PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock DLC achievements?

Teniente Ripley
06-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Well More Speed, Less Haste (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/operation-flashpoint-red-river/achievement/54182-More-Speed--Less-Haste.html) is very easy and VOD Master (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/operation-flashpoint-red-river/achievement/54179-VOD-Master.html) is easy to understand but not easy to unlock.

Now i want to know how unlock Lethal Modelling Clay (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/operation-flashpoint-red-river/achievement/54183-Lethal-Modelling-Clay.html).This achievement is only in last stand with the tanks?

And Millionaires' Club (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/operation-flashpoint-red-river/achievement/54181-Millionaires--Club.html) is very hard due to points to gold(500.000) and no infinite smaw!!!!Only javelin and stinger :( Any tactics to 1.000.000?

Finish with Unstoppable (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/operation-flashpoint-red-river/achievement/54180-Unstoppable.html) achievement is easy to understand but a little hard.Any tactics?

Thanks.

DEG23
06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Is the DLC worth it? I enjoyed the FTE maps, they were fun to play multiple times but after a while i needed a break.
Are these ones similar, or more frustrating?

o D M C o
06-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I have the dlc but havent played it yet so I cant give you any answers but I have to say these look way harder than the original 1000gs. That million point 1 could be vicious, hopefully its not as hard as it sounds. Even if it isnt that hard its gonna take ages to get to 1mil, about 3hrs or something stupid. That is not gonna be much fun with randoms, especially if it takes multiple attempts

CuppaChoc
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Modelling clay - yep, got it last night. The only tanks I've seen are in Last Stand. High Ground seems a little easier to me to get it on.

The golds on these maps will be about as hard as the get to wave 5 achievement was, I seem to remember getting over 500,000 when I got that achievement. So, the million is technically doable, I suspect a little easier on High Ground once you have roles and technique nailed, but I see the biggest problem will be getting the party to stay in the game for that long. 3 hours maybe? If someone quits or lags out they take their points with them which was frustrating last night as you get to about 400,000 and then someone drops, lost over 100,000 just like that.

For unstoppable, just pick one map and rinse and repeat with the same group until you nail it - that's what we did. If the convoy stops, restart. Each time we'd learn the placements better, get quicker, get further ahead to flush out the threats and eliminate earlier. We tried all in one vehicle to start, then tried 2 vehicles to get ahead, the first rushing past the first threat to eliminate the second village threat, etc. Get with a group, communicate and hone your method. I think we ended up with 2 running cross country, 2 in one vehicle, just trying to get as far ahead as possible to flush out the enemy and eliminate to keep the convoy rolling.

Alkal1neTri0
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey i was the leader of the group last night! we had it nailed by the end of it. Took quite a bit of efficient team work to get it, and we where basically running and taking out enemies at the same time! we where like a well oiled killing machine!

One thing to note is, im pretty sure our convoy stopped for about one second due to an obstruction, but we still got the achievement, so perharps it only counts if you order them to stop?

Tried to get the million points last night, was incredibly hard and didnt even come close. The lack of SMAW's is deadly. if a APC gets into your base, its basically game over, as the javelin takes a long to line up

Although i understand why they took the SMAW away as people where abusing it. Makes the last stand even more tactical and hard now!

Alkal1neTri0
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Is the DLC worth it? I enjoyed the FTE maps, they were fun to play multiple times but after a while i needed a break.
Are these ones similar, or more frustrating?

Im loving the DLC, totally worth it in my opinion, and only 560msp!

Although they have made all the FTE's more challenging, but thats a welcome change for me. Might be frustating to some though

CuppaChoc
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
we where like a well oiled killing machine!

Yes we were. :)

The groups I played with later on didn't stay together long enough. Managed to C4 a tank though. One game got to 400k then someone left, bam, back to 300k just like that.

Gonna be tough to get a million.

DEG23
06-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah i went ahead and downloaded it last night, 560 points isn't that bad.
But agree, the maps are tough, i gold medaled the original maps after a few tries but these ones demand perfection.

