PDA

View Full Version : Must Own Kinect Games?

BigPete7978
07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I have been thinking of picking up a Kinect lately and was wondering which titles I should pick up if I happen to get one. Figured those that own one would be the ones to ask.

CraziedZombies
07-01-2011, 01:43 AM
allot of people play Dance Central and Kinect Sports, and it comes w/ Kinect Adventures.

Foxxy kyle
07-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Dance Central, Kinect Sports, Child of Eden. And kinect adventures comes with it and thats really fun.

Storm Cobra
07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Only played Kinect Adventures and Motion Sports so far ... don't get the last one.

sarcops1
07-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Dance central for sure. Kinectimals is great for the kids.

Lorgar666
07-02-2011, 08:06 AM
My wife bought it for christmas, and it gets boring fairly quickly. Kinect sports is palletable, adventures is pretty awful after the first 30 minutes, zumba is awful full stop.

They have a few more grown up games coming out soon, but they all seem to be 'on rails shooters' so are pretty limited. It's a shame really.

rob magic
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
My kids have kinect and they play dance central, kinectimals and kinect adventures. We rented kinect joyride from dvd shop for them but they said it was rubbish. I have heard that many of the games have response issues. I dont know how true it is but dance central, kinectimals and kinect adventures seem to respond pretty well.

Veddharta
07-03-2011, 07:23 PM
When i bought Kinect end of last year i rented a few of the launch titles.

Recognition works great in Kinect Sport, Dance Central and Adventure.

If there were no update for Sport Island Freedom and Motions sport, that dramaticly increase the recognition you should not even try them.

Joyride is boring after a while. I read that your Shape works also OK. Demo at last was OK.

Just my 5 cts...

Crucifixd
07-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Let me know how it is, im tempted to buy Kinect here in a few paychecks maybe

dramamama79
07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Just curoius what games I should look into picking up for the Kinect. I have a 10 and 6 yr old. I haven't really explored all of the available games yet. Thanks :)

michaela
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Just curoius what games I should look into picking up for the Kinect. I have a 10 and 6 yr old. I haven't really explored all of the available games yet. Thanks :)

If you are looking to get it right now I would say Kinectimals as a given, and if you can wait a few months Disneyland Adventures and Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster will be out. Not sure when exactly sorry but this year.

Crazyaceful
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
kinectimals is a good game if your into animals (some wild animals like tigers lynix etc.) and playing with them with toys and all.

Graivul
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Must own Kinect games?....I'll let you know if they ever release any.

jules the great
07-08-2011, 05:35 PM
LOL at that question. There are no must own kinect games out. Kinect Adventures is the most fun ive had jumping around the living room, but damn that tired me out.

KillboxAlpha
07-09-2011, 06:29 PM
so far i've liked Kinect Sports & the new UFC: Personal Trainer

it wasn't the amazing device that I thought it would on launch, but I'm sure that with time they will develop something worth while - probably Starwars :p or some kind of Zombie Killing Game :)

Acevelvet
07-13-2011, 03:23 AM
I havnt seen a single bad game for he Kinect

willssmith22283
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
For me the only must own game for Kinect so far is Kinect Sports, looking forward to purchasing the UFC Trainer thou. :)

DDDLOTS
09-24-2011, 09:34 PM
My buddy picked up Kinectimals for $13 so we could get some easy gamerscore. Truth be told, it's really fun. At no point is it ever frustrating or are you in jeopardy of losing. Makes great use of the technology. Great for kids, especially if you can't own pets where you live. I recommend it for anyone.

QPR Jones
09-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Are any of the fitness games good enough to keep you coming back for more. or are they all play for a few days then forget about them

BluWolve
09-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Are any of the fitness games good enough to keep you coming back for more. or are they all play for a few days then forget about them
Yourshape Fitness Evolved is a good decent fitness game for kinect. Kinect Sports, Kinectimals and Kinect Adventures are good for kids as well.

admp
09-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Kinect sports for me, i enjoy playing that game with my children (still haven't worked out how they are that good at bowling). My girlfriend thinks that the Zumba fitness game is the best that kinect has so far.

