PDA

View Full Version : Online achievements

delgadillo76
06-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else hate games that have Achievements that can only be obtained by playing online?

Starstrukk X360A
06-25-2011, 02:37 AM
I don't enjoy them, but I don't hate them.

DigitalGear
06-25-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't mind some of them. As long as they're not "Leaderboard" achievements ala G.R.A.W. or long "Play X of ranked matches" types.

delgadillo76
06-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Hate was probably the wrong word to use, I mean more annoyed than anything else. I buy a game and the first thing i do is look at the achievement list and sure enough i cant get all the achievments unless i play online ie fear.

Starstrukk X360A
06-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Hate was probably the wrong word to use, I mean more annoyed than anything else. I buy a game and the first thing i do is look at the achievement list and sure enough i cant get all the achievments unless i play online ie fear.

That's why we have Achievement Trading Threads. So we don't have to spend hours searching for a match in a game random people don't really play anymore.

Ivan Mendez
06-25-2011, 02:49 AM
I like them and i don't play online, but i will when i buy an Xbox 360 12 month gold card.

delgadillo76
06-25-2011, 02:56 AM
I honestly didnt know that thanks alot. Without sounding to ignorant, I am new to this site and dont know much on how achievement trading threads work.

Starstrukk X360A
06-25-2011, 03:00 AM
I honestly didnt know that thanks alot. Without sounding to ignorant, I am new to this site and dont know much on how achievement trading threads work.

Each game has it's own section on the forums. In those are Achievement Trading Threads. They're usually stickied so they're always at the top of the page. Just post in those saying what achievements you're looking to boost, what times you're usually available, and other stuff you think other people might find useful.

delgadillo76
06-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Thank you very much!

KNUCKS x360a
06-25-2011, 03:03 AM
As long as they're not "Leaderboard" achievements ala G.R.A.W.

*shudders at the memory* :p

Number *1* in the world for Solo, Team AND Universal?! What the hell were they thinking back in the 'old' days?...

OT, I think that online achieves are ok as long as they are do-able by anyone that might play the game, as opposed to having 'No1 UberPwnage 10millionHeadshot' types that only hardcore gamers (or boosters) can get.

DriftingBeast
06-25-2011, 03:05 AM
It depends on the game. Some are fun to get, others are just stupid.

Kairi
06-25-2011, 03:09 AM
I usually don't like online achievements because I usually don't pla online and have very few multiplayer games.

BluWolve
06-25-2011, 03:55 AM
i am not a big fan of online cheevos. i think everyone else here has already expressed all the reasons why. sometimes they are just ridiculous and unrealistic to your average gamer. especially if you dont have xbox live online. i personally do have xbox live but i still think it is not fair on people that dont.

hydrosugar
06-25-2011, 04:00 AM
No i reckon hate is the right word. all iv'e been doing on the 360 recently is being playing games online in which ive got all the online cheevos long ago. but even in those games i would've preferred 100% sp achievements because i'm not a spiteful person that wishes it to be an impossible 1000g for others. all games should be 100%sp acheivements, i know ill'd still go online for fun, against people who aren't doing weird things either.

tugboatman
06-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I dont like them but then again they wouldnt be called "Achievements" if we could just play on our own an get them easily....

McGoogles
06-25-2011, 10:29 AM
No i reckon hate is the right word. all iv'e been doing on the 360 recently is being playing games online in which ive got all the online cheevos long ago. but even in those games i would've preferred 100% sp achievements because i'm not a spiteful person that wishes it to be an impossible 1000g for others. all games should be 100%sp acheivements, i know ill'd still go online for fun, against people who aren't doing weird things either.

True, but if all games had all single player achievements then there would be more gamesavers and no way of proving that they cheated (time stamps).

Personally, I don't mind multiplayer achievements. As long as the servers for such games are still running, then I'm fine with it.

hydrosugar
06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I dont like them but then again they wouldnt be called "Achievements" if we could just play on our own an get them easily....

clearly you haven't played ninja gaiden 2(i haven't either, first example that came to mind). that difficulty argument is kinda dated. it all depends on the game. the only key difference between the difficulty of mp and sp achievements is that mp can be boosted and sp can't.

True, but if all games had all single player achievements then there would be more gamesavers and no way of proving that they cheated (time stamps).

