I can't wait for this..

Barad

I loved F1 2010, infact I'm still playing it now on my fifth season. I just hope for 2 main things, those freezing issues don't come back and secondly they don't have no online top rank achievement. F1 2010 gameplay was spot on, cars, tracks, drivers all was amazng. F1 2011 will be awesome I thinks! :p

totally agree i think it would be cool if the other drivers swapped teams around at the end of the season, although i don't think it will actually happen...

Licensing issues. It won't happen, ever.

F1 2010 was really good but a few things brought it down. I will outline them below:

1) No AI tyre wear/fuel load - At the beginning of a 100% race, you're weighed down and obviously slower because of it, but the AI aren't affected at all. Completely unfair, though Codemasters have apparently fixed it for 2011.

2) Qualifying with basically predetermined times -The AI on track are just for show. They're not actually putting in times. All they are doing is getting in your way when you are on a hot lap. Needs to be fixed.

3) AI race pace - I can have a 10 minute nap at Canada and still win whereas at Catalunya I am lucky to come anywhere other than last. The AI needs to be consistent, rather than extremely easy or hard.

4) AI behaviour - The AI either yield too easily or decide their car is a battering ram. They need to fight for position without crashing into you.

5) Times - It would be nice to finally see sector three times. Also, I would like to see more than just the split times between the person in front of me and behind me.

There are other things, but I'll save them for another day.

Licensing issues. It won't happen, ever.

F1 2010 was really good but a few things brought it down. I will outline them below:

1) No AI tyre wear/fuel load - At the beginning of a 100% race, you're weighed down and obviously slower because of it, but the AI aren't affected at all. Completely unfair, though Codemasters have apparently fixed it for 2011.

2) Qualifying with basically predetermined times -The AI on track are just for show. They're not actually putting in times. All they are doing is getting in your way when you are on a hot lap. Needs to be fixed.

3) AI race pace - I can have a 10 minute nap at Canada and still win whereas at Catalunya I am lucky to come anywhere other than last. The AI needs to be consistent, rather than extremely easy or hard.

4) AI behaviour - The AI either yield too easily or decide their car is a battering ram. They need to fight for position without crashing into you.

5) Times - It would be nice to finally see sector three times. Also, I would like to see more than just the split times between the person in front of me and behind me.

There are other things, but I'll save them for another day.

Being a huge F1 fan in general and a fan of F1 2010, I agree completely on all counts. Two additions...

1. Fix the massive frame rate drop in races that completely stalls the game for 1-4 seconds

2. Helmets! I'd like to have more of a selection when it comes to my helmet design, even if they are from a stock list. Maybe use the custom helmets that the drivers actually use in real races?

They really need to address a few things

1) Everything above

2) KERS and DRS . . . was annoyed they didn't have the F-duct last year.

3) 10 times more lines for your engineer to say (and your manager, while they're at it).

4) Better replay cameras, with the ability to a) skip forward to major events and b) ability to follow cars other than yours

5) Race engineer who can make suggestions to you over the radio to be confirmed with a single button press - ie, "for the next stop, do you want to stay on options or go to primes?"

6) The ability to break 'the finger' anytime it is waved in the camera.

They can improve in many areas, mostly listed above from other users, but the main ones I want to see are.

1. Better camera angles, and be able to record a race to create montages.

2. Being able to do a co-op season from 2 differnt xbox360 not split screen.

3. Better and more believable AI.

4. A better online system where you are ranked on skill not how many times youve played to get to level50.

2) KERS and DRS . . . was annoyed they didn't have the F-duct last year.

3) 10 times more lines for your engineer to say (and your manager, while they're at it).

KERS and DRS are in the game. Also, there will be a new engineer with more lines, thankfully.

They can improve in many areas, mostly listed above from other users, but the main ones I want to see are.

2. Being able to do a co-op season from 2 differnt xbox360 not split screen.

4. A better online system where you are ranked on skill not how many times youve played to get to level50.

Co-op Championship is online only. Split-screen is purely for one off races. The online system has been tweaked but I still think it's going to be the same ranking system (based on XP). You now get XP based on your level, your car, etc. So, if you're a level 1 against level 10's, you may get the same amount of XP as the winner, if you finish 10th out of 12/16. You also get XP taken away from you for collisions.

• 4 weeks later...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/11/f1-2011-your-questions-asked-more-than-50-of-them/

great post with about 50 questions answered by F1 2011 lead designer Steve Hood.

The things I liked most:

NeoBazza87: Will you include a Spectator Option Online after u crash out or finish the race early like the DiRT series? Badly needed IMHO.

Yes, Spectator Mode is included this year.

Temperature is now a factor, too:

Damocool: Will the game focus on maintaining tyre and brake temperatures?

Yes, temperature management is more of a concern for players running simulation options this year.

New update via "F1 Games From Codemasters" on Facebook:

We know it's been the hottest topic amongst the community for some time now, but we're very happy to finally be able to officially confirm that THERE WILL be a safety car in F1 2011!

Can't wait if this will also be implemented in online racing, at least in custom grand prix mode!

EDIT/UPDATE:

Some info regarding the SC via Andy Gray, Codies' Community Manager via Twitter:

Okay lets answer a few SC Qs: Yes it is real, no you cannot drive it, it is available online, you keep the same camera when the SC is out.

To answer another question: yes you have control behind the SC but there'll be some restrictions. More details once everything is concrete.

Safety Car is available in races 20% or over and can be turned off if you don't want it.

Along with the first picture:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=27jch.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Edited by daenius

First "real" trailer off-screen video from gamescom:

I am now officially psyched!!!!!!!

Wow they even replicated events of the season. I saw Petrov flying his car at Malayasia. Button and Hamilton making contact at Montreal and Button taking the shortcut at Melbourne to pass Alonso.

Wow they even replicated events of the season. I saw Petrov flying his car at Malayasia. Button and Hamilton making contact at Montreal and Button taking the shortcut at Melbourne to pass Alonso.

It also showed Alonso taking the lead at Catalunya from 3rd on the grid.

OT: looked extremely good. Can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...