PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe
06-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Discuss anything regarding the achievements in this thread. List is found HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/achievements/).

merzitar
06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I'd like an achievement for getting an A with all characters on Battle Mode.

Leon McLane
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
It could be 1000 gamerscore.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/90732.png (http://exophase.com/gamercards/)

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/375815/0/default.png (http://www.playfire.com/Leonx)Xbox Gamercards (http://www.playfire.com/)

Eddy Kemp
07-07-2011, 12:16 AM
It could be 1000 gamerscore.

Whoah, wtf, it *is* 1000 gamerscore?? But only 12 achievements??? Could be a super easy 1k.

Now, where is my RE4 HD 'chievo list...

GILLHUHN
07-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Well looks like this game will have 1000G after all so maybe RE4 will to. Kinda weird though 12 achievements worth 1000G why only 12?

Shelton
07-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Why wouldn't it have 1000GS? It is a retail game being released on Games on Demand...

The list is incredibly dull. I do wonder why devs don't take advantage of the full 50 achievements on offer, it can only be laziness as it is not hard to think up the achievements. Even so, I will enjoy playing through the game and seeing the achievements pop as I progress.

xI C0uch P0tat0
07-07-2011, 01:46 AM
It appears that every achievement can be gained simply by just playing through the story.

Chaos MAN
07-07-2011, 01:59 AM
It appears that every achievement can be gained simply by just playing through the story.
No, to get the rocket launcher to unlock you have to beat the game in under 4 and a half hours without saving/dieing. Have fun.:)

PreacherOfHell
07-07-2011, 02:06 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game, it's my favorite RE ever, I remember playing it on the Dreamcast non-stop. Looking forward to this one...

But the achievement list could have been longer, I only see two achievements that aren't story related ('Duty and Humanity' which requires you to deliver the medicine to the guard and later in the game receive the double machine guns with Chris and 'Weapon Crazy'). Easy 1000g for anyone with a good guide.

PreacherOfHell
07-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Oh, and 'Battle Master' isn't story-related, you have to play through Battle Mode to get the Linear Launcher ; D

Mil
07-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Didn't u get the rocket launcher by beating the game in less than x hours? I forgot.

The linear Launcher will be challenging, but everything else seems easy/unmissable if i remember correctly

Jraa7
07-07-2011, 05:25 AM
I am looking forward this game
I remember that I never stop playing this game in Dreamcast & Gamecube
finaly It will towards my achievements

ReD S1X
07-07-2011, 06:32 AM
is it possible to get that rocket launcher achievement while playing it on Easy?

gingeee85
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
cant wait to play this, loved veronica, been playing on dreamcast and every achievment in there is dead easy, this has to be a 1 out of 10 rating lol

wildwest08
07-07-2011, 08:33 AM
you mean easy 1000?

ruslan74
07-07-2011, 08:48 AM
You definitely know what you are on about? From what the PS2 guides say some of the weapon related achievements are very very hard for mere mortals like me. :p

Gor1lla
07-07-2011, 08:56 AM
The Rocket Launcher shouldn't be a problem, once you played through it for 1-2 times. Linear launcher sounds much harder to get.

Painkiller Q8
07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Unlock Rocket Launcher
Complete the main game of Code Veronica X with an "A" Ranking to earn the Rocket Launcher. To do this, you must not use First Aid Spray, not save your game, not retry, save Steve from the Luger room quickly, give the Medicine to your jailer Rodrigo and finish in under four hours, thirty minutes. Then, when you begin another game, the Launcher will be available from the first Item Box you run across.

What a pain in the ass :)

Gor1lla
07-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh well, you gotta achieve, what gota achieve :D
I don't think that it will be THAT hard, just the point about not saving is bugging me a bit, because i don't want to play for so long.

Battle Mode sounds harder than this

evo_4
07-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Nope. Linear Launcher is easier than rocket. Remember the Hunters from previous RE titles? Theyre hard to kill, and instantly kill you if your health is lower than green...:woop:

Gor1lla
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Ouch...never played Code: Veronica tbh... Are there any other uberweapons to help you get through the game?

SpongebobRoundpants
07-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I couldn't believe when I saw 12 achievements for 1000G!!! They probably made it so easy so everybody would just buy the game and its going to work!!

El Grave
07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I couldn't believe when I saw 12 achievements for 1000G!!! They probably made it so easy so everybody would just buy the game and its going to work!!

You know how you get the rocket launcher right? Guess not, goodluck finishing the game without dying and saving within like 4,5 hours. Thats when you get the rocket launcher. So easy my ass ;)

Mil
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
You know how you get the rocket launcher right? Guess not, goodluck finishing the game without dying and saving within like 4,5 hours. Thats when you get the rocket launcher. So easy my ass ;)

1. Beat the game in under 4:30.
2. No First Aid Sprays.
3. No Saves.
4. No retries.

But I don't remember if it could be done in easy. If you can do it in easy then it's still rather easy

Gor1lla
07-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Can you use the Linear Launcher to get the Rocken Launcher? :D

merzitar
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Upon further reflection, I think this achievement list is ok... it seems a bit of an achievement booster (except for about three achievements), but to be honest, there's not much else they could have done, apart from things like kill 25 enemies with the (INSERT WEAPON HERE!) or kill the Nosferatu with the knife (as people tell me there is a different outcome). I still have high-hopes for Resident Evil 4's achievements though because it's a much bigger game. Alsooooooooo this achievement list could get bigger - just look at Perfect Dark: originally, 12 achievements were revealed... but then, just before its release, we find out that it actually has 20 achievements.