Personally, I don't mind multiplayer achievements. As long as the servers for such games are still running, then I'm fine with it.

that's actually the first reasonable argument iv'e ever heard for online achievements. but given how many single player achievements there are anyways, i don't think a change to all sp achievements by developers would have that great a bearing on the issue. and it definitely doesn't outweigh the numerous cons...

StillTIPPIN187
06-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I hate them because you can't play anything different without devoting your life to getting them.

Games like GTA and CoD, I enjoy the MP for them. So i would actually play along time to get the online achievements for them

But crap games like Homefront, i do not want to play online forever just to get an achievement. Im tired of it. Its like i can't try anything new unless i dont want the 1K on my card. what ever happened to good SP games.

MangledRex
06-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I usually don't bother to get them tbh

** I mean the achievements, I'd still get the game though

djdom
06-25-2011, 06:29 PM
I do not like it when games put a large number of achievements/points on online play.
I'm not a big fan on playing online, and a lot of online achievements are well beyond my ability, so I am always disapointed when I lose the chance to get a lot of points

tugboatman
06-25-2011, 06:55 PM
clearly you haven't played ninja gaiden 2(i haven't either, first example that came to mind). that difficulty argument is kinda dated.

Good point, therefor, i retract my statement lol....

Equious
06-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't play online very much, mostly due to not having a tonne of people I know to play with haha. As a result of this a find myself shying away from games with a heavy emphasis on online only achievements D: I hope to rectify my lack of online achievements through my participation in X360A's community!

MakoBallistic
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
If they are fun to get, and not stupidly hard, and also fairly unique then I dont mind. But there shouldnt ever be more than 10 max (and that's pushing it).

Pheoniixx
06-26-2011, 01:31 PM
The ones that annoy me are "play X Y times" and "get a rank of X" also any multiplayer game that doesn't have anyone playing any more U_U

CyberPunch83
06-26-2011, 02:04 PM
A game with MP achievements are only good as long as the community for the game is strong. As soon at is starts to die off, the achievements become harder to get and boosting becomes a requirement. A good way to ensure you don't have to do tons of boosting is to do the MP first and get it out of the way. I learned my lesson with Transformers WFC. And here they go making a permanent 5x XP starting Monday 6/27...

GrimSovereignty
06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
it don't really matter to me. sometimes I hate them because I don't feel like getting online and getting them but other times I like them because it gives me something to try for online besides just killing other people.

IanWilcox
06-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Some are annoying.... if i remember back to fifa 09 where there was an accivement for 10vs10 in a club that was very hard to get! esp seeing people kept disconnecting

Sephiroth300
06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't like online achievements either, because I think having to pay for achievements is simply stupid...

STRIDERLGN
06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
i hate it if its a game thats pretty much dead online

DeekBoy
06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
i hate it if its a game thats pretty much dead online

But in some cases that makes it easier to boost the achieves :D. I'm not a huge fan of them but if its a game I truly love then I really like it. For example the Assassins Creed Brotherhood MP was amazing and I loved the achieves too.

kentarulez
06-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I like them if they're achievable since they're called achievements. When the servers get shut down or if they're impossible like GRAW..... That's when they annoy me.

loganlogan80
06-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I can't stand multiplayer achievements. I just don't have the patience when I always get put in matches where people screw around. In fact, I don't even really like multiplayer games much. My favorite games are Fallout 3 and L.A. Noire which are both offline games.

Rasjr12
06-27-2011, 01:08 AM
I hate them alot of games with them i never even bother to attempt to go for them

robmart0906
06-27-2011, 02:38 AM
yeah, i try my best to avoid those. personally to me, EA sucks with achievements and it makes it more difficult for online such as past NFS games, Madden, NHL, etc.

SJackson16321
06-27-2011, 05:01 AM
yeah, i try my best to avoid those. personally to me, EA sucks with achievements and it makes it more difficult for online such as past NFS games, Madden, NHL, etc.

I agree with this so much. EA can take the servers down for some titles in 18 months so if you don't buy it new you're sometimes forced to do the on-line ones quickly just in case. It seems to vary as well as I know one of the Madden games has no on-line achievements yet NHL 09 I think it is, a big chunk of them are on-line and because of that are no longer obtainable.

