PDA

View Full Version : How annoying...

Blitz MMCCV
06-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Is the 360's controller when its apparently low on power, its doing my head in, i have the limited edition silver controller if that makes any difference and it lasts ages on battery but after about 2 hours gameplay it starts doing the stupid low power warning (1 and 4/3 and 2 Lights on the Guide button) is there any way to turn it off as once it starts doing it i does it every 20-30 seconds continuously or do you think they may be a fault with the controllers my white controller used to last ages before showing the low power lights.

Rickmassacre
06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
there is no way to turn off the low power feature on your controller
Maybe try different brand of batteries
if your using re chargeable maybe they are running out on their life span?
plug and play kit ? maybe dying too

Blitz MMCCV
06-26-2011, 10:21 PM
there is no way to turn off the low power feature on your controller
Maybe try different brand of batteries
if your using re chargeable maybe they are running out on their life span?
plug and play kit ? maybe dying too

The controller came with a play and charge kit and its only about 3 weeks old, i'll try some batteries though i surprisingly hadnt thought of that haha.

Veedrock
06-26-2011, 10:27 PM
If you haven't, try running the battery completely dry before charging it up again.

13ip0lar
06-26-2011, 11:42 PM
If you haven't, try running the battery completely dry before charging it up again.

This^, and also how is it that big of a bother? I mean are you holding the controller to your face while playing? I think the vast majority has their controller, in or near their lap, when playing games. I just find it hard that it's that big of a deal, or rather how is it in your face that its allowed to become a nuisance? Unless your saying that your battery is constantly dying, and that's what is annoying you. The way you are talking, I'm under the impression the flashing lights is what's bothering you. I really can't tell, you aren't very clear... >_>

Rasjr12
06-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Mines been doing the same thing recently I charge it then it's good for a couple of hours and starts all over which it didn't do when i first bought it so maybe the battery is getting shot.

Joel78
06-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Mine is doing it too, it's also one of those silver one, I do notice it a bit out of the corner of my eye but the bigger pain is you need to charge it again.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-27-2011, 01:59 AM
It's very annoying when it happens to me.. but I play with wired controllers 95% of the time :)

Dcon6393
06-27-2011, 02:54 AM
this is more of a pain then some people realize. I notice more because I play a lot at night with no lights on. So i see the screen and the constant flashing in my lap

VladimirK
06-27-2011, 03:29 AM
It's very annoying when it happens to me.. but I play with wired controllers 95% of the time :)

Wired is definitely the way to go, imo.

For the controller, why not just remove the battery pack and plug it straight into the console with the Play & Charge kit?
That's what I always done with the official controllers, never have to worry about the pack dying or the lights flashing, etc.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Wired is definitely the way to go, imo.

For the controller, why not just remove the battery pack and plug it straight into the console with the Play & Charge kit?
That's what I always done with the official controllers, never have to worry about the pack dying or the lights flashing, etc.
Definitely, they're cheaper (some go for as low as $25), last longer (for me), and don't have this problem. I usually don't take my controller out my room anyway, so there's no reason for a wireless.

Searchman52
06-27-2011, 05:05 AM
I always find just taking off the battery and slapping it back on seems to last longer. But yea, try dying the battery all the way out, then charging it again. Give it a day while it's dead then start charging again. That could fix the problem.

Damage
06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Never charge a battery unless it is dead!! These continual top-up docking stations and even laptop battery's, are very bad for continual charging of the battery.

My Laptop used to last hours. When constantly on the mains I would remove the battery then plug it in and run it only of the battery till flat. Then charge it on mains and remove it again. Therefore when on battery only I could get 4-5hours out of it.

Stopped doing this 6months ago and because I always use it on the mains it tops the battery up every time I turn it on. Now my battery last for 20minutes tops. You cannot fully discharge it either as the low battery system prevent power-on if the battery is to low (you used to be able to turn it on, wait for it to die, then turn it on again, until every drip of power was gone). You can also not use the bulb trick as its a lithium battery and may blow-up!!

Anyway if you think the warning lights are bad! If you use rechargeable batteries they tend to just turn the controller off without warning when flat. Non-rechargeable slowly run down, when as rechargeable provide a relatively constant supply and then suddenly drop (its part of there design, talking NM-Hd).

CyberPunch83
06-27-2011, 11:27 AM
If the battery light is too annoying, you may want to look into investing in a wired controller. They're lighter than a standard wireless, consume far less batteries, none compared to how many you use now, and no annoying little warning lights to tell you the power's getting low.