TakahashiDemon
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Does sound hard, but Im sure with enough practice it'll be possible to do, they won't put something into the game that people wouldn't be able to do, thats how I see it.

CyanideSpirit
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I better start buffing up on my Resident Evil puzzle skills, but I think I remember most of them from Code Veronica.

Headless Snip3r
07-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I never played this on PS2, but I am a RE fan. The two weapons look difficult, but are all of the other achievements storyline??

The Stray
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Well, even though its a real easy 1000, there are some ways to make it simple, as I hope the halfway point is there where you beat Tyrant a 2nd time makes you save your game, but it doesn't count as a true save, it still counts as "00" in your game save.

And B.G. will sometimes be a pain with Wesker and that powerful knife.

And actually, you get the R.L. once its in your inventory at the start of the game (if you beat it in the req. time.), not the Item Box as it mentions though.

Iban Spell
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Yay I don't care about the achievements, this is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm totally gonna buy it. But for me they sound pretty straight linear, so I dont think people will suffer with this one

The Stray
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Here are some simple answers...

1. There is no selectible difficulty setting.
2. All first 10 achievements are story related with the exception of 2 which requires you to unlock them. 1 is the R.L. (Normal Game beaten in 4:30 with an A rank.) and the other 1 is the L.L. (Battle Game beaten with all 5 Chars with A ranks.)
3. The L.L. is only used to kill Alexia and that's it.

L0cke89
07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry, but getting the rocket launcher is easy. Once you know how the game works, enemies are easy to avoid/kill.

And you can use herbs, which are EVERYWHERE.

Also about the saves. In the original version you get an automatic save at the middle of the game (won't spoil the part for new players). I think it will remain in this version as it seems just to be an updated port and not a remake.

Fighting/Avoiding enemies is not as hard as fighting in Dead Space's Hardcore mode. The difficulty is low and as I said, once you know the layout from playing the game once and watching some A-Rank vid on Youtube, there is just the challenge to not fuck up.

The time is not a killer either. Beating the game under 4:30 is not hard. I think most people obtaining the achievement will have around 3:30-4:00 even with mistakes. With the save in the middle you can do a 1:30 and another 2:00 hour run. Yeah, messing up and having to restart again seems tedious in this compared to Dead Space, because of the puzzles and slower pace but it is much easier if you watch some videos and know exactly what to do.

Or just go over to gamefaqs. It's filled with so many guides for this game ;P

Leon McLane
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
12 achs = 1000gs. Why not about 30 achievements. It is very few.

Razzazzika
07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Whoa! I was thinking this was an arcade release until I saw the gamerscore. Damn 12 ach for 1000gs? That doesn't seem right...

JuSt BLaZe
07-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm a lil late but finally it's out and I can only agree with most of the guys in here, the list looks pretty fast forward except for the R.L. & L.L. cheevo. But I think for RE-Veterans who had already played this game on the older systems this won't be a match. Unless...they made a few changes for the achievement-requirement hehe.

S1L3NTxSH0T
07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Really? Easy 1000G. Nuff said.

Randoman
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Aren't Code Veronica and RE4 coming in the same disc in Japan? Does that mean you can earn 2000 gamerscore with only one disc? That's weird

SmoothedCookie
07-12-2011, 01:52 AM
I'd like an achievement for getting an A with all characters on Battle Mode.

You do get that with the Linear Launcher achievement, it's going to be awesome.

SmoothedCookie
07-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm a lil late but finally it's out and I can only agree with most of the guys in here, the list looks pretty fast forward except for the R.L. & L.L. cheevo. But I think for RE-Veterans who had already played this game on the older systems this won't be a match. Unless...they made a few changes for the achievement-requirement hehe.

I've been playing Resident Evil since the release of Resident Evil 3 way back when, and I've played, and completed almost every game to date, many, many times, not to sound too cocky or anything, but this list is pitiful, I'll manage it in 1 playthrough.

merzitar
07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
You do get that with the Linear Launcher achievement, it's going to be awesome.
You sure do! I'm glad that they have two main achievements that I wanted in the first place.

zzamaro
07-16-2011, 05:52 AM
I like the achievements more than the ones from RE4. They are more difficult considering the fact you must get an "A" in both battle mode and story mode. I already did that on the PS2 but it's quite a chore because I think you can't save, only at the middle of the game. In battle mode, Wesker will be a difficult task because he only has a knife.

zzamaro
07-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Aren't Code Veronica and RE4 coming in the same disc in Japan? Does that mean you can earn 2000 gamerscore with only one disc? That's weird

It's not weird. On the PS3, some collections have 3 games, and that makes 3 platinums which could be considered 3000 gamerscore. The Sly Collectioin has extra content and overall, that could be considered 3200 gamerscore. The MGS collection will most likely to have 3000 gamerscore.

zzamaro
07-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Can you use the Linear Launcher to get the Rocken Launcher? :D

No. When you unlock the LL, it'll usable ONLY on battle mode. When you get the RL, it'll ONLY usable on story mode.

