PDA

View Full Version : Should I exchange Xbox 360 slim for another one?

Freezingwind
07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Hey guys, I recently purchased a new xbox 360, since my other one is a bit outdated and since I'm going to college, one with wireless would be a great decision. I purchased a 250gb xbox 360 slim on the 30th, and it's only been a few days.

I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops, and I was lagging a bit, i thought it was my internet connection, but i'm sure it wasn't because frames were being skipped even when I was playing Solo. And if I play online, after about every 30-40 minutes,the whole screen will freeze for a sec and return to normal. I thought it was the fact that the game was being ran from disc, i installed to HDD, solved nothing.

I thought it was just call of duty, so I downloaded the demo of Split Second and started playing with that for a bit. that lag occurred every 30-40 minutes. also at one point I was finishing up the race about to jump the ramp near the end and I noticed that I saw the texture of the ramp but no detail and then it started loading the graphical detail afterwards.

So I'm guessing it's the graphics card that's messing up, it's only been since the 30th. Like 3 days and some hours ago. Do you think I should return it for another slim or demand my money back and get a older model? Because I'm a hard core gamer I like to play for long periods of time when I'm not working or have nothing else to do.

What do you guys suggest? Thx for help in advance.

Fueled By RC
07-03-2011, 07:05 AM
If you just got it, as long as you have the reciept. Just take it back and get another. Most places wont complain as long as you take it in for another one.

BluWolve
07-03-2011, 07:37 AM
If you just got it, as long as you have the reciept. Just take it back and get another. Most places wont complain as long as you take it in for another one.
yes I agree with this. There is definitely something faulty with the console. Just take it back and get a replacement and you should notice a huge difference.

Freezingwind
07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
yes I agree with this. There is definitely something faulty with the console. Just take it back and get a replacement and you should notice a huge difference.

I hope so, you see here's the thing.

The guy at bestbuy let me try out the 4gb one for 30 days to see if I liked it, and I loved it, So i exchanged it for the 250gb one on the 30th day, and now i have problems. I hope they refreshed my 30 day limit, because I did pay $100 more in exchange.

Mugashi
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, there must be something wrong with the console. I don't see why they won't let you exchange it.