FIFA 11 also shows why they're a pain as Clubs doesn't really work and 4/5 of the achievements are clubs related.

Searchman52
06-27-2011, 05:10 AM
They are ok, but in games like Sega Superstar tennis it is basically impossible to get them without boosting.

You have to make a physical effort to get a group together and get the achievements because the community is dead!

Baylor05
06-27-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't mind them as long as they are in franchises that will have a long, active multiplayer scene (e.g. Gears of War, Call of Duty, Halo). I do hate it when crappy games throw a multiplayer part into their game as a token and then attach achievements with it. They know full well their game sucks and no one will play it after a month. Then we are left with multiplayer achievements and no online community. That is frustrating, but online achievements in general aren't the Anti Christ many on this forum seems to think they are.

HabsCen10ial
06-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't like multiplayer or DLC achievements. When I buy a game from the store I should be able to get 100% completion without having to pay for LIVE (or online passes) or any DLC.

Opiate42
06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Online ones aren't so bad if they can be done local splitscreen with friends. But that's inevitably defeating the point of having online achievements. But all in all they're bloody annoying.

chelseaman99
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
In my opinion the only game which should ever have online achievements is Call of Duty - which, ironically, has very few online achievements.

LawlCake1214
06-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I dont mind online achievements because I'm not to big on 100% on my games. Yeah I like to get 100% on my games but for me if it happens it happens. I only go for 100% when I know I can get it.

SwipeKnife
06-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't *hate* them unless they're highly luck based... like achievements for playing vs. a game developer.

OnlyUseMeProgressiveKnife
06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
There okay at times, but if the online becomes dead or the servers are shutdown its a major pain.

Spade.
06-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Doesn't matter to me. If it's a strong online community (I believe someone said that earlier) like Halo or CoD I don't really care. However, something like Stranglehold ( I looked at the chievos in a book and i knew they sucked) shouldn't have them.

Phantom 85
06-30-2011, 03:19 AM
i dont mind online achievements as long as the servers dont get taken down to quick.

The Robxp
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
I like online achievements, I feel that every AAA title should have them.

Lemonlimes249
07-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes I do. But some games like UNO aren't as bad, such as win 1 game or win 10 games.

Hallowgraves
07-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I have loathed every game that has online achievements. Not that I don't like the game, it's just there's usually something about the multiplayer that either has something wrong with it or is just impossible to find people in matchmaking.

For example: Prey. For 100% in Prey, I actually searched on Google to find someone who was looking to boost for the achievements and that's how I found this site. Number 1 reason why I had to search is because the game is never played. Ever.

Now games I do enjoy online is the Call of Duty series. I've put countless hours into the multiplayer and still enjoy playing, but always wondered why they never put up any multiplayer achievements. After a few seconds of thinking, the answer becomes pretty clear, pretty quick. Boosters.

Then again, an achievement for, "Play 10 TDM games online" wouldn't be a problem, it's just that's not really much of an achievement. Just my two cents.

AtomicAgeZombie
07-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Games that have tacked on multiplayer shouldn't have achievements outside of the campaign, but that will never change. Everyone thinks their MP is the best and that everyone should play it.

addymartini
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't mind them as long as the servers don't shut or where you need to spend a year of year life grinding for them (i.e. Gears of War infamous Seriously achievements) although to be fair in my eyes that's a trueachievement, i just wouldn't want to waste away my life getting them!

Coadster1
07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Online achievements are alright. I only hate them when they are hard to boost and when the makers shut down the online servers. Don't make online achievements for a game you're going to shut down it's servers for two years later. *Cough* EA *Cough*

Maka
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I despise when crappy games make online intensive achievements.

I don't mind if games like Gears, Halo, Battlefield or Call of Duty did it, as the communities are bound to survive for a few years, but there's nothing worse than games like Vampire Rain, where they assume more than 6 people ever played online at the same time.

So, as long as the game is crappy and the achievements aren't too "stupid", I usually like them.

punker
07-26-2011, 09:26 PM
I despise when crappy games make online intensive achievements.

I don't mind if games like Gears, Halo, Battlefield or Call of Duty did it, as the communities are bound to survive for a few years, but there's nothing worse than games like Vampire Rain, where they assume more than 6 people ever played online at the same time.

