PDA

View Full Version : Can you change your dashboard from one region to another?

DigitalGear
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
I have an Australian account with 1100 msp left. Is it possible to use my account and transfer it to the American dashboard on my xbox?

The game I want is only on the US marketplace. Hope that makes sense.

HabsCen10ial
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
No you cannot change your region. My buddy set up a US account by mistake and called Microsoft to ask why his points card wasn't working. They made him create and new Canadian profile.

DigitalGear
06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
No you cannot change your region. My buddy set up a US account by mistake and called Microsoft to ask why his points card wasn't working. They made him create and new Canadian profile.

Ah ok. Fair enough.

Should I be right buying american MS points off Ebay and adding them to my spare US account? Would it matter if the console itself (DVD drive/brick) was Australian?

Foxxy kyle
06-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Ah ok. Fair enough.

Should I be right buying american MS points off Ebay and adding them to my spare US account? Would it matter if the console itself (DVD drive/brick) was Australian?

I dont think that your console would matter. I think if you had American MS points then you'd be fine. I think they should defiantly have you be able to change the region because people move...But sadly you cant.

DigitalGear
06-24-2011, 02:00 PM
I dont think that your console would matter. I think if you had American MS points then you'd be fine. I think they should defiantly have you be able to change the region because people move...But sadly you cant.

Yeah I thought that too :)