PDA

View Full Version : 100 friends (Friends List Full)

CypherDextrous
06-30-2011, 04:09 AM
How many times have you had to delete someone off your friends list so you could add somebody else? For me it's pretty much on a regular basis. The rule of thumb is 30 days offline and your gone, but why should we have to delete anyone. Microsoft's says it's something to do with the original xbox halo 2 servers or something. Which is no longer an issue. I'm at the point where I don't want to delete anyone because I've known alot of my friends since 360s launch.

There's been rumors that an update is coming that will allow you to have way more friends. Who knows if it's true. I want to take action and make the friends list extension happen soon. The Best idea I have so far is to get as many people as I can to go HERE (http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/Feedback.aspx?formID=43) copy and paste this -> (The friends list capacity should be extended! 100 friends is not enough.) Submit the feedback and hope for the best. You don't even have to sign in to xbox.com to do it.

If you have any suggestions to help me make this happen let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

StolenPaper18
06-30-2011, 04:14 AM
I've never had this problem. I usually only add friends and people I play with on a regular basis.

I do think they should up the limit though. I always hear about people having full friends lists...so why not make it so you can have more?

BluWolve
06-30-2011, 04:20 AM
sorry but I am not going to spam your request for you, a better idea would be to start a petition and get people to sign it, but I doubt MS would even care whatever you do.

Do you honestly play and talk to all those 100 people on your friends list? I delete people if I dont play with or speak to them for 1 week, unless they are someone I actually know in real life, So my Friends list is not very full.

HaloXtremist
06-30-2011, 04:41 AM
I can't even imagine having 100+ friends to scroll through.

Chaosx721
06-30-2011, 04:48 AM
It maybe annoying, but you're in the small percent of people who have this problem, and for Microsoft its not a top priority of theirs to get it fixed as soon as you want it. Microsoft has said that they'll be extending the friends list, but it may not be as easy as you think and may take sometime to get it up and working. So just wait.

Phat Chimpanzee
06-30-2011, 04:48 AM
What would you need more than 100 friends for? I think the most i've had was around 50. It gets real annoying scrolling through so many people as well as having all of them constantly logging on. I have 20 now, and it's the few I actually play with.

Genesis x360a
06-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Had this problem once when I first joined XBL and accepted every friends request I got :p But now 4 years on the only people I have on my friends list are Family & Friends I know in person and people who I was properly friends with and played with on a regular basis over the years. It would be nice for people to have to option to add more people but its not something I think Microsoft arnt to concerned about atm. I mean I cant see anybody talking and playing with the whole 100 people on a regular basis.

hydrosugar
06-30-2011, 05:52 AM
i clean people off my list if i see they are inactive, plus i never actually bother sending fr's in the first place so ive only gone as high as 50 anyway.(if someone sends me one, they aren't assholes and i think we could play the same game again in the future, i'll usually accept them)

lol come to think of it minus the game part that's exactly how i use facebook :)

dakisbac
06-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Most I've had at any point was around 70 so no, I've not had the problem. I see a lot of people on this forum say something about deleting people after 30 days or so but I'll keep people a lot longer than that, probably because they had to be pretty cool to get on the list in the first place. Eventually though if you don't talk to them or they aren't playing anymore you just have to start deleting people. At the end of the day nobody really needs to have 100 people on the list. I'd support increasing the max but again 100 is already more than enough.

milecoupe
06-30-2011, 06:28 AM
I've had this problem even befor the 360 came out on the first xbox.I've been playing since live came out and i've had alot of friendships from that first year and i've added more every single year.It's gotten to the point i have a really hard time trying to find someone to remove because i know everyone pretty much really well.I wish it'd be bumped up even to 125 as then i'd be good for afew years.

Befor anyone asks i play with at least 75/100 per month if not more and the other 25 are because there overseas or away but they always come back.

mexicanskittle
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
It doesn't happen to me, but it'd be a neat feature.

GrimSovereignty
06-30-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't think I will ever get near having a 100 friends, the closest I got was like 60 then I started deleting people and got back down to like 30..so if they implement feature its whatever for me

Mister Spraggsy
06-30-2011, 07:27 AM
I try not to have any more than 25 people on my list. My friends list is basicly people i no outside of the Xbox world and people in my FIFA club.

RwHu
06-30-2011, 07:28 AM
My friends list is currently at 33. I don't really ever let it get about 40 because you just don't play with that many people. Some of mine are really good friends, friends from school, and a few who are normal to play with and get some achievements with. If your offline for a week, you had better have a really good reason or I know why because I would just remove them.

