PDA

View Full Version : Xbox to lead march on the North

vid ICARUS
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
I logged on to LIVE today to check out what the new avatar gear was and i was excited to see it was American History, in liue of our nation's b-day coming up. What suprised me, however, was the fact that the only Civil War uniform available was a Confederate one. Now, i understand it was part of our history and plenty of people have some sort of misguided loyalty to the Confederates and a hope that the "south will rise again," but i would have figured Xbox would hide these feelings till the actual war broke out. I'm also a little shocked that Xbox is pro-confederacy b/c they are based in Washington state. Can't get much more north then that. Albeit, i don't think that state was around during the war. At bare minimum a Union uniform ought to be added.

PS: does this mean Microsoft is pro-slavery?

StolenPaper18
06-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I think you are WAAAAAAAAAY over-thinking this.

cHRiSCOe
06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
What he said. Your from up north right?

Starstrukk X360A
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
They are pro slavery. They refuse to let us have money and want us to slave away at some random job so we can give them more of our money.

MrStabby1981
06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I have a kim jong outfit surely thats worse.

institutions
06-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes, they're pro-slavery and many other things.
The reason the old 360's used to overheat so much is because the sweatshop children were inexperienced.
They've since grown, and pretty much know what they're doing.

ZedChuva
06-30-2011, 06:00 PM
PS: does this mean Microsoft is pro-slavery?

Of course they are. The only reason I bought an Xbox. If they're not, me and the brothers are going to be PISSED. :mad:

Worhammer
06-30-2011, 10:23 PM
The reason the old 360's used to overheat so much is because the sweatshop children were inexperienced.
Best.
Post.
Evar.

Also, I wish they'd put up some USMC Blues I could wear once in awhile, like on the 4th of July. That'd be awesome. I doubt they'd get permission tho.

punker
06-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Also, I wish they'd put up some USMC Blues I could wear once in awhile, like on the 4th of July. That'd be awesome. I doubt they'd get permission tho.

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain they have those. There was a whole military collection added a few months back. I know there are different Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force outfits available.

Edit-- I guess they don't have the dress blues for USMC... sorry. Here's the link to the Military Collection, though--

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/AvatarMarketplace?Brand=14162

Edit #2. Ha, I'm dumb... I just noticed from your avatar in your sig that you already knew about all this. Carry on!

TVC613
07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Is it okay with you if I sig this?

Foxxy kyle
07-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Yeah..you are defiantly over thinking this. Alot...

Kairi
07-01-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't support slavery O_o and maybe they will add a Union uniform in the future!

CyberPunch83
07-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I think this might be a case of counting the chickens before they hatch. You don't know if MS is going to release a new item every day leading up to July 4th. Just watch, the last item, released on 7/4, will be a Union outfit; hat, jacket, everything. I think that can safely put to bed any rumours that Microsoft has or ever will be pro-slavery.

StillTIPPIN187
07-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Thinking a bit too much lol.