There was a game a couple years ago... I think it was Turning Point. One of the achievements was for surviving an entire multiplayer around without getting killed, and I got it easily, since there were only two other people even playing the game.

Blink
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I hate ones that take a huge amount of time to do. FIFA games usually have online ones like that and it's always put me off buying it.

FaiLy McFaiL
07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I do in general hate online achievements, but the ones i particularly hate, is " win X ranked/players matches " mostly because in some games people are just too good, like in fighting games. Also the random part skill part luck achievements like " kill an enemy with a mongoose " i spent a little while trying to get that just for 5gs, but i couldn't even unlock it...

Spade.
07-27-2011, 01:48 AM
If they're simple then I don't care. It doesn't really bother me...

xboxrevolution
07-27-2011, 02:36 AM
I dont mind having obtaining achievements through multiplayer however there are some games that have very bad matchmaking or perhaps disconnection issues which stalls me from attaining those achievements online.

thefishgeek
07-27-2011, 02:50 AM
I found them more annoying than anything. I don't playing online to get them, but it takes a lot of time and dedication. At least for me.

Mercury
07-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Personally not a fan unless it's something that you cannot miss by putting in say, a good 10 hours online. I think thats reasonable for any gamer. Games that have achievements for reaching top rank are bogus in my book. Cool, if its a game you love playing online (like Gears, Halo, or COD in my book), but not everyone likes those games. I really wish there were just achievements for offline, story-related things, so when my internet is out I don't have to sit there doing nothing because I can't progress towards level 50 in Crysis 2.

Deviantelf
07-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Now, to start off, I've gotten a few multiplayer achievements by sheer luck and curiousity and had fun with a few them.

I don't hate them, I loathe them. What's the point of putting online achievements in a game where unless people by the game new, the only way to get it is boosting it? That's not "achieving" anything other than I am capable of getting on a forum thread, finding or posting for boosting and hanging around on the Xbox long enough to do it. Seriously, what's the point? I'm cheap, I buy games used... I like to game on my own and even when I don't mind being online with someone, I STILL have to boost cause no one is playing the games. "Achieving" hah! ... which is why I don't have the vast majority of online achievements... it's utter bs. Someday I might... but it'll still be utter bs and not "achieving" anything.

xxJUSTINxx
07-27-2011, 06:52 AM
I just honestly wish they'd allow split screen also as an option.

hydrosugar
07-27-2011, 07:44 AM
i'm getting the online achievements in sega all stars racing now, and doing so really easily. and it's getting me thinking that online achievements aren't so bad, and i could enjoy getting more than the four on offer in this game. but then i remember back to times when i didn't have live, and some of the games ive played with horrid online cheevo's, and i go back to wishing that hey would cease to exist

OptimusPrime76
07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm not a massive fan of MP achievements simply because theirs not enough good games to play online! What I mean is if I want to get online with my friends then I would go to gears of war, Halo or Battlefield and every now and again but not to often COD. These games are the pinnacle of online gaming this gen and to be honest I don't need anything else.

I accept that online achievements are here to stay as the developers use them to try and encourage gamers to buy their games new (online passes) or stop people trading them in buy making achievements such as 'play 1,000 ranked matches' or 'kill 10,000 enemies with x weapon'. These type of achievements mean you need to sink a lot of hours in so your less likely to trade the game which means less 2nd hand copy's floating about.

What I don't agree with is the people who moan about online achievements. Honestly every day I read some sort of forum where people moan about achievements. "it's not fair I can't get that achievement" blah blah.

I really don't think people understand that achievements are supposed to be a reward for doing something something which requires skill or a thank you for spending enough time playing a certain game mode. People seem to assume that once they buy/rent a game they have an absolute right to be able to get 1000g quite easily and whinge if the achievements are a little tough or time consuming.

I like it when games have challenging achievements as it seems a little pointless if everyone can get them in a game. If achievements were easy all the time then what would be the point of them.

mesoungodlyfast
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I really don't think people understand that achievements are supposed to be a reward for doing something something which requires skill or a thank you for spending enough time playing a certain game mode. People seem to assume that once they buy/rent a game they have an absolute right to be able to get 1000g quite easily and whinge if the achievements are a little tough or time consuming.