Sylencia
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread BigPete, but I have a question, I have adventures and loved it, haven't had the room to play on in ages though, but im wondering if there are any other games that would be great for Christmas entertainment with me and my family ?

sleepydumbdude
09-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Try fruit ninja. My friends kids love that game.

matheusps92
09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
i've played the demo of a few games, and the child of eden and the gunstringer are fantastic, you should try.
also, in the end of the year halo anniversary will be released, and i'm curious: how will we play with kinect? its another one to try

Bencho
09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm really interested in getting a copy of "Child of Eden", maybe mi next buy. Also UFC Trainner seems really cool. Meanwhile I've ordered "Brain and Body connection"

But that's really up to you which kind of games you like, fortunately most of them have demos.

DarkReign2021
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
i've played the demo of a few games, and the child of eden and the gunstringer are fantastic, you should try.
also, in the end of the year halo anniversary will be released, and i'm curious: how will we play with kinect? its another one to try

You should never bank on "Better With Kinect" game being of any real value to the Kinect's supported Library as it doesn't ever seem to support any major gameplay mechanics.

Halo: CEA had it's Kinect functionality confirmed. By saying "Classic" or "Modern" (Might not be the exact words) you can switch the game between it's 2001 and 2011 graphics. It would be a nice way to make the change quickly without having to navigate a menu like was previously intended, but 343i made the graphic swap feature function with the single press of a button (I'm guessing the Back button.) It'll be faster to just hit the button than have to repeatedly utter those same two words over and over.

Gingerkev
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I would have to say Kinect Sports, Kinectanimals and Kinect Adventures....

o5FLORIDAo5
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Kinect is about more than games. I love the menu navagation for movies and music and after the update it will be even easyer. and when u watch a movie at night it is nice to just say xbox pause insted of looking for the controler.. as of now the sports,fitness and dance games are good. the other games are ok but get boreing fast. it is worth the money.

Exify
10-19-2011, 11:49 PM
My buddy picked up Kinectimals for $13 so we could get some easy gamerscore. Truth be told, it's really fun. At no point is it ever frustrating or are you in jeopardy of losing. Makes great use of the technology. Great for kids, especially if you can't own pets where you live. I recommend it for anyone.

I'm not a kid, but I think I would really like this game. LOL. I feel stupid :p

fairmont
10-20-2011, 03:46 AM
i really enjoyed kinect adventures i thought that Carnival games was alright didnt really like joy ride all that much, got kinectimals for my gf the other day but i am yet to play it.

Epic Lou
10-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Dance Central & Michael Jackson: The Experience

8kdznloco
10-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Gunstringer and Fruit ninjas are the ones my kids prefer.

pyromattmatchstick
11-10-2011, 03:46 PM
well the gunstringer and rise of nightmares are probably the best games other than both dance central and dance central 2, also for kids and for yourself kung fu panda 2 and puss in boots are fun,blackwater is a pretty fun game it is really hard but fun.also micheal jackson and dance paradise is fun along with kinectimals,and just dance 3.hulk hogan and powerup heros are very fun too but dont have alot of content in the games and dont have the best graphics but if your a real gamer you wont care about graphics but for the fun of the game. thats just my opinion

superredsoxfan
11-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I dont think any kinect games are a must. But i do think the halo one will be good, once its released.

TSheena
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Dance central 1 and 2. And if you like to dance to japanese style music go for Dance Evolution/Master, I like dance central better though. Depends on what else you like, I'm the type of person that still likes to play Kinectimals haha xD It's so cute , funny and very entertaining. The idea of kicking a ball with a black panter :D Haven't played any other kinect games exept for kinectimals, adventure and dance central, but the raving rabbits games looks like fun.

inchoate
11-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Kinect Adventures are absolute musts.

I was really excited about Rise Of Nightmares, until I actually played the travesty. Now I think I've managed to block out the memories. I'm looking forward to Ryse.

Worhammer
11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Kinect Adventures are absolute musts.

I was really excited about Rise Of Nightmares, until I actually played the travesty. Now I think I've managed to block out the memories. I'm looking forward to Ryse.
Can I ask why with Rise of Nightmares? I've heard nothing but good about it (both reviews, and from friends who have it...)

