bad as it was in the last magic.

Farsight
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
What deck are you playing?

It's common to gang up on Blue+Green, as they can become unbeatable once they get terrain. It's also common to gang up on someone with no defense. Personally, I'll also gang up on Vampire decks, as they too become near-impossible to deal with late-game.

I've honestly never seen a 3-person "team". I saw a lot of 2-man teams in the old game, but only a couple so far in this one. I highly doubt you're facing big teams in 9/10 games - more likely you're doing (or not doing) something to invite the attack.

Cav Clayton
06-24-2011, 12:40 PM
3-4 player is all about the alliances. If you go in alone and play well, you can expect to become a threat.

I'd personally only play the mode with friends in a party for a laugh.

Aiden 514
06-25-2011, 03:15 AM
depends what deck you use, on the old magic me and my mate would team on anyone using blue/white or elf

Skode
06-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Im always happy to team up with other strangers if a deck is a particuarly bad match up against the one im using at the time. I also make sure no one gets the edge over me... regardless of whether someone has helped me survive against the odds if they start trying to summon Elvish Pipers and the likes then its getting burned or cancelled.

I find they are Free For Alls but i think "Uneasy Alliance" would have been a more fitting name for the mode as often enough thats what it is. If it really was an out and out 3vs1 fest then i guess it would also feature more conceding players than in the likes of two headed giant but for me personally its completely the other way around.