PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Network

delgadillo76
06-25-2011, 03:38 AM
Do you think that xbox 360 live network will ever be hacked? Do you believe its much safer than the playstation network since we pay for its service.

BluWolve
06-25-2011, 03:48 AM
i believe it is safer, not because we pay, but because xbox live is a closed server. when the PSN was hacked it was the playstation servers, not specific profiles. so even the paid subscribers were unable to use the service, and in fact they were the ones who were the most at risk, since all their personal details, including credit card numbers, were stored on the servers and available to the people responsible.

IMO it would be extremely hard for anyone to hack the xbox live servers, but not so hard to hack someones profile, gamertag and email address. so thats why you should always be careful of your password and personal information.

Chaosx721
06-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Anything can be can hacked. Xbox maybe a little safer over PSN since its been charging for its service for like 10 years now. But its still just as vulnerable to getting hacked as anything else.

DigitalGear
06-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Anything can be can hacked. Xbox maybe a little safer over PSN since its been charging for its service for like 10 years now. But its still just as vulnerable to getting hacked as anything else.

^^ Exactly this.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
06-25-2011, 08:51 AM

this,only a matter of time

StillTIPPIN187
06-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Its safer.. but i wouldn't put money on it being impossible to hack.

JDMBO1
06-25-2011, 12:27 PM
All I know is nothing lasts forever

DBurchHero
06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
As long as xbox doesnt piss anybody off like sony did when they found a way to jailbreak the ps3 then I think we will be fine. Just let those who are going to flash the 360 flash it and it will all be ok

Worhammer
06-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes, that's the perfect solution. We should let lawbreakers break the law so they don't up and break the law...wait... :rolleyes:

CyberPunch83
06-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe I'm putting too much faith into Microsoft, but I don't think they'll ever get hacked. The fact they've had people paying for the service for almost 10 years now shoud translate to increased security measures, because when you think about it there's more on the line with the Xbox Live than something like PSN, or so it would seem.

DopeySO
06-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Can Xbox live be hacked? Absolutely.

Will it be hacked? Well that depends on a lot of outside factors, But it wouldnt surprise me one bit at this point.

KoNtheKinG
06-26-2011, 02:22 PM
As with anything, its safe for know untill someone figures out how to crack the 'code' but by the time that happens we'll probs be on a diferent server or something like that

sm182
06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes, that's the perfect solution. We should let lawbreakers break the law so they don't up and break the law...wait... :rolleyes:

It's not illegal in every country...

OT: Just a matter of time I'd say. It's already been compromised a few times over the years (the same as any online service really) and there has been a spate of game related online intrusions recently (PSN, Bioware, EA, SEGA, Codemasters, etc).

Genesis x360a
06-26-2011, 03:01 PM
If this was asked a month or 2 ago then I would of said yes without a doubt. But with the recent hacking of Sony, Epic, Sega Etc I think Microsoft/Xbox will have bent over backwards to strengthen there security measures, I mean they dont want to be on the same level as Sony since they now have the upperhand (So to speak). Im sure alot of people have already tryed to hack into the Xbox servers or MSN servers Etc. but to no avail. Imo in time it might/could happen but not anytime soon.

Gamechamp
06-26-2011, 03:25 PM
"Sure, the boys in Ryan's lab can make it hack-proof. But that don't mean we ain't gonna hack it."

This applies to real life pretty well.

Juksey
06-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Obviously its possible they could be hacked its not impossible but i doubt they will get hacked. First off no one really has a really big motive to hack Microsoft and the amount of money they will put into protecting it will be a ridiculous amount, don't get me wrong Sony are a huge company and xbox live is part of what makes the xbox 360 experience so i think Microsoft will work hard to ensure nothing goes wrong but furthermore who'd want to be on the wrong side of Microsoft and its owners? The amount of money and the assets they have would make annoying them not in your interests.

Sampson
06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
It's a possibility of being hacked. I only hope that after it is, we will all recieve something MUCH better than a choice of a few crappy games!

dmister
06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Microsoft and Xbox *could* be hacked but I imagine after all these recent hackings they would have learned something and tightened security!

Darth Swifty
06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
It's Microsoft, It can be Hacked. You give one (or a group) of nerds ( i mean that nicely, as I consider myself one too) enough time, they could do it.

Once it happens, in Lieu of consequences, Microsoft will give the person who did it a job.

GrimSovereignty
06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
It'll happen eventually...it just happens.

Worhammer
06-27-2011, 03:49 AM
It's not illegal in every country...

OT: Just a matter of time I'd say. It's already been compromised a few times over the years (the same as any online service really) and there has been a spate of game related online intrusions recently (PSN, Bioware, EA, SEGA, Codemasters, etc).
No, but it is illegal according to Microsoft's ToS - and I fully support their banning anyone and everyone with a jtagged or flashed console.

To say "we should just let people do it so they don't get mad and hack the servers" is kinda like saying you should just let the bank robbers get away so they don't shoot at the cops. I don't think the cops feel that way, and neither do I.

Searchman52
06-27-2011, 05:16 AM
I believe it's much safer. After all it's owned by microsoft and they are very knowledgeable about the online security area....

And after all these recent attacks, I bet they stepped up defenses just in case.

13ip0lar
06-27-2011, 11:07 AM

^^ Exactly this.

Thing is, it's one thing to hack something, if you put in the time. It's another thing entirely to hack something, and leave no trace you were ever there. Any hacker knows this, any good hacker practices this. I'm not encouraging hacking or implying anything. I'm just saying anyone with half a brain could figure this out. GG

Fact is why would you wanna hack XBL? There are lots of easier ways to obtain people's personal information. Sony just messed up big time was all.

I remember watching a documentary about the Pentagon, and how they get hacked daily, and the guy in charge said "We aren't worried about the hack attempts we do catch. We're worried about the ones we don't." Which brings us full circle. Anything can be hacked...you're living in a fantasy world if you think otherwise. :D

Never Final
06-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Man created it and man can break it. Its just a matter of time. It is stronger then PSN and other systems out there but it wouldnt be impossible to the right people.

Dcon6393
06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
hacking xbox to get people's personal information is pretty much the dumbest thing a group could do. It is like robbing a bank for a cookie. Now if they were hacking microsoft to make a statement that is a different story

Opiate42
06-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Can Xbox live be hacked? Absolutely.

Will it be hacked? Well that depends on a lot of outside factors, But it wouldnt surprise me one bit at this point.

Yup and yup. Run down the list of game companies that have been hacked already, Microsoft and XBL haven't been added yet. Someone out there is going to be gunning for them soon, only a matter of time. If only just to put another notch on the hackers belt.