CSAR is the only 2 i have gotten gold on so far. I thought combat sweep would be easy but playing by myself, i'm missing out by a fair few points. Definately going to have to play these with 3 others. But i am glad to see that Codemasters has stepped up the difficulty with these ones, although i'm missing out on gold, i'm actually enjoying them

DEG23
06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Forgot to ask anyone with the DLC about the rolling thunder achievement finish with out the convoy stopping.

Does anyone know if this means you ordering the convoy to stop. Because last night i was playing through and was clearing the road ahead of the convoy, cleared an entire village, drove off and an IED stopped the convoy, no leader or sudden spawn team, just an IED out of no where. Thought i would keep playing on but later the convoy stopped becuase i left our humvee in the middle of the road

This is something that is happening quite a bit when i play rolling thunder and i don't know how to avoid it. Just wondering if it has happened to anyone else?

Acheru
06-30-2011, 10:48 AM
I think the new achievements are a bit over the top. If someone wants to go for them seriously, please add me to your games. I reckon they'll be impossible to get playing random people. 2 days and I failed to unlock a single one, so far...

DEG23
06-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Okay so i'm slowly making my way through the gold medals, just a matter of running each map a few times until you get the hang of it but this unstoppable is driving me crazy.

I've found the first DLC map, the day time one, is the easiest as most enemies are located in small pockets around each set of buildings. So we race ahead clear out an area, move on to the next and when the convoy arrives there is an IED, no IED leader or enemies appear, just the driver yelling out they have been hit. I made it all the way through the map without ordering the convoy to stop and clearing out each section but everytime there is an IED out of no where.

By late last night, the people i was playing with had given up, so i replayed with an army of Taylors and the AI was nailing everyone with the .50. I get to the last group of buildings, did a full sweep of the area, no enemies, then bam IED.

Although i am enjoying the DLC, to get gold medals and achievements you need to play it like COD and run and gun, there is no way you can get gold, playing the traditional tactical Operation Flashpoint way, little disappointed with Codemasters

Mabro
07-02-2011, 06:34 AM
I hate Hold the Line. Same group I got the Millionaire achievement with on High Ground couldn't break 300K on Hold the Line. Any advice on what people should be doing and from where they should be doing it?

I've been putting AT mines along the main road, then sitting up on the hill with the emplacement near the main base, using the Javelin there to take out the vehicles coming over the hill to the north. That works well for awhile. The problem, I suppose, is that there don't seem to be any other decent positions.

I made it all the way through the map without ordering the convoy to stop and clearing out each section but everytime there is an IED out of no where.
It seems as if a few enemies don't spawn until the convoy gets close enough, even if the players have already moved through that area. I've never had one of those late spawners be an IED leader, but it might be a possibility if, say, in a given game each enemy on the map has a chance to be designated one of the leaders. If so, just bad luck.

For what it's worth, we got Unstoppable on Red Eye. Drove the Humvee straight down the hill at the beginning rather than turning right. That was all the buffer we needed.

PERSUADER2
07-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I got unstopable solo yesterday. tried 4 hours on day time one as i thought it would be easier. I was wrong. Red eye is much shorter and you get a huge head start by driving straight over the hill. The important thing is practice and learn the different IED point AND where the RPG Tajies are. It is easiest if you drive through an IED area and spawn the IED leader and then fire back on the enemies. Kill the leader, up straight back in and drive away.

It is important to know that only the set RPG and IED enemies can stop the convoy, they will make it through all the other enemies.

Now, if someone could please tell me what wave the tanks come on the last stands that would be awesome!

If you need any help with unstopable let me know :)

starmonday
07-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Now, if someone could please tell me what wave the tanks come on the last stands that would be awesome!

If you need any help with unstopable let me know :)

On High Ground, Tanks will start coming from the street in the back of the base in wave 4.1
What I did was running up the street and planting a C4 near the burned tank, as you can then stay at the high building and have a clear view on where your C4 is placed.

Suki
07-05-2011, 07:42 AM
i had an idea for unstoppable which we will try later, this is party of 4 have one guy in the truck the whole mission driving slowly to slow the convoy down so the other 3 guys can run ahead and clear out, will let u know if this works.