PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live tv

ACE 120200
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Anyone hear about that Live TV would becoming to XBOX LIVE?

I have and wanted to post it here for discussion. I will be cancelling my cable and phone and doubling my internet speed this week in preparation for this. I also opened a Huluplus account, because all we do is watch our DVR anyway, I don't know the last time we have watched live tv...LOL

Thought this would make for interesting thread and a way to find out more about this for myself. Not sure how much info is out there about this. I happy to save $90 per month on my bills though...LOL

gamerguy69
06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I have heard discussions about this as well although I'm not ready to drop cable this very moment. :confused:

Still nothing such as a launch date announced either. It may replace a cable sub. for some people but there are licensing deals that would need to be worked out.

A couple of years ago there was talk about Xbox working in conjunction with AT&T U-verse. See, nothing has yet launched on that front either.

Hulu+ by itself doesn't carry every network and TV show.

I get my internet through my cable co. and it is packaged with my TV service. Internet alone from them would be quite a bit more.

StillTIPPIN187
06-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Pretty sure your still gonna need to pay and have active satellite for this to work.

I think its gonna be similar to the AtandT Uverse on xbox.. where you it sorta feeds off the other satellite box.

and yes AtandT Uverse has lauched on xbox here in the states.

But who knows.. Im still interested in much like you.

ACE 120200
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I realize there will be more cost involved, but i will still be cheaper then my service now. Plus I am not receiving the highest speed I can yet with my internet. As for other shows not carried by Huluplus I can hook up my laptop to my tv and watch anything that way.

Just a good fit for us, We never let TV show guide our lives, we always watch them whenever we get around to it. It will be an adjustment for my 2 boys, but we have netflixs and blockbuster for their room xboxes. Just seems like the best way to go with us having 3 xboxes in the house.

Darw1nsAp3
06-27-2011, 08:44 PM
The way I understand it, you will still have to have cable for you to be able to access it. Kind of like you have to have espn on Time Warner cable to get espn3 on live.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
06-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I want the AT&T uverse on the xbox so I dint have to have so many boxes in my house haha

gamerguy69
06-28-2011, 12:21 AM
I want the AT&T uverse on the xbox so I dint have to have so many boxes in my house haha

And that in turn will cause more wear and tear on your Xbox. Good luck with that.

ACE 120200
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
The way I understand it, you will still have to have cable for you to be able to access it. Kind of like you have to have espn on Time Warner cable to get espn3 on live.

right from: http://espn.go.com/espn3/faq#30
ESPN3 on XBOX LIVE

What are the requirements for ESPN on Xbox Live?

To access ESPN on Xbox LIVE, you must be connected to Xbox LIVE, have downloaded the ESPN application to your hard drive or memory unit, and have a current US Xbox LIVE Gold membership. To access live and on-demand event programming, you must access LIVE from an ESPN3.com affiliated provider. If you do not have an ESPN3.com-affiliated service provider, you can still access ESPN on Xbox LIVE and receive daily clips and highlights from ESPN.com. ESPN3.com is currently available in more than 65 million homes – a majority of U.S. homes via many Internet Service Providers of all sizes nationwide, including Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, Cox, Charter, Windstream, RCN, Insight, Frontier, Cavalier, Mediacom, Conway, Grande Communications. It is also available at no cost to approximately 21 million U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers connected to on-campus educational networks and on-base military networks. For more details and a complete list of providers, click here (http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList?device=null).

(I have a pending provider Service Electric Cable TV) - Still get the highlights and stuff on Xbox live. So not sure this is correct that I need a cable provider to have TV on Xbox, what would be the selling point there?

And that in turn will cause more wear and tear on your Xbox. Good luck with that.

I thought of that and I'm looking into these kind of devices as well.
http://shop.roku.com/

The point is I'm tired of F'in companies raping me just so I can watch like 5 channels on my TV. If they would let you pick the channels You want to see and only pay for those, plus local ones, for maybe like $10-20. That would be cool, but they don't. The channels like are discovery, history, food network.....etc. and you have to have the higher package...BS!!!

utvolvet
07-03-2011, 03:48 AM
ESPN3 is STILL not available on Xbox Live to customers of Time Warner Cable... although TWC is THE poster sponsor of the ESPN3.com service.