PDA

View Full Version : cabelas games for 360

sloppyjoe
07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
i just bought cabelas adventures for 360 and its much better than i thought it would be. so which ones are the good and bad on 360?

OptimusPrime76
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM
i just bought cabelas adventures for 360 and its much better than i thought it would be. so which ones are the good and bad on 360?

I played alaskan adventures and boy was that game shit. Ps2 quality graphics and very slow boring gameplay with a lot of cheap tactics employed by the game. You could be tracking something for ages then be killed with 1/2 hits.

Turned me off trying any other cabelas games to be honest.

KeepEmRolling
07-02-2011, 01:17 PM
The only one I've played is African Safari. I got it on the cheap and felt I got my money's worth, but it's just ok. I'd love a really well done hunting game, but after AS, I've never tried any of the others.

BlamelessSoul
07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
they are all pretty good. Except for the above mentioned Alaskian adventure.

Kunduz
07-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I heard that Cabela Wars was pretty good

sloppyjoe
07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
playing this cabelas game got me wishing someone would make a hunting game free roam and not so restrictive. and a bit more polished.

a hunting game where you would go shopping at cabelas for supplies and gear before the trip. lets say you could have so much weight in your truck. get to the hunting cabin and decide what to bring in the woods with you. this would be even more restricted by weight.

you go hunting. somehow you get lost. you have to watch your thirst and hunger meter to stay alive. two choices, stay where you are, stay alive long enough for a rescue team to find you. or try to walk out.

something like that.

Fueled By RC
07-03-2011, 07:19 AM
I like the "Big Game Hunter" and "Dangerous Hunts" ones. The North American Adventures one is pretty good. Just not very long. Well, none of them really are.

VladimirK
07-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Snip...

IIRC, there was one on the PS2/Xbox that felt a lot more like the way you describe it here.
Might have been Big Game Hunter but I can't quite remember.

As for OP's question, they all seem to be pretty good besides Alaskan Adventures.

I really want to try the new one with the light gun, though; I've not got around to buying it yet.