PDA

View Full Version : best NBA free agency pickup

Cloak
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
i'm gonna have to go with rashard lewis o the magic added much needed depth and outside shooting to the team, your thoughts?

SegaSaturnSNK
07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Lewis is alright, not a big fan of him but Howard sure hell would be happy having him in his team. Orlando needs Lewis and a true shooting guard.

As for me, best FA out there is Mo Williams imo. Heat are trying to get him but they might not because the Heat can't offer him more money unless they do a sign and trade deal which I doubt will happen. Bucks are offering Williams a lot of money but I rather go to a team that has a chance of winning a title or at least WIN and take little money than going to a shitty team and taking a lot of money.

spikedzombies
07-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Lewis is not worth it, whoever picks up KG will be the winner in FA this year.

Jdm
07-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Lewis is not worth it, whoever picks up KG will be the winner in FA this year.

K.G. to my Warriors...what a dream come true that would be.:woop: I have no clue what the Warriors will be doing next. They traded J. Rich, when they said he'll stay, so I guess anything can happen.

Lifter Puller
07-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Lewis is not worth it, whoever picks up KG will be the winner in FA this year.--KG isn't a FA until next year.

While not really a free agency pickup I'd say the Nets resigning Vince Carter has been the best so far.

bdg7884
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Lewis is by far the best pick-up in FA so far... The Magic were and 8 seed in the playoffs last year in the crappy east. Howard carried them to that position so Lewis is only going to help. You can't count Billups or Carter as FA! They had no intention of leaving there teams, they just wanted to scare the shit out of them so they could get paid. Guess what... It worked.

SegaSaturnSNK
07-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Best pick up FA for over 120 million dollars for 6 years? I think not, the guy isn't even close to being worth over 120 millions for 6 years. Orlando is so stupid. Desperate as hell for paying someone who isn't even a great player for over 120 million. They could of gotten away with 100 million or less at least. They should of paid over 120 million for Howard than Lewis imo.

bdg7884
07-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Best pick up FA for over 120 million dollars for 6 years? I think not, the guy isn't even close to being worth over 120 millions for 6 years. Orlando is so stupid. Desperate as hell for paying someone who isn't even a great player for over 120 million. They could of gotten away with 100 million or less at least. They should of paid over 120 million for Howard than Lewis imo.
I didn't know the contract... That's alot for Lewis! He's good, but not that good. I think he will shine being out of the shadow of Ray Allen, although he will have to put up better numbers then Howard to not be in his shadow.

SegaSaturnSNK
07-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I didn't know the contract... That's alot for Lewis! He's good, but not that good. I think he will shine being out of the shadow of Ray Allen, although he will have to put up better numbers then Howard to not be in his shadow.

Once Howard starts playing like a monster, he'll def. over shadow Lewis. I think both will play fairly well together though. They're def. a playoff team now and has a chance to go further the first round. Plus, East is easy to play in. Even though Nets, Knicks, and Bobcats did well this off season. Boston is a question mark for me. Don't know how Ray Allen and Paul Pierce is going to play together.

C Murder 810
07-20-2007, 08:56 PM
i think the best pick up so far is rashard lewis but i wouldnt pay him 120 mill, not even close. but they need a small forward since grant hill went to the suns. it doesnt make them a contender in the weak eastern conference but will give miami a run for the division title.

cdawgoku
07-21-2007, 04:55 AM
While he is getting paid, he is still worth getting big money. at 22-7 last season, playing behind an aging Ray Allen, he produced. He scored more points than any other Magic(22.4), Would have the 2nd most RPG(6.5), The most steals(1.1), 4th in assist(2.4). The problem w/ the Magic is that they don't have a natural PF and would have to play Rashard or Hedo outta place, and w/o true guards, they're doomed as a 1st round hopeful, maybe 2nd round playoff team.
Jameer doesn't pass enough and JJ isn't big enough. DOOMED.

Most of you are probably overlooking the Derek Fisher pick up by LA. LA now has an experienced guard to push the younger cats into producing and can push LA into, a solid team. Maybe not the team they once were, but w/ a health squad, they could make an impact.

Steve Francis by Houston could also be a solid pickup if they can use him right. Most people over look the fact that Francis has played outta position at the 2 for the past two years in NYK. and while not the prolific scorer he once was, if he can play PG and back up T-Mac and Yao, they'll be a solid 1-2-3 punch.

Mr Striker09
07-21-2007, 05:48 PM
the Rockets made the best pickups to improve their team. without spending a lot.

DarKnight80
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, I think Chauncey Billups or Vince Carter were the best free agents on the market, but they stayed with their respective teams.

As far as a player trading teams, then I think Rashard Lewis was the best pick-up. The Orlando Magic needed someone like him. I mean, the Magic are in the Southeast Division where the only team that has really done anything lately is the Miami Heat, so the Magic might have a chance next season.

Nbag3
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm going to have to say the best free agent signing was my Blazers picking up Steve Blake. I think he'll emerge as the starter and really help distribute to our three young talents. Jarret Jack is good but Steve Blake is a better fit for the Blazers in my opinion.

ZacY2J
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Gerry MacNamera....

yoyojovan
08-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Rashard Lewis got overpaid from Orlando. Darko was a good pick-up for Memphis. D-Fish was a good pick-up for LA. KG, Ray Allen was also huge. Other then that, its been the norm and I as a huge NBA fan, can't wait for the upcoming season. It's gonna be tight.