Here are some simple answers...

1. There is no selectible difficulty setting.
2. All first 10 achievements are story related with the exception of 2 which requires you to unlock them. 1 is the R.L. (Normal Game beaten in 4:30 with an A rank.) and the other 1 is the L.L. (Battle Game beaten with all 5 Chars with A ranks.)
3. The L.L. is only used to kill Alexia and that's it.

#2 is partially wrong. One of the achievements is to give a guy "R'(to avoid spoilers) a medicine. That's pretty much optional which means that achievement is missable. If you don't give him the medicine, you'll miss some ammo and a weapon.

The Stray
07-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I forgot to fix that, I know that ones missable, but can be easily done, hence why I didn't edit that, but at least that's needed to open the Duruliam Cases which will give you Claire's Handgun Upgrade and ammo for both the Bow Gun (Powder) and Magnum.

RateD DemoNic
08-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Actually found this to be one of the longest resi games till i played 5, cheev completion will prob be a 3/10 as not dying on veronica was a pain in the ass as hunters always killed me!!!!

sadfez
08-06-2011, 05:18 PM
If they include the free save during the original disc change. Would you be able to reload that save if you die without messing up the A rank?

Edit: in other words. If you die, chose not to retry, then load the free save. Does that add a retry?

The Stray
08-12-2011, 07:49 PM
If you die, chose not to retry, then load the free save. Does that add a retry?

Nope, reloading that save at the mid-point will still count towards the A-rank, and does not count as a retry.

KimYoonChang
09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
i don't understand 'From The Young Lady' Explanation.
-->
When Claire meets "Alexia" right after you pick up the 3rd proof after exiting the mansion, a cutscene will trigger.

plz explain it!!

Felly117
09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
850 looks easy getting the rocket launcher though will require a day off work

backbiter
09-27-2011, 01:40 AM
Day off indeed or perhaps a free weekend.

xRyudo
09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
The time is not a killer either. Beating the game under 4:30 is not hard. I think most people obtaining the achievement will have around 3:30-4:00 even with mistakes. With the save in the middle you can do a 1:30 and another 2:00 hour run. Yeah, messing up and having to restart again seems tedious in this compared to Dead Space, because of the puzzles and slower pace but it is much easier if you watch some videos and know exactly what to do.

Or just go over to gamefaqs. It's filled with so many guides for this game ;P

^Agreed. I actually managed to get Poisoned as Claire in the battle against Nosferatu and had to do the little sidequest to cure her, but I still managed to get under 4:30 even with all the mistakes I made from not remembering certain things lol.

Sora64
10-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Yeah I just got it done in one sitting took almost 4 hours also because I forgot certain stuff half way in.

Destro
11-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Took me 9 hours couple minutes(actually i aimed for under 10, i was ok with my time) and a D rank...

But, i did a pretty good run, had lots of item left, how you can say that in english... i took my time to ... savor the game(can i say this...) anyway you know what i mean... apreciate every details, every cutscene, every minutes of it... For me thats how this RE should be played...

But not that much regret for the 1000... cause if i could speed my run, sure, i could not do it in one siting, i would die, i know it, and im not the kind of guy to play these game for too long, i do them by fraction of 1:30H or so to be sure to always have fun.

theirishmagnum
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I gave some incite that will help you all out! Check out teh paralyzer's post in the 3rd thread, or first I think lol You guys are allowed 3 saves! You will see a point system chart in one of these 2 threads! DO IT :Bounce:

Teh Paralyzer
02-09-2012, 04:18 AM
I gave some incite that will help you all out! Check out teh paralyzer's post in the 3rd thread, or first I think lol You guys are allowed 3 saves! You will see a point system chart in one of these 2 threads! DO IT :Bounce:

It's also added to the guide.

Delow317
11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
To the people saying that Beating the game under those conditions is easy are full of shit. Even if the game did pause, I still wouldn't attempt that fucking acheivement. My memory sucks, I get lost real easily, and there is absolutely no margin for error if you fuck up.

If I would have known about that rocket launcher acheivement would stop me from getting the full GS in this game I would have never have bought this again as I only bought it for the acheivements having played the shit out of this on the Sega Dreamcast.

Fuck you Capcom, not everyone has a photocentric memory and not everyone can do speedruns with no margin for error. Thanks capcom, because of YOU I'll have to deal with this staying at 11/12. There is about as much incentive of me going for Weapon Crazy as I would have to attempt those seriously fucked up super difficult acheivements in Portal in The Orange Box.

To me Weapon Crazy makes Mile High Club (COD4) a walk in the park. Definitely not worth the effort for me.