13ip0lar
06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
this is more of a pain then some people realize. I notice more because I play a lot at night with no lights on. So i see the screen and the constant flashing in my lap

I don't mean this as an insult, but are you guys really short or something? I'm not saying height is the cause, but I'm 5'10" and I also play at night with the lights off. I don't ever see this flashing you are talking of, and if I do, I just ignore it, because I know that is only a warning and the pack still has a good two hours or more. What I'm getting at is that it's never constantly on my mind till I change it, and I can't focus on what I'm doing. Then again this is a forum of self-proclaimed achievement whores. Maybe it's an OCD thing? Just a guess lol.

Didi Mau
06-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Try playing without the batteries plugged in, just use the cable from the play & charge kit as a makeshift wired controller- I imagine that will stop flashing lights, I bought a wired controller after my charge cable broke so I can't say for sure.

Doruhan
06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Try playing without the batteries plugged in, just use the cable from the play & charge kit as a makeshift wired controller- I imagine that will stop flashing lights, I bought a wired controller after my charge cable broke so I can't say for sure.

^^ this..
Or just play with a big television + loud sound so you won't get distracted easily from the controller.

If this won't work, well you can always try playing with the controller behind your back. ;P

Blitz MMCCV
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Mine is doing it too, it's also one of those silver one, I do notice it a bit out of the corner of my eye but the bigger pain is you need to charge it again.

Yeah i always notice it out the corner of my eye. im trying to run the controllers battery out but its lasting forever ive used it for a good 6 hours today and its still not dead thats about 45 hours of gameplay so far and about 43 of which have been showing the warning lights for low power, its on 2 out of 4 bars of power at the minute i bet microsoft would easily be able to change it so that the low power lights only come on when its on 1 out of 4 bars.

HuMuRoUs
06-27-2011, 03:06 PM
The exact same thing happens to me, i can have 3/4 bars on a rechargeable pack on my 360 slim's controller only 5 month old and it will still flash. Never been bashed or dropped. Now i actually know the reason for this..

It isn't ANYTHING to do with your battery/power. Sometimes the 360 controller's signal strength falls and the lights start to spin, letting you know your either nearly out of range or your signal is shit. The controller is not broken or defective, and Microsoft WILL NOT replace any controller because of these lights as thats what they are meant to do.

If it does really bother you that much, don't really see how it can :confused: , try putting a bit of tape over the lights or something thats your best bet.

ZedChuva
06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I personally HATE when the damn thing flashes. It's there, flashing, taunting me... "Hey buddy, might wanna charge me up, cause you never know when I'm going to just up and poop out on you." I can play mine for 2-3hrs when it's flashing before it dies, THAT is what annoys me about it.

Blitz MMCCV
06-27-2011, 03:54 PM
The exact same thing happens to me, i can have 3/4 bars on a rechargeable pack on my 360 slim's controller only 5 month old and it will still flash. Never been bashed or dropped. Now i actually know the reason for this..

It isn't ANYTHING to do with your battery/power. Sometimes the 360 controller's signal strength falls and the lights start to spin, letting you know your either nearly out of range or your signal is shit. The controller is not broken or defective, and Microsoft WILL NOT replace any controller because of these lights as thats what they are meant to do.

If it does really bother you that much, don't really see how it can :confused: , try putting a bit of tape over the lights or something thats your best bet.

I dont think the out of range thing applies to mine as my 360 is about 2 foot away from me on the same desk my tv's on. my controller finally run out of power so im seeing wether that will make any difference once its fully charged again.

HuMuRoUs
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
I meant it's just shitty signal strength, pretty sure the 360 controller uses the same wave frequency as your microwave :L so it's just a loss of signal nothing to do with power.

StillTIPPIN187
06-27-2011, 05:58 PM
How does that bother you?

It would be different if a notification popped up on the screen saying this.. but i know i dont look at the controller while im playing.. I assume everyone else does the same.

Idk, But yeah.. Maybe on the next gen xbox we can get built in rechargeable batteries.. Its really annoying, i hate the PS3 controller but love the convenience of just plugging in a wire to charge it. and it last a good while too. I love the Xbox controller but hate how it takes batteries and has a big hump.

mjc0961
06-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Never charge a battery unless it is dead!! These continual top-up docking stations and even laptop battery's, are very bad for continual charging of the battery.

That depends on what kind of battery it is. As far as I can find online, the 360 rechargeable battery pack is a NiMH battery and thus you are correct, it shouldn't be charged until it's dead.

However, lithium ion batteries can be charged whenever, and in fact shouldn't be allowed to become dead before recharging again if possible.

Know your battery types and what kind of battery you have before recharging. ;)