I'd love to hear your opinions and why you disliked it, so it may influence me not actually buying it.

the dude1978
11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
i enjoyed rise of nightmares.to me this is how kinect should be used to play games.fair enough it wasnt perfect but the depth of full body control amazed me.its more than just jump up and down or wave your hand a bit.seems to me though that all thats ever going to be released is mini game game collections.

DFILL450
11-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Can I ask why with Rise of Nightmares? I've heard nothing but good about it (both reviews, and from friends who have it...)

I'd love to hear your opinions and why you disliked it, so it may influence me not actually buying it.

Where have you seen nothing but good reviews? It has a 54 on metacritic.

But I'm debating getting a Kinect. It's gonna be $99 at best buy on black friday.

Rascalov
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Child of Eden has had some great reviews, though, it doesn't seem like many people have actually played it. Have any of you guys played it?

fivenotewonder
11-20-2011, 02:50 AM
im holding off kinect for 2 years, as with the wii, the first batch of games are nothing more than tech demos and exploring what can be done with it. I do, really wanna play mj experience though {big fan oww cha mone}

fivenotewonder
11-20-2011, 02:53 AM
im excited for the star wars game too, could be the game all fans could be proud of.

Dothackbear
11-20-2011, 05:11 AM
i think disneyland kinect adventures is super fun and a must own, ign's review said its the best kinect game to date

leeiom
11-20-2011, 05:51 PM
If I buy Disney adventures for the kids I can kiss my 360 goodbye...... They are getting sky landers for Xmas which will be bad enough

Rickmassacre
11-20-2011, 06:04 PM
mainly i've got workout games for my kinnect but retail wise ive got adventures which is pretty good, still need 2 cheevos :@
sonic free riders kinda fun but hurts my back so much
joy ride, i loved this i actually did.
have yet to play most of the arcade but i want fruit ninja :( i have it on my ipod and loved it.

HellspawnRei
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Where have you seen nothing but good reviews? It has a 54 on metacritic.

But I'm debating getting a Kinect. It's gonna be $99 at best buy on black friday.

To be honest i dont trust reviews.Best way to judge a game is to play it,but its just my opinion.

Rise of Nightmares has a lot of fans and all of them enjoyed alot playing it.

CRAZY 7
11-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Gunstringer is fun and I also enjoy fruit ninjas

turbogeo
11-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Fruit ninja and dance central. Fighters unchanged sounds good, but is horrible.

Spiduchna
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Sports 2 for sure:)

MrXboxLive14
12-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Kinect sports and kinect adventures from what i know

I mak3 big boom
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
To be honest i dont trust reviews.Best way to judge a game is to play it,but its just my opinion.

Rise of Nightmares has a lot of fans and all of them enjoyed alot playing it.
Best way to judge games is to listen to the people on this site ;)

OT: I would say the Gunstringer, and Fruit Ninja Kinect. I have yet to play rise of nightmares but go to the forums for it on this site and look at the reviews(They were fantastic). I'm getting Rise of Nightmares for Christmas I hope :woop:

Xeali0n
12-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Picked up Kinect sports 2 last weekend for half price this is a must if you have a kinect its so fun!

XMTony
12-23-2011, 01:19 AM
I love Fruit ninja and Dance Central 2

noukske
12-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Just dance 3, Kinectanimals, kinect adventures and fruit ninja are the games my kids love to play. between 8-13

Coruba
12-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Rise Of Nightmares interested me briefly, it had a good atmosphere, and an interesting ( but ulitmately annoying ) navigation set up. It just got boring really quick.

I'll skip Kinect Adventures because you'll likey get it with the system but its definatley worth a look.

As for must haves, Kinect Sports 1&2 if you like party games with your friends ( always better with Scotch )

Fruit Ninja Kinect for brief bursts of sporodic exercise and mindless entertainment ( also better with Scotch )

The Gunstringer and Kinectimals for single player story entertainment and good humor although the latters steering controls are dodgy the game is still worth playing.

gregd396
12-27-2011, 07:02 PM
True I think Kinect has yet to hit it's stride, but it's still fun to have in the mean time.

