PDA

View Full Version : Lost Gamerpics

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I got a new 360 about 2 months ago. I transferred my gamertag and redownloaded my files but I lost just about all my gamerpictures. Any idea how that happened? Or how to fix it?

I searched and found a thread similar. But this person got the RROD and couldn't redownload bought pics.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Same happened to me.. I came back from the RRoD on a new xbox and couldn't download my old south park pictures.. and I can't even find them on the marketplace o.O

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 06:51 AM
But I didn't RROD. So there shouldn't even be a chance that my file or hard drive got corrupt. Not to say yours did at all when you RROD'd.

Veedrock
06-30-2011, 06:56 AM
and I can't even find them on the marketplace

This is exactly the problem. I imagine a lot of old gamerpics aren't on their servers anymore, so naturally you can't download it because it's not available (EDIT: actually what seems to happen is contest gamerpics are replaced with a generic "Register" pic). So you'll need to transfer the files from your old HDD.

If you did transfer the files (I can't tell, your posts are confusing), you might need to do a license transfer if you haven't.

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 07:08 AM
I transfered my gamertag. All the gamer pictures though, were unlocked through games. I didn't download any off the marketplace.

Genesis x360a
06-30-2011, 07:09 AM
3 ways >

1, you can use a MU/USB Memory Stick and transfer them from your old HDD to your new one .
2, Get a data transfer cable and transfer everything like that.
3, Go to your download history on your 360 and scroll through everything untill you find what you need. Even if its not on the Marketplace anymore you can still re-download stuff through your history.

Ive used all the methods above to transfer and re-download themes, gamerpics, videos Etc. over the 4 360's Ive had :)

Veedrock
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I transfered my gamertag. All the gamer pictures though, were unlocked through games. I didn't download any off the marketplace.

Just to clear this up, Gamerpics aren't stored with your Gamertag. They are separate files in their own section on your hard drive, even those unlocked in-game. Those are the files you'll need to recover from your old hard drive.

Nero x360a & ps3t
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
3 ways >

1, you can use a MU/USB Memory Stick and transfer them from your old HDD to your new one .
2, Get a data transfer cable and transfer everything like that.
3, Go to your download history on your 360 and scroll through everything untill you find what you need. Even if its not on the Marketplace anymore you can still re-download stuff through your history.

Ive used all the methods above to transfer and re-download themes, gamerpics, videos Etc. over the 4 360's Ive had :)
I've looked in the download history section, it's not even there anymore. But there is something that says "content not available" , I take it that was it.

StayonTarget
06-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Just to clear this up, Gamerpics aren't stored with your Gamertag. They are separate files in their own section on your hard drive, even those unlocked in-game. Those are the files you'll need to recover from your old hard drive.

F*ck.
Do you know if you can reunlock them? I sold my old 360 and cleared the hard drive.