PDA

View Full Version : Small tip for those who are in a Bind in Archenemy.

Ayx
06-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Well others have recommended swarming with Illusions to breeze your way in, but sometimes there is something worse than the schemes that screw you over last minute after a 30 minute duel. Your teammates AI.

To have a bit of an edge if you're still in a bind, try this:

- Whenever it's your opponent's turn, Press Start > Settings > AI : Mage.

- It'll save as you exit, when they're in Mage mode they normally attack blindly and sometimes block on situations that normally one would let slide for some chip damage.

- Now, the problem is when you're on Mage. Your teammates could have the card that can change the game around (Example, the mana deck. The woman can have the Eldrazi in her hand for turns and if she has three mana gaining spells, she casts the spells even if she had the 10 mana for turns.) but they don't because they can't complicate the game.

- When it's your turn go back to the Settings and change the difficulty to Plainswalker, they'll do the strongest moves they can come up with. Once you're done with your turns rinse and repeat.

It's common to forget to change it back to Mage when it's his turn, but it'll become more instinct after you continue through the campaign. I was stuck for a few duels against the Vampire deck and after that it worked out fine.

Mostly for a last resort, but even as an experienced Magic player for years knowing that this game is more luck than anything else having this edge could help out especially against Bolas.

Good luck!

IDiivil
07-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Great tip, man. Thank you.

Ivan Mendez
07-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Aw, I just bought a Yu-Gi-Oh card game 30 minuets ago, i should have bought this.