LawlCake1214
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Majority of the time I have 100. Today I go on and see whos online and see 99 friends. I didn't even know who deleted me, so I dont really care. I need to clean out my friends list of just people who I play with.

Venomized
06-30-2011, 08:07 AM
How many times have you had to delete someone off your friends list so you could add somebody else? For me it's pretty much on a regular basis. The rule of thumb is 30 days offline and your gone, but why should we have to delete anyone. Microsoft's says it's something to do with the original xbox halo 2 servers or something. Which is no longer an issue. I'm at the point where I don't want to delete anyone because I've known alot of my friends since 360s launch.

There's been rumors that an update is coming that will allow you to have way more friends. Who knows if it's true. I want to take action and make the friends list extension happen soon. The Best idea I have so far is to get as many people as I can to go HERE (http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Xbox.com/Feedback.aspx?formID=43) copy and paste this -> (The friends list capacity should be extended! 100 friends is not enough.) Submit the feedback and hope for the best. You don't even have to sign in to xbox.com to do it.

If you have any suggestions to help me make this happen let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

I usually keep around 35-55 friends. If I scroll over there name and I can remember them easily they stay (whether I know them in person, for years on xbox, my old gamertags, etc). If you have 100 friends and delete people regularly then that means you add people all the time that you dont even care about.

100 friends is more than enough. If you cant remember who that friend is when you look at their GT then they shouldnt be on there

My friends list is currently at 33. I don't really ever let it get about 40 because you just don't play with that many people. Some of mine are really good friends, friends from school, and a few who are normal to play with and get some achievements with. If your offline for a week, you had better have a really good reason or I know why because I would just remove them.

You delete people if they dont play xbox for a week? Give me a break. It is only a week! Do you only want to talk to hardcore gamers (people who play a lot)? Not everyone plays xbox everyday. Some people take a week break. I know I have.

ninjachicken
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I only have 10 friends and i know 5 of them in real life so i don't see this as a problem really.

Kunduz
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I've got this problem too, I wished they bumped it up to 150. Since I usually play regularly with most of them....

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
I've never had this problem. I usually only add friends and people I play with on a regular basis.

I do think they should up the limit though. I always hear about people having full friends lists...so why not make it so you can have more?

This.
I personally only have like 30 or so friends.

The limit should probably be higher, but at the same time. The person doesn't play with all 100 of there friends daily/weekly or even monthly. I don't think it would be that hard for M$ to make the limit 150 or 200 though.

Vengeance Inc
06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
my friends list is pretty much always full and choosing who to delete is a major pain. I'm not a hardcore game, i'm a social gamer, but i belong to more than one gaming clan and constantly play with people via those sites, so the number rockets up massively (especially when new people arrive).

the simplest answer, i found, was to setup an xbl silver account purely for the appropriate clan, then use that as a "friends holder" for the less played with people. Therefore for the price of adding one account to my friends list, i now have access to a hundred people via its friends list.

all things said i would much prefer a larger friends list in the first place, but for now, although not an ideal solution, it does work

dakisbac
06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
the simplest answer, i found, was to setup an xbl silver account purely for the appropriate clan, then use that as a "friends holder" for the less played with people. Therefore for the price of adding one account to my friends list, i now have access to a hundred people via its friends list.

I did the same thing way back in the day. Microsoft should just add a separate clan list for this purpose so we don't have to fill up our friends list.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
I always delete people who annoy me, never accept my invites, or haven't been online for 30+ days (unless I know there situation and I can relate).

GamerKing97
06-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I only have about 44 friends, since I've only had the Xbox 360 for about 6 months. I have a few friends that I don't know in real life, but they're pretty cool, I add them as a friend. Of course I also have friends that I know in real life, which is cool, too.

niko da bos
06-30-2011, 09:33 PM

agreed, your daffy duck sig always somehow makes me agree with your posts. that thing rubbin one out to whatever is going on lol.

i used to carry a lot of friends back in high school, but now most dont play anymore, or hardly go online. and its hard for me to remember the GT if i havent met them personally. unless we have played a good ammount of time together. at the moment i only have around 10-15 friends, about 4-5 from high school, a couple halo friends and the rest are from our website.

i couldnt imagine having that many friends again, let alone your 100 friends. i periodically delete all the people on my list except for those who i still talk to/play with. i find it very annoying when i am playing a game and they constantly sign on and off, on and off. then the more friends you have, the more spammed notifications are going everywhere.
^^
yes i know that i can turn off notifications while im playing a game, or watching movies, or allgether. but i would like to know if a friend sends me an invite/message, or even if im popping an achievement. so that idea is no good. i would say around 95% of the time i game it is offline (single player), so i really dont need to know when all these people sign on and off. most of those are people who sign out at the voting lobby for halo, then sign back in to search for another game. ugggggggghhh

sleepydumbdude
06-30-2011, 10:04 PM
I keep mine under 15. Mainly because I like the notification for my actual friends when they get on. All of them are people I know in real life except for 1. If they ever let me group people or let me set notifications just for certain people then I'll add more friends.

