PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Rent?

Demonhunter21
07-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm considering buying this game at the moment as I can get it for 18 off of amazon last time I checked.
although I don't know whether to or not as I didn't enjoy the first game much but wasn't very good at it as it didn't make much sense for the 5 days I'd rented it. this one also looks a lot better than dragon rising and like a game I could really get into in.

so just wondering if its worth buying or renting or neither.

searched and looked through the other 4 pages for this topic or similar but didn't find anything so sorry if this is a repeat

Turkdaballa6
07-27-2011, 01:47 AM
It really is a tactical shooter. I would rent it before buying it. I bought it because I played the first operation flashpoint (even the ones back in the day...). Its not a run and gun. Its more of a find cover, use smoke or get smoked. Suppress before you move kinda deal. If you like the challenge and to actually use your brain, I'd grab the game.

If you wanna be safe, just rent it...

DEG23
07-28-2011, 02:08 AM
If you are a fan of slower paced, tactitcal shooters like Ghost Recon, then yeah the campaign is enjoyable, but i'd say only rent if you are a fan of faster paced, run and gun games, because even though the Fire Team Engagements require more of a run and gun attitude to do well, they are littered with AI, programming glitches that will have you pulling out your hair after spending over an hour going for a gold medal only to have your AI counter part fire off a grenade into a wall less than a foot in front of you and kill everyone.

However if you are a fan of co-op or if you can convince some friends to buy the game, then it is an awesome experience, nothing beats having 3 buddies by your side.

Foxler
07-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I would definetly say buy, It's just an awesome game, especially when you have 3 mates in your fireteam :D

SN0W SERPENT
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Definitely buy if you are into tactical shooters. It's hands down the best one available for the 360 to date.

If, on the other hand, you expect a mindless run-n-gun game, then this game is NOT for you. Go back to Halo/CoD with all the kiddies.