PDA

View Full Version : Backing up Xbox HDD

wilson1874
06-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Just wondering how would you do this incase your Xbox HDD goes? I ask because I got a scare earlier when I put mine into my bros Xbox and pulled it back out and I heard a weird noise and thought I had broke it. I actually had to pull it a couple times quite hard.

Chaosx721
06-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Can get a flash drive and backup all your saves too that.

StillTIPPIN187
06-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Yup. Flash Drive would be the best bet.. And you probably just heard it spinning.. it is after all a HARD drive.. so its actually spinning and you can break it if you drop it.

Flash drive will back up your saves just fine.

WogMatt26
06-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Just wondering how would you do this incase your Xbox HDD goes? I ask because I got a scare earlier when I put mine into my bros Xbox and pulled it back out and I heard a weird noise and thought I had broke it. I actually had to pull it a couple times quite hard.

This is against TOS i think! I will PM you just in case.

StillTIPPIN187
06-25-2011, 10:53 PM
This is against TOS i think! I will PM you just in case.

He is alright lol. Who gives a fuck about the ToS anyway.

He can just pull the saves,Gamer Pics, Themes, DLC he wants from the HDD and put them on Flash Drive.. There aint nothing wrong with that for sure.

CyberPunch83
06-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Everyone's said it already, but the best way to back up everything is transfer it to a PC with a formatted USB drive. I did the same thing just in case something goes wrong with my console or HDD.

JDMBO1
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Everyone's said it already, but the best way to back up everything is transfer it to a PC with a formatted USB drive. I did the same thing just in case something goes wrong with my console or HDD.
^agreed

There are some save files that will not allow you to copy them over, so it'd make it harder to back up saves. It started as a cheating prevention method and it did, you can't copy saves such as Fable 3 and Forza 3.

WogMatt26
06-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh my way was downloading a certain program and dropping everything from your Hard Drive onto your PC. Best Backup Ever!