I like it when games have challenging achievements as it seems a little pointless if everyone can get them in a game. If achievements were easy all the time then what would be the point of them.

I agree with you to an extent. I like that a lot of games and achievements take some time. I have close to 200 hours I bet into Ultimate Alliance and Mafia 2 alone, and Im still not at 100% on both. I think the long achivements make you get into the game more, since you're stuck at it for so long, and this is a good thing.

I do agree also that some should be very challenging, and only the best would get them. But where I draw the line is where they are actually physically impossible to get, whether by glitches or by the servers shutting down. Why put the achievement there if nobody can obtain it? It defeats the purpose of making it an achievement in the first place.

On that note, most of the multiplayer achievements in the games I've played are one of 3 things: Extremely time consuming, gotten by luck, or stupidly easy. There's no variety anymore.

First and foremost, you should play a game because you like it, not because you can get all the achievements. Those should come secondary, and would just be a bonus. I play all the games I like or think I will like... if I do, I play them for a while. If I think I'm good enough to get 100, I go for it. If I dont like the game, I dont think I should waste my life getting the achievements just for the principle of it.

Death Metal Jim
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Online achievements are fine for me as long as they're coop related. It's when developers feel the need to include multiplayer versus in what should be single player only games, that piss me off. Games like Bioshock 2, Dark Sector, The Darkness, and Overlord are all guilty of this.

Of course the worst is still leaderboard achievements. I could forgive Quake 4 having it since the achievement system was new at the time, but how Capcom thought it was a good idea to include leaderboard achievements in Lost Planet 2 last year, that boggles my mind. Then there's the 'Get x amount of Kills/Wins in ranked matches' achievements. This is the primary reason why I won't play the FEAR games.

HayabusaF1
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I hate it on some games but on halo 3 i loved the online ones

mesoungodlyfast
07-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Online achievements are fine for me as long as they're coop related. It's when developers feel the need to include multiplayer versus in what should be single player only games, that piss me off. Games like Bioshock 2, Dark Sector, The Darkness, and Overlord are all guilty of this.

This. I understand it's sort of a cool multiplayer with Bioshock 2, but that game is single player right down to the core. I was thoroughly pissed when I purchased it and found all of those horrid multiplayer achievments included with it.:(

OptimusPrime76
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
More and more SP games will have MP achievements I'm afraid. We've already seen MP tacked onto game franchises line bioshock and assasins creed and the upcoming mass effect 3 will also have MP which will include achievements.

The reason for this is to combat lost revenue from game rentals and the 2nd hand Market. Once a rental company buys a few copies of a game it can then be rented out to thousands of people thus stopping a lot of people from buying a game. This is especially true of SP games as apart from collectibles offer little replay value so once the game is finished customers trade it in or a lot if people simply rent it for a week nstead of buying and send it back.

By adding achievements and MP DLC companies are trying to make us buy the game and then keep it as most of these games have a 'get to level 50' type achievement which could take months of grinding.

No amount of complaining will change this fact, MP achievements are here to stay.

As for the games that have servers shut down or have no gaming community to get achievements then I'm afraid another tough shit to that. If a game dies online after a couple of years then surely you can't expect a company to continue running a server forever just because one or two people at some point in the future still want achievements. That's madness. If you couldn't be arsed to play the game on release then you lost out.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Sometimes online achievements can be good sometimes. For example. Guitar Hero 2 and 3 and Aerosmith. You have to do the campaign local with somebody. Guitar Hero 3 requires you to find somebody close by that can do expert 5 stars all songs. I can do it but I need a coop partner and you can't do it online. It would be better if we could do it online. If anybody lives in kansas then come to my house and we will do those achievements. Its hard to find someone local that can do this.

KoreanZombie88
07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't mind online achievements but I find it can just be annoying for certain games after they have been out for a while. Like if you buy a game a year after it was released there may be hardly anyone playing it anymore & you can't get certain achievements because of it. That way you will never be able to 100% complete the game. They should take that into consideration when creating them I reckon.

mrasskicker
07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
for these chievos, i join a Gaming Session from TrueAchievements.com

on this site a lot of orginised boosting sessions for every game are made daily. i boosted Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Quantum of Solace, GTA 4 and much more.