I do wish they would change the friendlist up it and allow us to group them and set notifications within those groups.

Worhammer
06-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I've got around 60 on my list, but I clean out 20 - 30 every month as well. The 60 or so that are there are for the most part permanent friends from RL or really good XBL friends that have been on for a year+

Philanthropy
06-30-2011, 10:20 PM
I only have about 44 friends, since I've only had the Xbox 360 for about 6 months. I have a few friends that I don't know in real life, but they're pretty cool, I add them as a friend. Of course I also have friends that I know in real life, which is cool, too.

Why so many pauses lol?

TVC613
07-01-2011, 12:04 AM

I have two accounts set up for that. I have one for my real life friends (main account) or people I am boosting with, as well as really good XBL friends. On my second account , I keep clan members/more good XBL friends. And the third acoount is for random fanboys :p. That one is around ~60 people.

KhaoticRebel
07-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Seriously, this is the story of my life. I'm constantly having to delete people.

Foxxy kyle
07-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Never, I just dont know that many people that actually play xbox that I would want to play with.

CypherDextrous
07-01-2011, 03:05 AM
(Warning long post below)

WOW so many responses. I'm glad to see at least some people agree with me. The reason I posted this is because I've been dealing with this for years now and so have alot of people I've talked to. My friends list is at the point where I can remember all the gamertags. They're either friends in real life, friends I've made or gamers I respect because of their skill. I don't want to delete any of them even if I don't play games with them regularly. Yet I want to be able to add more. I'm not sure if this will change a thing, but I thought it was worth a try. I could try a petition but just trying to get people to leave feedback is hard enough. I pay for my xbox gold subscription yearly and spend alot of money on retail and arcade games and so does everyone else. Why shouldn't we have some say in our online experience. It couldn't be that hard to extend the limit. After all they have had years to change it.

dragonpwnr99
07-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Well I'd love for them to up the max friends list. I right now have 82 friends (I just deleted 12 that i could't remember cause I wanted some room for the 7 friend team fortress 2 achievement) and almost everyone is someone I know, so i don't want to delete them (Probably 80%) and the rest are people I play with regularly or people I am friends with, but don't know outside of xbox.

I wish you could have groups too, so if im boosting certain game I can make groups like, Gears, Team fortress 2, Etc.

A HornyGreenMan
07-01-2011, 03:36 AM
never i hate having too many because then that stupid pop up constantly distracts me

dertswa687o
07-01-2011, 04:18 AM
I think I have somewhere in the 60s (EDIT: 65). I either know them, boosted Seriously in Gears 1 a long time ago with them, or added them for some other reason.

I still mostly play single player games and really only talk to a few people though. I just feel bad about deleting people, though I don't particularly care if someone deletes me.

French_Kid
07-01-2011, 04:34 AM
i currently have 66 ppl on my list ...and I know about 10 IRL. Most of them I added on during one of the many gears 2 xp events....and fairly soon I will be sending a message to all friends to see which ones want to stay on my list.

CyberPunch83
07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
My rule of thumb for deletion of someone is if any of the following 3 criteria are met:

1) Your last online time has lapsed into just plain 'Offline' for a reason other than a system error or another acceptable reason.

2) Your account has lapsed into Silver without a reason provided and the account is not restored to Gold within 2 days.

3) You have been offline for 30 days or more, regardless of your account status and a reason was not provided ahead of time.

TacticalTodger
07-01-2011, 06:01 AM
In my opinion, I don't feel 100 friends is enough. I know many online games which have 200 friend list space and a LOT less players perday. I think it should be rose to 200. Consdiering you need room for. Real life people, Clan, Communtity (imo), Game based playrs. etc.

CypherDextrous
07-01-2011, 09:10 AM
never i hate having too many because then that stupid pop up constantly distracts me
That's why I have notifications turned off. I only turn them on if I'm playing a new game so I know when I got an achievement.

CypherDextrous
07-01-2011, 09:14 AM
dragonpwnr99 that's a cool avatar pic you got there made me lmao

Storm Cobra
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
In my first years on XBox Live i added everybody, so it was often the case ... but in the last year I only add and keep people in my friend list, when I know, that I regulary play with them. So i hardly have over 20 people in my friendlist.