STLfan2468
12-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Dance Central and Kinect Sports are a must!!!

stefb42
12-30-2011, 12:36 AM
i found kinect sports to be my least favourite,must be all the repetitive moves,i was in agony for 3 days after playing that game,found the dance ones more enjoyable and surprisingly less painful,

Heros
12-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Seems to me the list is as follows

Kinectimals
Gunstringer
Fruit Ninja
MJ: Experience
Dance Central 1 & 2
Rise of Nightmares

with the "try them and see" games being

Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports

I'm sold on Fruit Ninja already, I love it on my phone :)
Rise of Nightmares seems interesting, I know nothing about Gunstringer, and I'm just to white to have any sort of dancing ability so I'll stay way from anything related.

Staesia
12-30-2011, 05:35 AM
I pretty much agree with what has already been said. Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports are fun games, especially when played with a group of friends. Kinectimals is really cute and i've considered having my niece play it. I really like Dance Central, but I haven't had too much time to play it. Also, the Kinect is really nice for the voice navigation, especially since the latest xbox 360 update really put it to better use than the previous setup of the dashboard. I also have to say Zumba and My Fitness Evolved weren't very great games to have for the Kinect.

Savage13
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Got Kinect a week ago for Christmas. Came with Adventures and download codes for Fruit Ninja and Gunstringer. Baught Dance Central 1 separately. Best thing about it (or worst depending on POV) is that the wife is now excited to play and we get some exercise dancing, jumping slicing, etc. great for small get togethers and parties. If you get one, make sure to download Fun Labs- a free MS app for making bobble heads, avatars, etc.

Dance Central way more fun than I thought it would be. Adventures is okay but will get boring fast. Fruit Ninja is a hoot and easy to play for anyone. Gunstringer is well implemented and high quality production, but I can only handle it in smaller doses.

Will probably get Kinect Sports when everything gets boring and UFC trainer for better workouts.

Nemesis UK
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Both Kinnect Sports are ok but a little light on content. The response it great. I got my Kinnect used from Blockbuster for about 70 so was pretty good value. Adventures can be bought for 5 or less from Blockbusters because so many people have traded it in.

Dave Winchester
01-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Both Dance Central games are great, not everything registers perfectly but if you practice you can 5 star most songs in a few tries. Plus easy achievements

XtROpA
06-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Your Shape Fittnes 2012 is great! 8)

XiaoHippo
06-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Fruit Ninja. I like play it with my friends.

VitaminAmy
06-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Dance Central 2 and Kinectimals

mcnichoj
07-04-2012, 01:41 AM
-Rise of Nightmares
-Steel Battalion
-Kinectimals
-Sesame Street
-Disneyland
-Gunstringer
-Fruit Ninja
-Diobolical Pitch
-Dance Central series (Ignore the copies)

Kinkimono
07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I never dance when out I tried it but never enjoyed it, I sing in the shower but never dance there BUT I'm in love with Dance Central and Dance Central 2 so either/both of those would be on my must have list.

shangri la27
07-13-2012, 04:26 AM
dont get kinect sports 2. that is all.

CheetahGirl
07-13-2012, 07:00 AM
You should try Grease dance. It has very easy moves and nice mini games. If you like the movie, you should defiantly get it.

RobbieTheKiller
07-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Fruit Ninja. Nuff said. :)

AbbyYukiko
09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
If you're a fan of Star Wars I would definitely suggest getting Kinect Star Wars. From what I've played of the game so far, there is a mode where you can be a Jedi, a mode based on pod racing, a mode where you run around destroying things as a Rancor , and a dancing mode, which includes some great Star Wars parody songs. I say it's a must buy for Star Wars fans and personally think that some non-Star Wars fans will enjoy it.

TheRequiem95
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
If you have little kids, I highly suggest the Sesame Street game, Once Upon a Monster. My 3-year old LOVES it.

MCutshaw
10-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is pretty good, it is not boring after time, but just like going to the gym, you have to keep at it or you will forget about it.