Guilt86
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
The one's that annoy me are "win xx ranked games in a row" oh... and Leader board achievements lol Lost Planet 2

Smokiiz
07-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I really hate the online achievements aswell...
I've been playing GTA4 recently, as I want to 1500g it, I've pretty much gotten everything for story, but I need the multiplayer... which, I can't do seeing as no one hardly plays it.
And, a lot of games MP sucks. I hate the "achieve maximum rank" ones, because it's so friggen annoying to get maximum rank.
I wish they just kept them to single player.

Jellybean468
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Some games have good, fun and interesting multiplayer achievements. Most, however, have reach max level achievements, which I despise, but still complete ala Gears of War 2.

Virgin
07-28-2011, 11:17 PM
After just grinding out level 50 on Assassins Creed without boosting ranks, ive taken a dislike to them.

Death Metal Jim
07-29-2011, 06:12 AM
More and more SP games will have MP achievements I'm afraid. We've already seen MP tacked onto game franchises line bioshock and assasins creed and the upcoming mass effect 3 will also have MP which will include achievements.

Sorry man, but you're mis-informed. Mass Effect 3 has been confirmed to have NO multiplayer achievements. They said they MIGHT add multiplayer to future Mass Effect installments, but the original trilogy is meant to be a single player experience only.

As for Bioshock, 2K realized that they made a mistake with including multiplayer in the series, so they went and brought back the guys who made the ORIGINAL Bioshock. Those guys are completely revamping the franchise, and one of the first things they said was that they were NOT including multiplayer in Bioshock: Infinite.

Then you have Saints Row 3, which has completely taken out multiplayer versus out of their games, because they said it didn't work right in previous installments, and that they wanted to have more time to spend on the main game.

The point is, that not every game needs multiplayer. And some companies actually acknowledge this after previously failed and poor attempts. Just because a company can put a tacked on multiplayer, doesn't mean they should, and these examples prove that.

Muppet May Cry
07-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Depends what kind of achievement.

If it's something rather normal ( completing Co-Op, certain kill, or soemthing specific) I don't mind, but getting to prestige 10 in WAW is something I strongly dislike.

Vexation
08-02-2011, 01:54 AM
I don't mind them so much in a game where the combat is a key focus, but Condemned 2? A survival horror game? Why does that need mp achievements? and why so many... its got a good 450g worth sunk into the mp side.

Sampson
08-02-2011, 01:57 AM
I don't mind them. They aren't really everything.... enjoy the game before you kill yourself over achievements.

thebigfatkill2
08-02-2011, 01:57 AM
i can't stand them bc what if I get a game nobody plays anymore

Stewart
08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I can't stand online achievements for 3 reasons...

1. They usually take hours and hours of grinding

2. The older games hardly have any online

3. EA Online achievements are unobtainable after they shut down their servers, which messes with everyone's %age completion rate if they hadnt got the achievements before the servers are taken down.

Like me for example, i've played a few NFS games but got them pre owned which was when the servers were already down, so even if I tried my hardest to, it would be impossible for me to get 100% achievement completion across all my games... unless EA re open the servers, which we all know would be VERY VERY unlikely... As my best friend has said to me before, "It's as if EA are trying to punish you for getting the game cheap when you get it pre owned by shutting the servers down" haha.

VIPER SVB
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
They can get quite annoying.
I think they ought to be OR achievements. For example, in a fighting game you often get, win 100 matches online (or worse). It should be followed by OR win 400 offline.

@Stewart
I just played some DOOM2 and saw it has an online achievement. Get 100 frags. Winning the lottery is easier than finding anyone online there. But I got lucky and one day I found two guys and got it.

Stewart
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Haha, well done :)

Sometimes you'll be lucky if you play an old game and find some people on there, but most of the time it will be like a ghost town.

Endelyon
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't like them either. For example The Darkness... my god The Darkness Multiplayer! The horror! Getting that "The Don" achievement took 6 hours to get done. Doing the same thing over and over again.. staring at the screen, pushing LT and RT each second to fire the pistols..

I don't mind if they have a FEW GOOD ONES. But if they have 50 of them like in Red Dead Redemption, it gets quite.. well not boring, but you just want to get done with it. I prefer Single Player, then you can play at your own pace and you know that you can get all the achievements eventually, without having to boost or worry about servers shutting down.